It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disputes Over Gaza Conflict Reportedly Mark New Low in US Influence Over Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Things are getting tense between the White House and Israel after there sems to be a loss of respect and goodwill between the two. apparently, US officials voice their insecurities about the trust-worthiness of Netanyahu and his cabinet while Netanyahu and his peers call the Obama Whitehouse "weak and naive."

Weak and Naive? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you........

Disputes over the conduct of Israel's recent offensive in the Gaza Strip have left the Obama administration with little influence over Israeli Prime Minister Bejamin Netanyahu's government and kept the U.S. largely on the sidelines as Egypt attempts to negotiate a long-term truce between the Israelis and Palestinians, according to a published report.

According to The Wall Street Journal, White House officials regard Netanyahu and key members of his security Cabinet as "reckless and untrustworthy." In response, the report claims that Israeli officials regard the Obama administration as "weak and naive," a view best expressed by Netanyahu's reported remark earlier this month that the U.S. should not "ever second guess me again" after an earlier cease-fire quickly collapsed amid a flurry of Hamas rockets

"Never second guess me again.....?" This guy has balls the size of the Sun. Even more telling is the lack of respect for our President. Even worse than that is the strong support for this lack of respect for our President in the Pentagon and Congress; using Military to Military channels according to the article.

I put this in the Conspiracy forum because this smells of conspiracy to me.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

"never second guess me again. I've got nukes"

Ok, I'm not second guessing BB. Loud and clear brother, loud and clear. Better get them to sign the NPT.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
We have never had influence of the Israeli government. They've had influence over us!

In fact, they have had a tight grip on a majority of the world's leaders for quite some time. It wasn't out of pity or the kindness of our hearts that the UN granted them the land in 1948 that started this entire mess.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
We have never had influence of the Israeli government. They've had influence over us!

In fact, they have had a tight grip on a majority of the world's leaders for quite some time. It wasn't out of pity or the kindness of our hearts that the UN granted them the land in 1948 that started this entire mess.

They're supposed to be God's people right? I'm still waiting to see God.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

"never second guess me again. I've got nukes"

Yeah they stole the technology from the US. That's a trustworthy partner.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

They're supposed to be God's people right? I'm still waiting to see God.

I do not get in to the religious aspect on issues like this. Politics and power is what we should be addressing.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

No, this the biggest joke the devil ever played.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yes, there seem to be a dispute. The US will beg for forgiveness and hopefully Bibi finds it in his heart to let it go and turn the other cheek. Oh well, maybe not the cheek part...
Seriously, I doubt this is serious. Israel will get whatever they feel like. They're the chosen one after all.

"They decided to require White House and State Department approval for even routine munitions requests by Israel," the article reads, citing officials. "Instead of being handled as a military-to-military matter, each case is now subject to review—slowing the approval process and signaling to Israel that military assistance once taken for granted is now under closer scrutiny."

"Today, many administration officials say the Gaza conflict—the third between Israel and Hamas in under six years—has persuaded them that Mr. Netanyahu and his national security team are both reckless and untrustworthy," the article reads.

While publicly relations are still civil -- the White House issued a boilerplate statement offering a readout of an overnight phone call between Obama and Netanyahu in which the former gave the standard lines about supporting Israel's security needs -- behind the scenes, things seem to be boiling. A US official characterized the same phone call as "particularly combative."

i24New s
edit on 14-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The U.S. is ultimately the only country that can stop Israel from destroying Gaza, it's good to see cracks appearing in the U.S./Israel relationship. And I wonder if this story has any connection also, I hope so.

If the media spot light goes out on Gaza, Israel will just carry on with their quiet policies of ethnic cleansing and illegal settlements.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It's all an act. The dual-citizen US Zionists will support anything that Israel does. They just say things to ease the public concern. This has been going on for almost 70 years. Dual Israeli citizen and mayor Michael Bloomberg will fly to Israel as many times as it takes to prove that Israel comes first and the US second. We have a government of patsies, cowards and traitors.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I find it ridiculous that our politicians can be "dual citizens". Frankly it should be treasonous. If you are elected to represent this country, you better BE from this country, and be a citizen ONLY of this country. You can't serve two masters. And this government has repeatedly shown who its true master is.

As far as Netanyahu is concerned... the guy is a complete psychopath. Honestly.. without all the rhetoric, how is this man behaving any differently than Hitler?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I have been told by a friend from India that there is something to this but not the way the USA has reported kit so I an in agreement that it does have a percentage of conspiracy to this...
Awesome post, important issue.... Thank you

S&F!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I do not get in to the religious aspect on issues like this. Politics and power is what we should be addressing.

Well in this instance it is difficult to separate the religious aspect, simply because Israel is not a typical government but rather a religious state. Everything they do has some basis in their religion. I think every nation should have separation of church and state, or even do it like the US where God is occasionally acknowledged even in the founding documents of the country, but where religion does not govern the decisions made. Some leaders have made religious claims, but as a whole this is not a religious state by any means.

Hopefully the US will stop sending aid to Israel. Israel is not an American ally. Israel uses America to get what it wants. They spy on America and try to influence her in various ways. This is fact, not some conspiracy theory either. Multiple times in the past Israel has been highly implicated in, or outright caught, in actions such as these. I think there was a discussion the other day regarding the Israeli company who processes the bulk of all US phone records, and how these were getting back to the state of Israel. Because Israel is a religious state, Jews all over the world will help that state over any other. At least that is how I see it. What I mean is that even if they were a US citizen, or especially dual US-Israeli, their allegiance will lie with Israel. So the US should not be too trusting of Israel.

join