It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help setting my RAM configuration.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Wow. I can't make out what exactly that was all supposed to mean! Had me scratching me head. Are all 4 mem chips the exact same type? Did you run a memtest on them yet just in case you've got a dud in the mix?

Also, realistically, you really wont notice much if any difference with mem speeds except in strict tests, so try not to stress about it too much. I know there is a principal involved to get what you pay for though. But when it comes to memory there is a very fast edge of diminishing returns. So when I build a system for myself or others, generally (not pure bargain basement) a decent brand bottom end chip will do the job and then I spend the extra on a SSD, or better quality mouse/keyboard because it's surprising how the tactile feel contributes to enjoyment.

Mind you, I say all this knowing I also sprang for 2133 high end memory on my last pc, I knew better but they looked so good, and my mobo was supposed to support it....... Did I mention to keep my system stable I'm running it at 1066 or thereabouts.... I was angry, but really don't care now

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Yeah they are all the same memory I bought them as a package unopened. I ran a test on two last night will do the same for the other two when I go to bed.

BTW if CPU-Z reads 1066 you are running at 2133 but it reads at 1066 I read several forums that explaned that. Its 1066 X 2=2133

This is my rig z77 extreme4 // i7-2600k oc 4.8 ghz // F3-2133C11Q-32GAR // 2- 256GB MX100 Crucial SSDs 2-2TB Seagate HDDs // GeForce GTX 550Ti // dual d5 watercooloing with phobia radiators in push pull config//

Price for the 2133s was $349 when I bought them and the 1866 were I think $50 bucks less so I really want my $50 bucks worth.lol

G.Skill finally activated my account a couple hours ago so after I finish the mem test in the morning if all is working properly I will post a thread there.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join