It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Meteors Hitting Earths Atmosphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
www.spaceweather.com...

Excerpt
"The meteoroid was about 15 inches in diameter and weighed close to 100 lbs," says Bill Cooke of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office. "Travelling 47,000 miles per hour, it broke apart in a brilliant flash of light above the Alabama town of Henagar. Our cameras continued to track a large fragment until it disappeared 18 miles above Gaylesville, located near Lake Weiss close to the Georgia state line. At last sight, the fragment was still traveling at 11,000 miles per hour. Based on the meteor's speed, final altitude, and weak doppler radar signatures, we believe that this fireball produced small meteorites on the ground somewhere between Borden Springs, AL and Lake Weiss."
edit on 5-8-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Aren't we in a meteor shower right now?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Yes, we are in a Meteor Shower

Perseid meteor shower 2014 peaking from August 9-13th.

Does it have anything to do with this meteor shower? Who knows, but it is visible in the North Hemisphere so it could very well be from The Perseids!

edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
- Double post
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was searching for a recent headline, something along the lines of "26 recent atmospheric collisions that could have ended life" but couldn't find it on the phone.

I remember reading that the semi-recent asteroid in Russia would have the impact effect of 20,000 nuclear bombs or something ridiculous.
That was why I chose the particular excerpt which says it was going 11,000 MPH @ 18miles before impact before it fully dissipated. Won't be much longer before the sky is so poisoned & our natural defenses destroyed that one of these babies hits.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
thanks for the heads up ill be watching the skies for the next month now

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I saw a couple of really bright ones tuesday morning around 12.30 uk time

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I seen one slow meteor going north east to south west would of been Friday night 9:15 Australian time.

my girlfriend was like look quick look at this, I was grabbing something in the carport I came out and looked up this thing was slow felt like it lasted 40 seconds.

top topics

join