It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does a Florida County Need Eight $18 Million Helicopters?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And btw, before you go trying to claim that the Detroit Free Press is not a verifiable and reliable source here is some actual info about the newspaper...

Detroit Free Press

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Detroit Free Press is the largest daily newspaper in Detroit, Michigan, USA. The Sunday edition is entitled the Sunday Free Press. It is sometimes informally referred to as the "Freep" (reflected in the paper's web address, www.freep.com). It primarily serves Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, Washtenaw, and Monroe counties.

The Free Press is also the largest city newspaper owned by Gannett, which also publishes national newspaper USA Today. The Free Press has received ten [2]Pulitzer Prizes and four[3] Emmy Awards. The newspaper's motto is "On Guard for 183 Years."

en.wikipedia.org...

The Detroit Free Press online website is where you can find a link to the DLA database that is legal to search. The DLA database itself states as a disclaimer and a warning that no unauthorized use of their database is allowed.

I am guessing that the DLA gave a link to the Detroit Free Press where just some of the database could be searched, but not the actual link which only authorized personnel can use.

If you want to disprove the information I provided in this thread you would have to prove that the Detroit Free Press is not a reliable source, which I doubt you could do because it is as reliable of a source as they come.

edit on 23-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

edit on 23-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: to fix acronyms

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

Thanks. I don't live as close as you do to them. I have been contemplating on whether to contact the NASS and asking them directly about the helos and their purpose, but since I don't really have any credentials as a journalist they don't have to tell me anything.

edit on 23-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Why do major defense companies only sell equipment in bulk? Who the hell needs 12 drones at one time???

That's where the small business known as the North American Surveillance Systems comes into play. The name kind of explains part of their job. *wink*

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The database that was in the OP is not correct and the title of this thread is misleading. The helos went to PAFB, not the Brevard County Sheriff's office.

Let me rephrase this, Brevard Country did not receive 8 military surplus AH-64s, they went to a local AirForce base and it may not have even been 8, that could be a typo too.
edit on 23-8-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Oh boy I see lots of confusion here so let us clear some of it up. The list is legit. However, once again lack of how the Goverment works comes into play. The Brevard county Sheriffs office has 3 old military surplus OH-58A helicopters.

Now you read that list and you see 8 more helicopters for 18 million each that do not seem exist. How 8 helicopters worth 18 million each go missing and nobody notices you ask? Well to start with they are not worth 18 miilion each. That price is what it cost the military when they were first bought. That is not the amount that is charged nor is it what the item is worth today. The items are all free.

Still you ask what about these 8 missing helicopters you see listed? Well they are not complete helicopters. When an agency like you local police get military surplus items like helicopters they are very expensive to maintain and get parts for as they tend to be old. So the Law Enforcement Support Office of the DLA provides other old aircraft for parts.
www.dispositionservices.dla.mil...

Not all aircraft received will be in "flyable" condition. Some aircraft are issued strictly for parts.

So when you read that thing you have remember that agencies depend on the DLA for parts as well and items on that list may not be working or even complete. So this is why you can not find these helicopters because they are being used to keep the others in the air. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread! I searched my county to see what they're planning. Twenty 5.56 mm rifles @ $499.00 each, sixteen 7.62 mm rifles @ $138.00 each, and one truck @ $25,000. I wish I could get a 7.62 mm rifle for $138.00. Now I'll check the rest of the state. I saw a Cobra gunship 2 weeks ago flying over the beach.

edit on 23-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I never wrote that the Brevard county sheriff received the helos... This is why the governor of Florida hired the NASS, and why the NASS has chosen the Titusville’s Space Coast Regional Airport to expand and consolidate its fixed and rotary-wing aircraft modification business. This is to keep and maintain the military helos, as that is part of their job.

Read the information provided instead of claiming things people did not write jrod.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I mentioned that the DLA does transfers military surplus equipment, they don't always ask to pay the full price tag unless the LEA can afford it, which most often they can't. However the LEA's have to pay for the transportation and shipping costs of whatever equipment is being transferred to them. We do not know for certain how much money they paid for these helos.

As for the helos being just for parts that cannot be the reason why the governor of Florida hired the North American SURVEILLANCE Systems which chose the Titusville’s Space Coast Regional Airport to expand and consolidate its fixed and rotary-wing aircraft modification business.

Some of those helos will not be just used just for parts. However, it is possible that some of them will be used for parts but not all of them, otherwise why have parts at all for the helos if you don't have operational helos?

edit on 23-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It doesn't take you directly to the website because it would be illegal to do so.

Care to show me this law that says it is against it to link directly to the DLA site?

Now you are trying to get me in jail by asking me to post direct access to the site, and I do have to wonder what game you are trying to play here.

Well then Google is some deep crap for this...

Defense Logistics Agency - Home Page
www.dla.mil/
Defense Logistics Agency
Before the USS Denver sails into history, her crew received some help with the decommissioning process from DLA personnel at Sasebo and Iwakuni, Japan.
‎Careers - ‎Disposition Services - ‎Contact Us - ‎Headquarters DLA

So whatever you think I am trying to do is a bit strange, because I asked you a very straightforward question that you are just sidestepping by saying it's against the law to directly link to the DLA site...why?

www.flgov.com...

www.dla.mil...

www.nassusa.net...

www.flgov.com...

So now what do any of those links have to do with Brevard County buying 8 Apaches because All they discuss is the fact that a new business that upgrades aircraft is moving in, so how is that proof?

Here you may enjoy reading this from Nass about their new operations center.

www.nassusa.net...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Care to show me this law that says it is against it to link directly to the DLA site?

Not the DLA site, but the direct link to the DLA database. The disclaimer and warning is at the bottom of their database page.

I actually gave links to the DLA website, but not a direct link to the database. Again now you are not understanding we are talking about different links.

If you want to, search on google "DLA database" and spell the meaning of the acronym for the DLA... The warning and disclaimer is right at the bottom of the page...

edit on 23-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I never wrote that the Brevard county sheriff received the helos... This is why the governor of Florida hired the NASS, and why the NASS has chosen the Titusville’s Space Coast Regional Airport to expand and consolidate its fixed and rotary-wing aircraft modification business. This is to keep and maintain the military helos, as that is part of their job.

No it isn't and I would love to see the proof that shows that, and posting links of them moving to a bigger and better operations center that they more than likely got a good deal on for the fact they will pay taxes and give the community some jobs that will also add to the economy...but of course that doesn't sound a conspiratorial as your s but it is the most plausible.

Read the information provided instead of claiming things people did not write jrod.

Actually your title implies that they are going to Brevard county law enforcement...well the only law enforcement agency that is county wide would be the Sheriffs dept, and if you look at the towns in that county you would see that none of them are big enough to be buying nor would they need an Apache helicopter.

USACOPS | Florida | Brevard County

Brevard County Florida
Brevard Co SO
Cocoa PD
Cocoa Beach PD
Indialantic PD
Indian Harbour Beach PD
Melbourne PD
Melbourne Beach PD
Melbourne Village PD
Palm Bay PD
Rockledge PD
Satellite Beach PD
Space Gateway Support Security PD
Titusville PD
West Melbourne PD

www.usacops.com...

Since your such a good researcher start with those and show where one of those cities need or can afford an Apache.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: MrSpad

I mentioned that the DLA does transfers military surplus equipment, they don't always ask to pay the full price tag unless the LEA can afford it, which most often they can't. However the LEA's have to pay for the transportation and shipping costs of whatever equipment is being transferred to them. We do not know for certain how much money they paid for these helos.

As for the helos being just for parts that cannot be the reason why the governor of Florida hired the North American SURVEILLANCE Systems which chose the Titusville’s Space Coast Regional Airport to expand and consolidate its fixed and rotary-wing aircraft modification business.

Some of those helos will not be just used as part. However, it is possible that some of them will be used for parts but not all of them otherwise why have parts at all for the helos?

The Govenor of Florida did not hire them he just annouced they chose put some of their business in Brevard. Just like he annouces Amazon opening up a warehouse or any other company that opens in Flordia. North American SURVEILLANCE Systems already had its operations office in Deland Florida in the next county. And Brevard is a big place for the aviation industry even Northrop just opened a big complex in may (also annouced by the Govrnment.

This is very simply old non wolking choppers being given to supply parts for other old choppers being kept in service. Trying to tie a company that opens 3 years after the junk choppers were delivered holds no logic. One in 2011 and the next 2014. In your theory they have had these things sitting around for 3 years with no servicing waiting for a company to open up.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I would think these are either Blackhawks, Little Birds or old Hueys
A lot of the Avionics packages on the Apaches are still classified since theyre still in service with the military
edit on 8/23/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The title is the name that the first article I posted gave... I wasn't the one to give that title... Now you don't even seem to know the rules of the ATS website to post the actual name of the article being posted in the forums, and not whatever we want to name it...

You can't just rule out the information because of the title someone else gave to the article... Again, read the information provided instead of claiming things I never wrote or did...

Since the beginning it has been you who has been trying to derail the thread every way possible. From claiming that the TWO CIVILIAN helos that were bought for mosquito control were the same EIGTH MILITARY helos when even their value is completely different... You then tried to claim the source of the legal database search engine was not reliable, despite the fact that it comes from a very reliable newspaper...

You don't seem interested at all on the topic, just hell bent on making false claims and trying to disprove the evidence provided any way possible...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

I saw a Cobra gunship 2 weeks ago flying over the beach.

The Thunder Over The Boardwalk, the 2014 Atlantic City Air Show was roughly a week ago, so it might been a part of that

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

The Govenor of Florida did not hire them he just annouced they chose put some of their business in Brevard. Just like he annouces Amazon opening up a warehouse or any other company that opens in Flordia.

On that part, and that part alone are you right. The governor announced it, he did not hire the NASS, the DLA hired the NASS. I made that mistake.

As for your claim that 8 completely newer aircraft are just being used to replace parts on older helos makes no sense at all. You don't disassemble newer helos to replace parts on older ones.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

They need this equipment to control the masses when the economy collapses.
You can't buy things after the money has gone.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Not the DLA site, but the direct link to the DLA database. The disclaimer and warning is at the bottom of their database page.

Really then how does this site get away with doing it?

When I use the search here...

www.freep.com...

It takes me here...

www.freep.com...

Something just don't seem kosher as there is nothing relating the data base to the DLA except for someone saying so.

As for the warning...most sites have one similar and that doesn't prove the 8 Apaches were bought by Brevard county.

And Btw just because a company that upgrades aircraft buys a large place to move into does not prove they are there to do maintenance on Apaches that still have yet to be proven bought.

If you want to, search on google "DLA database" and spell the meaning of the acronym for the DLA... The warning and disclaimer is right at the bottom of the page...

Now exactly which acronym should I use...here's a list.

www.dla.mil...

Feel free to take your time as there is a bunch of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC
My sense of time must be accelerating. It was on 08/14/2014 that I saw it. I wasn't thinking air show, I was thinking the SHTF automatically, lol. My crappy camera was able to get a few blurry images. Over Sandy Hook, N.J.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join