It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIH To Launch Early Ebola Vaccine Trial in September!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This is very very disturbing to me! I am exhausted its 4am here but chew on this and lets not panic but use common sense to make the most out of this surreal nightmare that could be unfolding!!

Here is the article along with the video! I don't care about conspiracy at the moment, it doesn't matter we need to do some thorough research and not the "what if's"!!

The USA will launch an early-stage trial in September of an experimental vaccine against Ebola, the deadly viral disease that has killed 729 people in the largest outbreak in history.

The National Institutes of Health has been developing an Ebola vaccine for several years that has had "encouraging results" in primates, says Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Fauci said he's working with the Food and Drug Administration to fast track the vaccine into a phase 1 clinical trial this fall. This type of trial is the earliest study in humans and aims to make sure that drugs are safe and show some efficacy.

Results from the study should be available by January, Fauci said. If the vaccine proves safe and effective, Fauci said he expects that it could be given to health workers in affected African countries sometime in 2015.

article continues!! USATODAY

Thanks pax...
edit on 8/2/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
And now you know why this "outbreak" is getting as much news and views as it can.

Money money money by the pound.

Not saying the disease isn't horrifying. It is. But there's a reason it's getting the attention it is right now. People are starting to become terrified.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Jomina

well... never let a good crisis go to waste
edit on 2-8-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yes. It was disturbing to me when I posted it in the other thread we were in as well.

And if you continue doing the research you will find that a potential cure has existed for over 20 years. The problem has been, not enough infected people to test it on.

Hmm, so let's continue this extrapolation, shall we? How do we get enough infected people? If you had read more in that thread you might have seen the little thing about biowar researchers being in Africa for this event.

You cannot remove the conspiracy element from anything, not given the track record the governments and corporations have, and particularly not here. All it would take from them to make a good buck is to allow it to decimate half the country before releasing the miracle vaccine/cure.

And odd timing that Congress is in recess and probably travelling out of the country now too.

Now go back to the other thread and poopoo over peoples' concerns about bringing the contagion into their backyards some more. Have fun

edit on 8/2/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Okay have been waiting for some new info regarding the vaccine and here it is....

The FDA said it is working with other government agencies to speed up the development of potential Ebola TREATMENTS.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of ALLERGY and Infectious Diseases, said he would like to see potential Ebola vaccines get fast-tracked by the FDA.

"There are a few vaccines in the pipeline," he said.

I would hope that we have something by the end of 2015. Even fast-tracking it, it might take that long.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, on timetable for Ebola vaccine
Vaccines work by exposing the body to foreign microbes or substances that simulate an attack on the body, and essentially train the IMMUNE SYSTEM to defend itself against a real, future invader such as the Ebola virus.

For a vaccine to work properly, it must be administered prior to infection and given time to work.

All Well and good but here is where I have a problem!!!!

Phase 1 Clinical trials:are expected to begin in late September and run until January, Fauci said. During that time, researchers will GIVE THE VACCINE TO HUMANS WHETHER IT IS SAFE , and whether it prompts a protective response. In this case, a protective response would be the production of special antibodies that prevent the Ebola virus from attaching to and entering the body's cells.

Unlike animal tests, where monkeys are actually infected with Ebola to determine the drug's effectiveness, HUMAN test subjects will not be infected with the disease.

Good Lord, where do they plan to get the humans to trial this on??? Prisons? The mentally challenged? People with severe psychiatric illness? or just plain people whom the Govt. deems expendable!

Pax

www.latimes.com...

top topics

join