It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with EBOLA symptoms quarantined in INDIA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
A country which is dense populated and has weak health infrastructure has now it´s first suspected Ebola case.

Mumbai: A resident of Vasai in Maharashtra's Palghar district, who recently arrived in Mumbai from Lagos in Nigeria, is being treated for symptoms of Ebola at an isolated ward of a government hospital.

Maharashtra Health Minister Suresh Shetty said Lalit Kumar was suffering from vomiting after returning from Lagos. He is being treated in the isolation ward of a government hospital by doctors, he said. His samples have been sent to the National Institute of Virology, Pune, for confirmation.

LINK

Health experts are already worried about Ebola coming to India, due IIndia´s overburdened healthcare the chances are that Ebola will spread really fast like anything before.
LINK

Even WHO seems to be worried about this.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
Whoa.
A really bad place to have ebola get started.
No swipe at the Indian people, but there certainly are a lot of issues with hygiene and sanitation there.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Meh. Ebola doesn't bother me. The reason it is killing everyone in Africa is due to a lack of basic healthcare and hospitals.

I'd say certainly most western countries would cope a lot better. Catch it early and treat it. Unfortunatley for India most of their doctors work in the UK....;-)
edit on 25-8-2014 by Briles1207 because: ..

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
Meh. Ebola doesn't bother me. The reason it is killing everyone in Africa is due to a lack of basic antibiotics and hospitals.

I'd say certainly most western countries would cope a lot better. Catch it early and treat it. Unfortunatley for India most of their doctors work in the UK....;-)

Antibiotics don't affect viruses.
Ebola is caused by viruses.

ETA: Antibiotics are used to treat secondary bacterial infections if a person has them in conjunction with a viral infection, but the antibiotic only kills the bacteria.
edit on bu312014-08-25T08:01:40-05:0008America/ChicagoMon, 25 Aug 2014 08:01:40 -05008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Does anyone know if it is only India's Western medical infrastructure that is over burdened? I was under the impression this was a place that had a mostly natural healing practice.

I have no idea how that distinction will make a difference with Ebola. I'm just trying to clarify.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

Since anbiotics are for bacterial infections and Ebola is a virus, antibiotics won't be of much help.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You are right ! Indian sanitation problems are probably the worst in the World. Its always amaze me how people can live in such a filth and do nothing about it.

Ebola in places like this is a countdown to pandemics

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Apologies, "resources" then :-)

second line

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Its all sections, there is a good doctors too, but the people are too poor to attend decent healthcare. There are a lot of charlatans who does the "health work" in India and makes a average poor Joe to seek help from them. Charlatans are more common in India than they are in Africa.
edit on 25-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

(post by CallYourBluff removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
One of the main problems I see with Ebola hitting India is that it will be fairly similar to Africa with dead bodies piling up and in the streets. If this is Ebola and it has spread from this person in India, then this would possibly be a worst case scenario for a world outbreak....gotta love nature!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Mumbai and its new discovered tourist trap, visiting the shanty town.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Another scary thing is the amount of media coverage on Ebola.....it has dropped off the face of the earth it seems. And the count now, from WHO, as of August 22nd is 2615 cases with 1427 deaths. That has jumped a lot in a week.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Whoa!

India is very heavily populated and the health system is not very good.

Lets hope they contain it and there are no more reports because if it spreads in India,
the potential is for millions to get sick.

India has 1.2 billion people, that is almost 1/7th the worlds population,
not good.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Oh dear! I hope not, not only for Indians themselves, but for the numbers who live over here and go back and forward visiting family.

Soon we will have to have a blanket over our air and sea incoming if it spreads to India.

I cannot understand how supposedly rich countries that have nucler bombs cannot spend some of their money on public toilets and sanitation. If it spreads to these countries, their nuclear weapons will be as redundant as they were when they first acquired them.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
It's about time god thinned their numbers.

Which god do you pray to and would you say the same if this were to happen in a densely populated city in your country? It seems a lot of people have lost their humanity and see fellow humans as lesser people due to where they are from.

No one deserves to suffer like this.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You pick...biological war games or biological wars???
And if you say it's biological wars, then you have to throw in nanowars meaning they busted out nano technology.

"This epidemic doesn't have any link to that which is now happening in West Africa," Numbi said.

DR Congo confirms Ebola cases as deadly virus goes beyond West Africa
www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I can hope this is false alarm because as others have said, over-populated and poor healthcare in certain Cities! We would be looking at mass die offs and possible transference to other Country's from there including those who visit from the UK and we have big population of Asians!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed

You pick...biological war games or biological wars???
And if you say it's biological wars, then you have to throw in nanowars meaning they busted out nano technology.

"This epidemic doesn't have any link to that which is now happening in West Africa," Numbi said.

DR Congo confirms Ebola cases as deadly virus goes beyond West Africa
www.cnn.com...

Whoa...that article is an eye opener. Congo says in it:

The central African nation said its test showed that the strain is different from the one that has killed nearly 1,500 people in the West African nations of Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria.

So this new one is apparently a different strain. Makes me wonder if all the weather trends changing in areas is partly to blame for this.....possibly making it easier for Ebola to multiply and be transmitted.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

Read about Congo few days back, different strain totally and killed over 70 patients in a short period of time.

Also discussed here in ATS LINK

Natural mutation or GMO, as these outbreaks happen, I have a feeling that not all is told to us. Maybe its NWO in the works.. Who knows.
edit on 25-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join