It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel spied on John Kerry during peace effort – report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Israel eavesdropped on the US secretary of state, John Kerry, during doomed peace talks with the Palestinians last year, the German news weekly Der Spiegel reported on Sunday.

The article said the Israelis and at least one other secret service listened in on Kerry’s conversations as he tried to mediate, in a development that Der Spiegel said was likely to further strain ties between Israel and the United States.

Kerry regularly spoke by telephone with high-ranking officials throughout the Middle East during the negotiations that finally collapsed earlier this year.

Not surprising, even after the NSA revelations, but Israel has always and will always spy on its allies.

Transparency will become a reality but not for the average citizen but for their gov'ts....

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Pfft... par for the course.

It has been known for quite some time and been reported that Israel is more aggressive in spying on the US than any other country in the world.

Source: Fox News via youtube.
edit on 3-8-2014 by Terminal1 because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Not surprising at all!
How so you think the israelis got so much high tech, they stole it.
The US needs to cut all ties with these criminals.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Not surprising at all!

I use here the important part of your post which makes an obtuse point. Yes, hardly surprising. So why do we hear this "news?" Because it is a typical psi-ops move. Some agency leaked it to throw Israel into even further disfavor with the US/world. You could claim that the NSA did it to show that others do such deeds as they. Overall, it does nothing more than make us more disgusted with the whole damned business of electronic spying...and dishonest governments.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious that Israel and the Obama Administration have Trust Issues.

I'm not surprised that Israel would want to hear what Kerry was promising to Hamas...... he is a buffoon.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.theguardian.com...

The article said the Israelis and at least one other secret service listened in on Kerry’s conversations as he tried to mediate,

Wonder who else was listening in???????? hmm?
edit on 3-8-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Putin was a reply to: pavil

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
is there a country out there that isnt spying on another country?

Just my observation but it seems the hypersensitivity to the activities between Israel and Palestine has sensationalized this......

I dont know of a single country out there who wouldnt have something or someone listening in on any negotiation that involves them........just saying

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Just my observation but it seems the hypersensitivity to the activities between Israel and Palestine has sensationalized this......

I dont know of a single country out there who wouldnt have something or someone listening in on any negotiation that involves them........just saying

Would your reaction be the same if lets say Iran or Russia or even the Palestinians themselves was spying on private meetings of your country ? I am guessing you would be outraged. But when Israel does it to your country they get a pass, why?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If no western MSM outlets are running the story how can it be sensationalized? The only major outlet I've found was Yahoo.

This isn't the first time Israel has spied on an ally nor will it be the last.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
I agree that everyone does it.
Would this make it ok for your next door neighbor to stand outside your bedroom window to get a look at your wife?
I would certainly do something beat the neighbor, or build a better fence, or get thicker curtains or something!
But for israel it seems we have cut a gate, installed CCTV, set a chair for comfort too!
You can love israel all you want, but I choose the US first and only.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Would your reaction be the same if lets say Iran or Russia or even the Palestinians themselves was spying on private meetings of your country ? I am guessing you would be outraged. But when Israel does it to your country they get a pass, why?

Im actually quite sure they are, infact we have have a few cases in the last few years with people spying on us.......

Just saying

My point is people are mud flinging and outraged by this, yet when it comes out that other countries are doing it people pass it off or in this case as so many here have demostrated........

Totally forget that other people have spied on us.........

Where was the "Evil" comments then?
edit on 8/3/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

lol All I can say after wikileaks is AWESOME!

Kerry being spied on by anyone is totally fantastic, IMO

top topics

join