It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I saw a UFO last night.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So some buddies and I were hanging out last night in their backyard in Chandler AZ. We Stargaze a lot when we are drinking and such. But we were hanging out and we see this bright light up in the sky. It almost looked like a star but a lot brighter moving across the sky from West to East in the North Eastern part of the sky. Now I see Airplanes all day and night we live about 15 miles from Sky Harbor International and this was no commercial plane it had no flickering strobe lights or green or red lights on it most defiantly was not a satellite because it was moving to fast and it wasn’t a shooting star because it moved to slow. It just went from West to East way to high to be a Jet then the white light that looked like a star turned a bright red then poof. Pulled a Keyser Soze and was gone. It just vanished. Really tripped us out.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Could it have been the ISS ? , you had a sighting opportunity 8.30 pm last night.
Spot The Station
Fri Aug 22, 8:30 PM 2 min 60° 19 above NW 58 above ENE

edit on 23-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No this was at like 2AM lol. We had just got back from the bar lol. Although that would of been cool.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Technically that was this morning then

No worries the mystery goes on.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

But now im going to look for the Space station tonight lol thanks!!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Did you think to take picture ?

Cody

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I see things like this fairly often. If they change direction it's not a shooting star or a satellite.
Spend some time sky gazing where there is no light pollution. The heavens are full of wonder.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I saw the space station last night no red or green lights , just white.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Yeah I tried to take out my phone but Iphones suck monkey balls and it took forever to load because I left it on video mode. It appeared and was gone within 2-3 min

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A plane can also look like a single bright non-blinking light on occasion, such as when they are on approach.

The bright white landing lights of planes (which do not blink) can -- when viewed at a distance -- often obscure the blinking white and colored navigation lights, especially when viewed from certain angles. Landing lights are often turned on 30 or 40 miles from an airport.

What you could end up seeing when viewing a plane with its landing light on is a single (sometimes double) bright light. The plane could also be silent if it is far enough away (say about 10 miles from you).

I realize you said it was moving too fast to be an aircraft, so I'm not saying this is what you definitely saw. I'm only pointing out that it is incorrect to say that if it was a plane, then it HAD to have blinking lights.

edit on 8/23/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954

I saw the space station last night no red or green lights , just white.

The object in the OP had no other lights either which made me think of the ISS as a possible explanation.

this was no commercial plane it had no flickering strobe lights or green or red lights on it

The ISS is a cool thing to see even when you know what it is and when it's coming

edit on 23-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How long did you see it before it turned red and disappeared? Some meteors do go pretty slow and change colors but if you saw it longer than 20 seconds or so I doubt it was one.

If it changed speed or direction I would be more likely to believe it was something exotic - not saying it wasn't.

Well either way you did see a UFO, as you have not identified it yet!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: captainmjp

It appeared and was gone within 2 to 3 min. It was a trip. Got us all talking about aliens and stuff though.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
From your discription I pick two vid clip for you to look at
which one did it look like the most
No 1

or was it more like this one
No 2

If none maybe go check my other vid from my sky cam here
www.youtube.com...
Anyway let me know which one look like the best match
edit on 23-8-2014 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
a reply to: captainmjp

It appeared and was gone within 2 to 3 min. It was a trip. Got us all talking about aliens and stuff though.

2 to 3 minutes sound like it could have been a satellite. They are often in the sky for that long, and they could turn reddish as the sun reflect off of them differently just before fading away.

You did say in your OP that it was moving too fast to be a satellite, but being visible in the sky for 2 to 3 minutes does not sound like it was moving all that fast (at least not so fast that it couldn't be a satellite).

edit on 8/23/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Keyser Soze, Keyser Soze, Keyser Soze!!!!!!!!

ahem:
Interesting sighting. Are you able to look up flight paths for your area?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I seen the same thing at the the same time.
I live in Scotland.
It wasn't the ISS because I could see that too. I will also point out that it "appeared". It wasn't something that just got brighter.

I was going to start a thread on this today. But no pics = it didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Video 1.
That kinda overburn effect didn't happen at the end. It remained bright.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Lol...been there, done that! Sounds like a fun evening no matter what it was!

Definitely not a meteor!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

You should still make a post about your sighting. Ignore the haters & focus on those who are interested in what you have to say

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join