It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Snowden, Users Too Scared to Post Anti-Gov Opinions. Mission Accomplished?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
a reply to: Krazysh0t

no offense, but you missed the point of the article. whether or not the nsa would act on someone voicing an unpopular opinion, the perception that they MIGHT is enough to shut most people up.

also, it's based on a study that's blowing hard data, not smoke, bud.

Very possible and so is something else.

The opposite effect would cause many people to automatically "Defend" a government policy.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hell my friends think, and are probably correct that our convos on facebook are recorded and implemented into a database for further analysis if need be. Hasn't really stopped anybody from speaking out on an injustice, but maybe the frequency has declined

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I always post anti government, anti elite posts because they monitor us, and I think its a really great thing when someone gives you the mike. Trying to write scathing emails to the government pales when you can write threads and posts to show them they're on the wrong team and they got their F's.

They're extremely gnostic (dark), not natural gnosis of seeing through to positive meanings. But dark gnostic. They are very much into weird science and black magic and new age mumbo jumbo, only they think its very classic old. So telling them some truth before you leave earth is always a good idea, maybe some will realize the only purpose in getting your F's so early is to turn them around.

People need to realize, bravery is where its at, not violence, but speaking up and really using the power of their imagination to see what a wonderful, equal and free and abundant and progressed world we could have and keep that in our minds 24/7, and see all the negativity around us for what it is, negative spell casting, black magic from elite druids and cast it aside. When you see through all the layers of programming in media and movies and events, your subconscious is aware its nonsense too, and you don't co-create with them hell. And that's what they're attempting.

So speak up. The more you're monitored the more daring you should be. It earns your cold smoothie on the other side.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I believe we need to look deeper into this. I've been wondering myself if this revealing has changed people since it happened.

Let's look at:
Following ex text from the Pew Internet article:

Spiral of Silence

A major insight into human behavior from pre-internet era studies of communication is the tendency of people not to speak up about policy issues in public—or among their family, friends, and work colleagues—when they believe their own point of view is not widely shared. This tendency is called the “spiral of silence.”1

People have already been silent with politics especially. Thus as why that kind of brings in blame as to why Politics have the major issues because people do not talk about these things effectively trying to change what they feel is wrong, they just figure someone else will.

In both personal settings and online settings, people were more willing to share their views if they thought their audience agreed with them. For instance, at work, those who felt their coworkers agreed with their opinion were about three times more likely to say they would join a workplace conversation about the Snowden-NSA situation.

There's no question that many only post for recognition on social media. When it's not just that, it's worry for negative reactions to something that will make their boss weary. That's been enveloping over the years, perhaps the revealing just further confirmed the fears.

Overall, the findings indicate that in the Snowden case, social media did not provide new forums for those who might otherwise remain silent to express their opinions and debate issues.

Twitter and Facebook, almost seem as a social experiment, not even to mention data collection that is happening.

People reported being less willing to discuss the Snowden-NSA story in social media than they were in person—and social media did not provide an alternative outlet for those reluctant to discuss the issues in person.

I learned from my first Restore the Fourth rally attendance, that on average people(that likely use FB and Twitter) do not want to hear about the NSA, and or they feel it is not an issue. "I haven't done anything wrong so I have nothing to worry about."

I do really feel that these lack of discussion is only limited to those sites. References: Numerous Snowden/NSA ATS threads as an example.

edit on 28-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join