It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Man Shot by St. Louis Police Just Now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Your link.

Responding officers told the man, repeatedly, to stop and drop his knife, Dotson said. He continued to approach, coming within about four feet of one of the officers, Dotson said, adding that both officers then fired their weapons, striking the suspect.

21 foot rule.

A non story.

Non-story will be the mole hill that turns Ferguson into a mountain. At this point, it's not about the facts. It's going to be added to the already fire brewing in the area. Tomorrow, the Moon enters crazy town... what fun!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Cops are not trained to wound they are trained to kill.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A taser was never designed to be a substitute for lethal force.

Tasers mechanically malfunction at times. A malfuction can result in the loss of innocent life.

Tasers do not always make a good connection on a person thus resulting in it not funtioning properly. This again can result in the loss of innocent life.

Pepper spray was not designed as a substitution for lethal foce. I was pepper sprayed directly in the eyes in the academy and I was still able to take down a person, run a distance, grab a baton and strike a bag, run a distance, grab a radio and transmit my name, DOB and social security number backwards without incident.

There have been many cases where an officer tried to subdue a knife wielding attacker with a taser and failed ultimately leading to them being stabbed.

So to those who feel the officer should of tased the attacker let me leave you with these two scenarios.

You are at the mall with your spouse. A man corners you in a store with a knife. The police respond and order him to drop the knife at taser point. He refuses and the cop utlizes his taser with negative results. The attacker who is now pissed sees your spouse and goes after them harming them in the process.

Would you have prefered the officer had used deadly force in that scenario?

Would you blame the officer for not using deadly force?

Or someone threatens you a non police officer with a knife. You do not have time to call the police. He attempts to attack you and you shoot him.

Would that be okay taking into consideration citizens can purchase tasers identical to the ones police officers carry.

Why would it be okay for you to use deadly force in the scenario but not an officer?
edit on 20-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join