It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Lost in Indonesia Tsunami Found Alive 10 Years Later!!

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
While the world burns down all around us, A miracle is taking place in Indonesia....Hearing this news touched me so deeply, I wept along with this mother...I cannot imagine the unbearable pain she has been through nor the indescribable joy...Finally some GOOD NEWS!!

I am sharing, with only one thing in mind, to lift your spirits! Enjoy, friends!

Thanks kindly,

Pax

edit on 8/8/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Wow, as a mother I can only imagine the immense grief and the incredible joy.

Thanks for this

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Level 1 Kleenex Alert, Level 1 Kleenex Alert

If this tells us anything at all, it's that there is always hope, and always a chance for a good outcome for the things & people that matter most in life to us

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: minettejo

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this!! You know her family must have felt like they were seeing a ghost!! Truly, truly and honest to God miracle!!

Pax

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

And vice versa, she undoubtedly thought her parents were dead and so stayed with the elderly woman who raised her.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

And vice versa, she undoubtedly thought her parents were dead and so stayed with the elderly woman who raised her.

She was just 4 years old/

Q "What is your mommy's name"
A "Mommy"

That would have been all you would have got from a traumatized 4 yo.

I just hope this continues to have a happy ending and that she is in fact the daughter.

Short of DNA tests, how would you tell?

P

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Amazing. She is really an incredible survivor.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wonderful story
Even if she isn't their child, she is somebody's and survived!

Miracles do happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
How does this happen in this day and age? You know the parents had to be looking for her and whoever had her (sorry cant watch the video right now) had to know there was a chance her parents survived.

Was there not some place set up for survivors to go and look for loved ones?

Great story though s and f.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
My thought is since the devastation was so catastrophic to Indonesia and the area she was swept away, it was more than likely a huge chunk of time before any type of organization was formally put together to help people locate loved ones. I mean think about it, in a country whose govt. and infrastructure has not been wiped out by some unfathomable disaster, it would be hard enough to locate a missing four year old. Throw in that hundreds of thousands had lost someone and they too were looking for their lost, and you have impossible odds that people will ever be reunited, if and a big if, they survived and decided to stay in that same location to rebuild!!

if an elderly woman raised her, 80 miles away then one could almost assume that this woman probably did not travel much outside of her city...All of these factors working against you and this is nothing less than a miracle!!

I am anxious to find out the details of the reunion...Who found who and why did those events occur...

I believe this one story is enough to give hope to the hopeless. That no matter what our suffering may be, that if we continue to hold out hope for the impossible regardless of the outcome, the hope alone is enough to drive our will to survive.

For each of us, our story may be vastly different but in a lot of ways the same...All any of us need is a little bit of hope....great things have been accomplished by continuing to move forward based on that 4 letter word!

Pax
edit on 8/9/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
without a dna test how can they be so sure. nice story BTW, but they have to find out for sure if this is their kid.
Over a quarter of a million died or went missing.
i'm sure there are lots of parents out there who lost a child would lay claim to the child.

Would i recognise my kid 10 years after he/she went missing....on close inspection maybe, but after 10 years?

i'm sure if he/she walked past me in the street it would just be another child, but like that family, I would never give up hope or searching.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

without a dna test how can they be so sure. nice story BTW, but they have to find out for sure if this is their kid.

Perhaps they simply do not want to.

Being reunited with your child after 10 years, I can see psychology playing a huge role.

Does the Mother and the Daughter really want to be told "Sorry, you are not related" or do you want the fairy tale ending to continue.

Hard to tell what they will do. Right now the Mother is weeping because she found her daughter and the Daughter is hugging mummy, they don't want to spoil it!

Hard one! If they are happy, let them be. Perhaps the obvious or irrational family resemblance is enough for them.

Reading between the lines, it is very possible that the 80yo has died and the 14 yo has nowhere to go and went looking. Hard to tell without further details.

P

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Perhaps they simply do not want to.

Being reunited with your child after 10 years, I can see psychology playing a huge role.

Does the Mother and the Daughter really want to be told "Sorry, you are not related" or do you want the fairy tale ending to continue.

Hard to tell what they will do. Right now the Mother is weeping because she found her daughter and the Daughter is hugging mummy, they don't want to spoil it!

Hard one! If they are happy, let them be. Perhaps the obvious or irrational family resemblance is enough for them.

Reading between the lines, it is very possible that the 80yo has died and the 14 yo has nowhere to go and went looking. Hard to tell without further details.

P

Maybe the Child lost her entire family or Maybe her real parents are out there looking also...it's a hard one, but as you say. if they are happy, let them be, but i'm sure there will be lots of parents out there thinking..she looks like our daughter.

Only a DNA test would clear it up, but if it proves she is not related to the mother then where does the child go.
She could be searching for her real family for years who may or may no longer exist in this world.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I agree about the DNA test......I would want one and then I wouldn't! Maybe they really know down deep that they aren't but the mind is a very powerful thing especially once you attach the level of trauma, the hope and the belief in the miracle factor...

The mother said she is sure the girls is hers...and she would be willing to take a DNA test. But is it really necessary?
To them, they are a family now and I believe it would once again re traumatize them to have their family or their idea that it is their family torn away from them.....

It is also very early in the process and in time I am sure the girl will want to know....The interesting thing is if she had the same quirks or mannerisms as the mother...then we would know for sure...I hope the media and anyone who stands to exploit or profit from this in anyway, leaves them alone....Some things should not be made public. They need time to live a little....

Thank you for all of your comments and replies.....For me this is a beautiful story regardless of the DNA...

Pax

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If this is true then that's a tough little girl. Swept away and deposited 80 miles later? Sounds horrific.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
How does this happen in this day and age? You know the parents had to be looking for her and whoever had her (sorry cant watch the video right now) had to know there was a chance her parents survived.

Was there not some place set up for survivors to go and look for loved ones?

Great story though s and f.

I know, that is what I thought, I would be furious at the woman and thinking of pressing charges! Some would be "grateful" yes, but the reality is, almost anyone else would probably, for the sake of the child, be helping her search for her parents a whole lot more, and not just kept the child's affections for themselves.... if that makes sense.....

new topics

top topics

join