It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! M.I.T. Researchers can recreate sound from objects in the room

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is pretty cool and takes spying to a whole new level. They actually recreated sound from the vibrations of plants and a bag of chips. They took video of the bag of chips as someone was singing in the room and they recreated the sound from the vibrations of the bag of chips.

MIT researchers have partially reconstructed speech by observing video of a vibrating bag of potato chips. Yes, you read that right: they have discovered how to spy on conversations based on the video recording of objects in the same room. The video explanation is below:

venturebeat.com...

You have to check out the video. There isn't any conversation that can be safe.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
They've been bouncing lasers off windows for a long time to hear conversations inside rooms from a distance. This is why you should always turn up a radio on static really loud and be someplace without windows when talking to someone in person about something very sensitive. Also, don't use loud volume voices, get close and talk quietly into each other's ear. If electronic communications aren't safe, face-to-face is probably the safest....even with technology like that this new technique.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Don't even talk just chat on the internet....that's always been safe. lol....

Maybe we should go back to passing each other notes.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

This is pretty cool stuff.

Gives a whole new meaning to, "if these walls could talk" lol.
edit on 4-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I remember seeing in a museum Soviets could listen a conversation in a room 4 floors away through the electricity wires, you need the cone of silence to keep your secrets...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

There are certain kinds of spectacles which can show the lazer light of which you speak, even if it would not ordinarily be in the visible spectrum, which makes it possible to circumvent such a system. However, the system demonstrated by the MIT people in the video, would not be detectable in the same way, and infact, would be incredibly difficult to detect, if the method were perfected, and the range therefore extended, at which useful data could be gleaned.

The use of a long lens might extend the range of this technique, and at that point, not only would no conversation be totally safe, but even those who would have access to the sort of surviellance operation identification gear that intelligence agency personnel sometimes get outfitted with, would have serious difficulty in knowing for certain, that they were not being recorded, even if they were out in the sticks.

Every blade of grass, every window, every table, cupboard, bag of chips, empty plastic bag, every steaming cup of coffee could be a microphone, a microphone that you cannot baffle. This discovery invalidates every single anti-surveillance countermeasure, that I have ever heard of.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I imagine, an alien species with the tech to take a drop of water, process it's memory through frequencies and receive visual information from any being that had contact with it, and now, from what I've learned, they can turn this visuals into sound. ''In a music shop, far, far away. Humans sings in showers, the worst one yet''

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gaud27

I was thinking about how radical it would be to have optical pickups on my bass guitar!

New ways to spy, but also new ways to ROCK!
The possibilities are astonishing!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm going to be up all night racking my brains for some more uses for this, although what they've done already is very cool. Oh to work at MIT.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hence why you would add audio interference in the form of "white noise" or loud heavy metal music with screeching vocals.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This tech could be used in old "silent" movies, to see what kind of noise or words were actually being said. And in old or new news film, to eavesdrop on historical figures who didn't know that someday their words could be heard again. And remember the threads on ATS which show the old street scenes of San Fransisco? Maybe now we can hear the city itself from the early 20th century.

These ideas would only work if this technique works with film as well as videotape. Nice thread, and an interesting concept.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Optical pickups...New.... LOL...

Optical pickup guitars were first shown at the 1969 NAMM in Chicago

FYI..
Optical pickups work by sensing the interruption of a light beam by a vibrating string. The light source is usually a LED, and the detector is a photodiode or phototransistor. These pickups are completely resistant to magnetic or electric interference and also have a very broad and flat frequency response, unlike magnetic pickups.

lightwave-systems.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

Well, alright then. Did not know that!

However, I guess what I mean then, is that I want pickups that work EXACTLY like the system which produced these results, as shown in the video!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is very interesting.
Lesson learned, no snacks while plotting.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
I started a thread a few years ago about the Russians planting a bug called, "The Thing" in the presidential seal that had similar function. instead of a camera detecting the vibration it was a tunning for like object that the Russians were able to listen to. Great Seal Bug

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
With higher resolution/speed cameras you prob can get perfect sound.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wow more technology that is completely useless to the common man, but very useful for certain people like control freaks......

What am I supposed to do with this? Can I eat it?

Does it cook food or keep it cold? Does it heal? Does it solve a problem? Ah Yes! The problem of listening in on everyone!

I don't think this is such good news, just more tech for their utopia. The future looks friendly, my @ss.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ok, this is scary..

Read this post by ATS member Phinubian:

About 90 percent true, however, there are sciences that are established that have figured out things in the spiritual realm, they have programs that can actually perform conjuring without the human intervention (demicasting), during the age of reason, those who were not in on the occult, quickly and foolishly bought in to the test, if it cannot be explained by common sense or proven by science it does not exist.

We know full well that all science funded by black projects are based on the occult and hidden world that most say does not exist, but it does and they know exactly how to use it aided by artificial intelligence and bio intelligence.

Using plants to eavesdrop
Reading minds through television and cell devices
soul mirroring
e golem animation and robotics

Just a few more to add.

Does this add credibility to these other capabilities?

Soul mirroring? Golem animation? Demicasting?

Ha... it's a brave new world alright.. bring out the golems!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

thats the a phantom if my eye is not being deceitful tonight. possibly a miro but it looks like maybe one of their higher end models. these are the highest resolution high speed cameras in the world... no way to get higher or faster together...

sure you could get faster but the resolution will go down or you could get better resolution but the speed with go down. the phantom bring you the highest combination of both.

its all about data flow. those high speed cameras take 200,000 pictures a second sometimes... at 1080 thats about 12Megapixels per frame at 200,000 frames per second... you see where I'm going... insane amounts of data. the phantoms deal with this massive data flow better then any other cameras on the market.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Cameras that can see around corners without a mirror:

www.thetimes.co.uk...

So we can hear and see now without seeing and hearing.

originally posted by: Alchemst7
a reply to: Indigent
I started a thread a few years ago about the Russians planting a bug called, "The Thing" in the presidential seal that had similar function. instead of a camera detecting the vibration it was a tunning for like object that the Russians were able to listen to. Great Seal Bug

I can't remember if it's the same thing, but this device evaded those scanners which look for "bugs" because it wasn't a "bug". So the person looking for bugs would never suspect an ornament combing through the room with his equipment since it would be looking for electrical components/metals or something.

Always like that story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join