It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OIL SANDS POLLUTION COMMISSION.......The Rise of the Relentlessly Insidious Globalists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
home.mytelus.com...

The Three nation NAFTA commission...has decided they need to investigate pollution in the Alberta oil Sands.....
Canada maintains that they don't have the authority to do so....
This issue is a purely Canadian one....what is NAFTA sticking its nose into our business for....
Ill go out on a limb here, and say its part of the increasingly complex international agreements that bind our governments to the control of such commissions and allow the globalists to have their international government even though it doesn't appear to exist on the surface......
It appears to me that globalisation just may be unstoppable unless we divest ourselves of these stupid ageements which abrogate our sovereignty......the results of this episode will unfold later...but lets watch them play out and see just whos boss....

And in typical Canadian fashion....(I beg your pardon sir, your stepping on my foot eh) Canada wont even vote....whats up with that...
edit on 8-8-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Heres an overview of the concerns.....mapleleafweb.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Isn't Canada a signer and member of NAFTA? I thought they were, so wouldn't they be a part of this commission to begin with? Isn't the health of the environment of global concern? I think it should be, even at the cost of greater profit vs less profit. You can have an environment without an economy but you sure can't have an economy without an environment.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko
Do you think the US is any better....Valdez Alaska, BP Gulf Spill, and counting....
Its Strange the commission didn't investigate that.....however...
The point is national sovereignty is abrogated for international control and its an increasingly complex and not very equal
playing field....
And we keep on making MORE of these agreements like to TPP, EU, etc....
I did mention NAFTA in my OP I hope.....
The problem is obvious....who will end up in control....
Countries are losing their identity and their people losing their votes....
What difference whos in power if some commission of three countries calls the shots....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I happen to live about 25 kilometers from Suncore and Syncrude, the 2 biggest bitumen mining and refining plants. I know alot of people like to say bad things about stuff they dont really have much clue about. Did you know they syncrude has a Reclamation program which they replant all of the trees and recreate the forest areas that were here before, I have lived here for almost 3 years and with more than half the town's population work in these places, well over 40,000 jobs. not to mention people from all over the world who come to work here and send back money to their homes.
They also take care of the animals that used to be in the area such as the Bison. They created Bison ranches, to keep them safe from wandering into unsafe territory. Also the scarecrows and Air cannons that they place all around the Tailings ponds so they birds stay away from the area and avoid getting sick.

Did you also know how many MILLIONS of $$ that syncrude and suncore put back into the community and how much they donate to charitys. You wouldn;t know because most people only read the headlines. i guess the same goes when we talk about Isreal, we are only told what the media wants us to hear.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I happen to live about 25 kilometers from Suncore and Syncrude, the 2 biggest bitumen mining and refining plants. I know alot of people like to say bad things about stuff they dont really have much clue about. Did you know they syncrude has a Reclamation program which they replant all of the trees and recreate the forest areas that were here before, I have lived here for almost 3 years and with more than half the town's population work in these places, well over 40,000 jobs. not to mention people from all over the world who come to work here and send back money to their homes.
They also take care of the animals that used to be in the area such as the Bison. They created Bison ranches, to keep them safe from wandering into unsafe territory. Also the scarecrows and Air cannons that they place all around the Tailings ponds so they birds stay away from the area and avoid getting sick.

Did you also know how many MILLIONS of $$ that syncrude and suncore put back into the community and how much they donate to charitys. You wouldn;t know because most people only read the headlines. i guess the same goes when we talk about Isreal, we are only told what the media wants us to hear.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I wasn't saying the U.S. was better or Canada was bad, just that they were a signer of a group of what... only 3 countries? So NAFTA is barely international in nature. I'm sure they could remove themselves from the group if they wished to do so.

new topics

top topics

join