It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots could murder us out of KINDNESS unless they are taught the value of human life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
animatrix anyone

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The only robots that are going to kill humans are the ones programmed to do so by humans.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Well I've used a shovel and I can tell you it's very very hard work. And slow. The big farms using massive machines to do it and it's much more productive. Some of those machines don't have any operators and use gps.

Long ago they were using animals to make farming easier. It's not like htey did it themselves only. They're were a lot smarter than that. 500 years ago they used wind mills to make lumber. They weren't dumb cavemen.
edit on 24-8-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

All this technology and people can use GPS to drive tractors while sitting behind a computer in the house eating doritos and drinking a coke. Then they wonder how come their circulation in their legs is getting bad.

I worked construction half of my working life, and grew up on a farm in the summers. We had equipment to do lots of the work, but we were supplying lots of product. I'm talking more about having a garden in the yard, not so much about big Agra.

I also have post hole diggers, both manual and power. I have lots of tools to make things easier. But when You buy these tools, you usually wind up say putting up a fence that you really don't need to put up, one that needs maintenance. Sooner or later you rip it down and turn the fence into kindling for your woodstove, wondering why you even put it up. Was it because you had a gas post hole digger?

I am guilty of justifying my purchases of tools. The only one that actually came out ahead is the ones producing or selling the tools....and the split rail fence in my case. It is nice having kindling handy though.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
We already have humans killing all other animals and other humans. Why worry over robots only? If you think robots should have no free will why not mind control humans?

Humans are mind - controlled , even ( perhaps especially ) those who consider themselves ' free thinkers '.

The words ' freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose... ' were penned by an army intel captain . It's not just jihadists and fundamentalists and political activists who are mind controlled , it's everybody.

We will have to do the same with the new generation of ( non human ) robots ... or die.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join