It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird just happened

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
While I was watching netflix, my computer screen just went black like it shut off or something, even when doing repair, it does the same thing like it did with netflix. However, I had a new text document on my desktop. When I opened it, it said contact me anytime priagent25 from phonenumber. usa. I deleted it in safemode. Something says I should have kept it. It has taken me like 20 minutes just to get back online because of this.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

First time I have ever seen this as a problem on my computer or any computer.

Thanks

And my dog was going crazy if that helps. Took him like five minutes to settle down.
edit on 24-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Sounds fun. IMO Seems like someone thinks you are worth the effort... I mean to hack into your system and leave you a note begging for your attention. Comes off a bit stalker-ish.

Be Safe

edit on E14America/Chicago08278 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DiabolicalYou should definitely check your firewall status.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
If your computer screen is going black that's likely a driver or hardware issue. Computers are not magical; have an IT professional take a look at it they should be able to run some tests and figure out what's wrong. Most workplaces have an IT department that keeps systems up to date and stable; otherwise, you can try taking your computer to best buy to have them take a look; they will probably overcharge you for the repair, though.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Took me another 10 minutes to get on here. I think my flat screen kicked the bucket. Maybe it's my flat screen TV over heating. I switched my monitors. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Well, it's not my flat screen. It's still doing it. That rules one thing out. Stupid computer won't even let me check for errors.
I think netflix just got hacked. When I try tried to typed netflix in the browser, it did it again.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I had something similarish happen just a few days ago.

Usually I leave my computer running while I go and watch telly in the living room, but that evening for some strange reason I decided to shut it down.

After watching telly I went to turn the puter back on, it showed windows starting, then the screen went black, the hard drive was still running, it was doing something because the light was on. I just assumed puter was having an update.

45 minutes later, I realised this wasn't an update, especailly when I got a blue screen come up saying there was a problem with your computer and windows is shutting down to protect itself.

So I went to bed, got up the next day turned it on, but it still looked like it was going to to do what it did the night before.

So I put it into safe, did a system restore and haven't looked back since.

Interestingly enough one of the things which showed up after the restore, was my AVG was asking for a license number (it has never done that), I don't think what happend to me was the entirely the same as the OP....I didn't have any files come up with names and numbers, that said I didn't notice any, I haven't been waatching Netflix either, sorry I can't be much help, but perhaps my tale of woe will be of some use.

edit on 24-8-2014 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
And my dog was going crazy if that helps. Took him like five minutes to settle down.

The document on your desktop suggests you were hacked. Your dog going crazy indicates you may have a virus which is using high frequency sound waves to communicate with other infected computers.
edit on 24/8/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well I', back. For how long, I don't know. I don't think it has anything to do with the dog. Just happened at the same time. lol

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Do you have anymore posts about these types of virus?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What has worked for me when odd things like that happen is to do a system restore. Takes a couple of minutes and it's always worked like a charm. Then make sure your firewall and security stuff is up to date.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well it finally let me run a program. I used spybot. Let me type netflix in and I'll see if it happens again. Well it let me in, and didn't go black. Going to try to watch a video, let me see if it happens again. Wish me luck. It's letting me watch the video now. Like WTH. lol

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon
I had something similarish happen just a few days ago.

Usually I leave my computer running while I go and watch telly in the living room, but that evening for some strange reason I decided to shut it down.

This is the exact problem I had last night.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

This is the exact problem I had last night.

See, now I thought one of two things when it happend to me...

1) A virus (most likely cause)

2) Puter was on its way out, or an update problem

It was very strange though, the reason I initially suspected an updete gone wrong, because prior to when I shut it down to watch telly, it did take a while to shut down (not uncommon), then on start uo I got the windows title screen but it never progressed to the password sign in page.

I do watch a lot of stuff online, and probably ask for a viral intervention, but usually my puter can cope.

One thing I have noticed since this happend, is that it takes longer for my computer to start up, specifically from the point ofpressing on and the windows sign appearing, to the point the password screen comes on...I even had a little panic erlier thinking oh god not again, thankfully though it was ok.

Ok scratch most of the above (apart from the last paragraph).

There looks to have been some buggy issues with the last windows update, one relates to ....

Microsoft is investigating behavior in which systems may crash with a 0x50 Stop error message (bugcheck) after any of the following updates are installed:

Scroll down the page to issue 3

I think it my be linked to our dilema, it may not be, perhaps someone with more puter knoweledge than us might be able to shed light?

edit on 24-8-2014 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2014 by solargeddon because: Realised I'm a donkey!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Okay, now you lost me. After I ran spybot, it hasn't reoccurred.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I don't know myself, all I know is I had to go to a lot of trouble to even get my puter to come on.

I just looked up on google anything relating to windows 7 updates and what I found I added to the bottom of the above post.

I think mine may have been an update gone awry, which is why it took a system restore to band aid the problem, especially as my AVG seemd to get knocked out by the whole thing.

I ran a malwarebytes and an AVG after re-installing, but my puter came up clean, apart from one threat on the AVG, this might mean my problem was not an update problem but a viral problem after all.

So in short, virus or update caused my problem, I can't really decide which, I both have potential to be the problem.

Hence why I make so little sense. lol

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Run "eset online scanner"
www.eset.com...
Eset is still going to find something MBAM and others cannot touch.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: staple

www.eset.com...

Thanks for that tip
you were right it found what i was looking for when all the rest failed

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: staple

www.eset.com...

I don't trust that. Thanks, but no thanks.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Don't trust what? Eset as a company or the online scan?
I have been using NOD32 and Eset products for over 10 years. I have yet to find a better AV program.
BTW it seems to have help the OP so you don't have to take my word for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join