It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Images Hacked?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Other people seem to be experiencing the same thing. From Yahoo Answers:

Has a picture of a car crash in Russia taken over your Google Images like it has mine?
James Boswell answered 1 hour ago
I'm glad it wasn't only me. Very strange...
Frankie answered 17 mins ago
Yes! Make it stop!
Anonymous edited 1 hour ago
"CTON" STREET SIGN??

Source

Odd..
edit on 26/8/2014 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Ok so the two images I got are this 1#: Is the car accident which is the most common 2# After image searching google I found the NBA player picture is of Kevin Durant during his MVP acceptance speech (This second image is really really uncommon and only showed with the car crash pics a few times) a reply to: N0thingT0SeeHere

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
That's weird. Haven't seen that one just yet.

a reply to: mstreatz

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Another person having this issue:
www.gamespot.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Well...for me, this is not a software/malware/virus issue as best I can tell. I dug into my router and (without going into a long thing) made sure nothing was attached and everything is protected. Since others are having issues, etc...I'm gonna go with it being a Google problem only. Now...with the new NBA image showing up, I'm also not concerned that this is anything about "information" anyone is trying to get out to the public, so my paranoia has faded.

Oh well...crap happens and then takes up your whole morning
I'll check back later, but this appears to be a non-issue...except for Google.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It seems now that everyone is reporting the issue. I assume everyone just thought it was a virus that infected their computers like I did. I don't want look into it to much but could this be an attack on google? I feel it's very unlikely due to how random the image is/there seems to be no reason behind it. I feel that the issue is something technical on their end. a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Another picture pops up the odd time, I searched google images and one of the pictures was randomly the nba kia press conference which I have seen a couple of times before randomly on google images, I looked up the conference up on youtube and in that conference the head of kia was talking about the safety of their cars, I dont know if that car is a kia in that car crash, but if it is then it's pretty conspictuous of why it shows a kia in a car crash, why would someone do all that work to just randomly put up pictures of how bad kias are

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I took a look at the Chrome console when searching. Keeps kicking back errors of "insecure response" whenever it calls for an image.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Another tid-bit...it appears to only affect thumbnail Google images after number 20. So 21 and on are affected. Sounds like Google's being hacked.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Or...funnier yet...a Google programmer made a change and simply f'ed up.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Reports say Honda-CRV

a reply to: thirdeye47

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's a Honda. I can confirm by a video on a Russian news site: www.ntv.ru... a reply to: N0thingT0SeeHere

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Yeah so i found the link to the "thumbnail" of the picture...

it seems to be link to this address: encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com...:ANd9GcRkqo_I5nIa0t8Qo-wV6vohmJIF-HA-rjdWtH4LB-m01nGANVr3

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Perhaps it's something like this

www.theguardian.com...

And someone labeled the car photo as many different things in wikia

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

And a week before that a very unfortunate thing popped up when you Googled "Skellow" - but not nearly as "grand a scale" as this.

And no, I'm not going to link.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Reported to Google Product forums and is currently being investigated.

Source
edit on 26-8-2014 by N0thingT0SeeHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Perhaps it's something like this

www.theguardian.com...

And someone labeled the car photo as many different things in wikia

I'm not so sure. If clicking the car image led to the car images...YES! But since it is only the thumbnail, I'm still leaning toward hack or error.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Well, I have the same issue.... great to see it's not only me.

I don't know if it's because google was hacked or if its some error in the engine... It could be the last one, because I've noticed that the image-search layout its been changed lately

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
this is very strange, I still don't know why it's showing this certain picture of a car crash in russia a few years ago ... i don't understand how google can get hacked. must be someone working for google behind this, because theres no way a single user / group can hacked google and have all the pictures there.

I think its somone that is working for google... could be the "Google+" founder that quit lulz... it's very strange to me.... i thought it was just me searching "Windows Build 9795" was giving me these pictures, as i turn to realized it was anything you search on google images.

hmm it is strange

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
That happens to my browser right before it crashes.

On my phone I prefer Dolphin-browser.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join