It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Dreams = Grumpy Morning. The Goat has Awoken.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I just woke up from a bad dream involving an old friend and a misunderstanding. I returned to an absolutely beautiful overcast gray day, and grabbed a cup of coffee...hair in my face, eyes cast downward...still fuming from the transgressions that had occurred in the dream world.

Ugh. Coffee isn't enough. *sigh*
Let's log in and check the social updates and see what ATS has to say.

The first thread I read immediately fouled my mood again.

Won't say which one because I don't wish to pull them or the subject matter into this whole mess.

I don't want to put this negative energy out there through the spoken word, I don't wish to be a Debbie Downer...but if I don't vent it somehow I'm going to explode.

Ideally, I could just walk around town randomly flipping the bird to anything and everything that gets my goat until whatever is inside me has diluted itself to a more stable level.

Usually I would ask forgiveness for allowing myself to feel such negative emotions, but you know what? Today I don't rightly give a flying flip. Today I'm going to just let myself feel and stew and gripe and complain if I feel like it.

Seems fair enough...I usually spend all my time trying to pull others out of a funk, listening to their seemingly endless rants and tales of woe and misgivings, all the while trying to provide some sort of comfort and bright side to help ease their suffering.

So I'll be damned if I'm not going to indulge myself this emotive state, even if it's uncomfortable....everyone else gets to and what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Oh sure, there's always the chance that if I go outside and start flipping off inanimate objects that some busybody will grab their cell phone and call the authorities to report unorthodox behavior because their "widdle feewlings got hurt". Oh, such a frail and dear innocence. If only I had that luxury. I really wish they could continue on with their blissful idyllic lives free from the uncomfortable bane of witnessing beings such as myself.

I don't want to lash out at anyone. I don't want to transfer this anger to another. I just want to be able to flip off a fire hydrant and be done with it without a extra-sensitive or paranoid casual observer giving any more weight to the action than I do. It's just a finger. It's just a fire hydrant. It's not some complex metaphor or grand public statement. It's not an affront to the infrastructure or anything beautiful. It's just dense metal capable of withstanding the wrath of that particular digit....and it doesn't care. It's seen worse things in it's day I'm sure.

Nothing personal meant, nothing personal taken.

*sigh*

Another cup of coffee....and who knows - maybe a cute picture of some impossibly adorable animal making wisecracks will do me well this morn.

Thanks for reading.
Sorry to bother you with such trivial complaints.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Go for it and good luck! Have a nice day!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Cash is all for educational purposes, personal growth and inner health. Fragments and illumination and all that you know.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You can flip me off. I can take it. And if anyone calls the cops... I'll be a witness for your defense.

/salute

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This lifts my spirits.

funny vid of talking animals

Things will always look up, go forth unto nature and breathe in the tranquility. Or go pee on a fire-hydrant.
edit on 8/7/2014 by Skada because: darn video formatting issues

edit on 8/7/2014 by Skada because: vid still not working added link

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the kindnesses. It really means a lot in my lonely little world.
Seriously. Thank you!

I've decided instead of the "full on bird" to go with just "giving things the feather".

I feel a little better now.

a reply to: Skada

Yeah, public urination isn't really ladylike, and definitely grounds for Police Involvement. I'll pass on that option. Thanks for the cute video. That's very sweet of you.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
To reverse a bad start to a morning seek the golden goat.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The Goat has risen, and he's in a better mood.

Thanks, Lys. You rock!

new topics

top topics

join