It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: The Fact That Over 58,000 Vets Are Homeless Should 'Horrify' Us

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Really..really Michelle first off get your numbers straight according to other sources it is 3 times that many..source.www.nationalhomeless.org...

Hers is an answer stop spending money on illegals and support the homeless sick and poor of America. I bet the numbers of vets are even higher because a lot of them know how to not be found and counted. It makes me so mad every article i read is about all the shelters and services for ILLEGAL trespassers to this country buildings being renovated ect .Here is one..
houston.cbslocal.com...

Because hair care is so important 4 the illegals smh....
Oh by the way you were not elected or any presidents wife was they need to stay out of the lime light and decisions if you ask me..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The illegal "children" is what I show compassion to. It's all about the children!

Merika!

I'm off to kick my neighbors cat...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

She has a point, numbers or not.

Perhaps you should start asking yourself why non citizens have more rights than you do.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

My reply was sarcasm.

I'd rather see our own people get help before a bunch of illegals.

Can't have that though, can we? Gotta focus on them illegal "children"... Piss on our own, save the illegals!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Especially considering her husband's administration is complicit in dropping the ball for VA hospitals. Maybe she should woop her husband's ass into gear to overhaul the VA system instead of talking to us about it. She's the one with the President's ear, we (the people) certainly don't have it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Now she pretends to care?

Whatever. I've no respect for liars.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

I personally think this high vet homeless number is a bunch of nonsense. Its part of the larger psyop to spread this info around.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This thread is living proof that no matter what the Obama's say, some jerks have to put a negative spin on it. Good lord folks, do you have no class?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Same thing happened to Bush. Its just tit for tat body slamming. Hay at least Obama has stopped blaming Bush.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I will be that jerk just pointing out liars and thief's whoever they may be. Drink that government koolaid i hear the fluoride in is is good for you...Its fake compassion because people have been bring up the homeless vet issue a lot lately its called deflection...enjoy the next round of koolaid on me..
edit on 1-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
We are horrified.

So why are illegals getting first rate accommodations at high expense to the taxpayers while our vets get fancy speeches to highlight a problem nothing has or will reasonably be done to fix?

Of all the people to raise this point and of all the times to do it, being tone deaf must be a point of pride there.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Lmao you talk about class in the same breath as calling me a jerk look in the mirror sweetheart.....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

When it comes to the obamas talk is cheap.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
somewhere in there I suspect there may be a freudian slip?

How many perished due to the gulf of tonkin false flag?

58000 dead

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
She is absolutely right about the vets, but what about the rest of the homeless? Feels like playing for votes to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This women is very smart, on so many tough issues she wasent affraid to tell it has it is.

Too bad faux news and there fans cant see past there own nose.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Obama and his administration are incapable of getting one marine out of a Mexican prison. They are incapable of even acknowledging the situation.

That leads me to believe they are absolutely incapable of doing anything about veterans who need help, regardless of the numbers. Let alone actually caring about any of them. This is nothing but a PR stunt.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

What makes her so smart?

She is a disgrace to the American people she is only proud of being an American when it benifits her personally.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Big deal..she understates the obvious, any plan of action from her? or not quite horrified enough.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Maybe she should woop her husband's ass into gear to overhaul the VA system instead of talking to us about it.

Maybe with an executive order? It's funny how people want Obama to take large, sweeping actions on his own when it's something they agree with, but if he writes an EO for something they don't like, they are ready to scream "impeachment"!

Michelle's right. The fact that there are so many homeless vets HORRIFIES me.

a reply to: vonclod

Mrs. Obama announced at the annual National Conference on Ending Homelessness that, within the last few weeks, nearly 100 local leaders had pledged to end homelessness by the end of 2015. More than 182 communities around the country have joined the Mayors Challenge to End Veterans Homelessness, including major metropolitan area Los Angeles, Dallas and Miami.

“If your mayor isn’t signed up yet for the mayor’s challenge then light up their phone until they get on board,” she said. “And if you have any questions on whether or not we can get this done I want you to look at the success stories of many of the organizations of communities represented in this room today.”

Sourc e
edit on 8/1/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join