It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00
With no air!

(post by ozwest removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Actually, the bleeding, the hemorrhagic fever, is stage two of the disease, which neither the doctor nor the aid worker have reached yet.

They are both, gratefully, still in stage one of the disease, which symptoms resemble a serious case of the flu. Which may result in a visit to a Minit Clinic, or other small clinic, for treatment. Perhaps just a corner drugstore, for some home treatment.

It can take several days to reach hemorrhagic stage, as we are all on wait to see if the good doctor and his aid worker assistant have the immune system to handle. Some survive, and the doctor has received a transfusion of blood from an 11 year old survivor. Hopefully, he got some antibodies, and is a living serum carrier. Hence, why he may be beneficial to have been brought to the CDC. He may be a living cure from which an antiviral or treatment may be derived.

It doesn't mean anyone has to be happy about it.

edit on 2-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
a reply to: TotalProtonicReversal

Actually, he is in stage one of the disease, and able to walk, though he is weak. He is able to still feed, dress, and care for himself. I think this is why he gave the single vial of serum to the other patient, the lady that will be arriving Monday. She is much further along, although still in stage one as of the last report, she is much more ill. Last reports had her gravely ill, then she improved somewhat to serious.

OK I missed that part of the info, last I had heard they were both in "serious but grave" condition, but I suppose that's a consequence of the lack of information that has been swirling around this whole ordeal in the MSM, and in the alt media the information is posted so quickly that its hard to keep up.

link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

originally posted by: 00nunya00

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: ~Lucidity

doesnt seem to have been a tent at all. Smoke.

cause it was in the airplane,,,

wow.

Smoke,,yup.

So they took him out of a biohazard containment tent after he got out of the airplane, and had him get into a HazMat suit, with no level-4 facility to do it in? Greeeeaaat.

orrrrrr

he walked into the TENT WITH his HazMat suit, already on,,,u know as a double triple double,,,lair.like an onion.

I really hope you're right. That would be the optimal scenario, but assuming that's what happened is based on zero evidence. I don't know what the benefit of that would be, if the HazMat suit is good enough. Kind of either says there was no tent, or the HazMat suit *isn't* always good enough. Even so, why risk letting him out of the tent in an uncontained area when the ambulance is capable of holding the tent? Why risk it?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Thank you so much for posting that.....I was about to post the same article.

Pax

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

originally posted by: ozwest

Vigilance? People in poorer countries do the best they can. I know this. Don't sit on your high horse and put others on your imaginary middle class bar. America is a slum compared to other countries. Go see.

Again, you totally miss the point. Poor people in other countries are saints, awesome, fine, but that doesn't mean they don't spread disease. In fact, Africans are some of the most kind, generous and compassionate people in the world. And where does ebola live? Exactly.

Your arguments are getting more and more desperate, ad hominem and off-topic. Again, kindness does not equal sanitation. If it did, Africa would be the most sanitary place in the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
this part,,,

Why risk it?

Medical Advances Timeline

1842 American surgeon Crawford W. Long uses ether as a general anesthetic during surgery but does not publish his results. Credit goes to dentist William Morton.

Read more: Medical Advances Timeline | Infoplease.com www.infoplease.com...

overdue for a home run maybe?
edit on 8/2/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

LibertyGal, where are you getting your information on Ebola and filovirus'?

I am not meaning to seem insulting i am just curious? The doctor had been gravely ill and in critical condition for days...
he did recive a unit of blood from a patient he had treated and recovered from Ebola...And you just gave me me an idea!!

This very well may be the cure we need! The reason the doctor was able to walk in and may be showing signs of improvement is because his body has started to produce antigens to the virus because of the transfusion he received!

So the cure could very well lay with the infected blood in getting our system to produce antigens to kill off the virus..
but the real question is must one already be infected with the disease in order for this to work....or will they use a live virus in making a vaccine to prevent this....In other words inject the a tiny part of ebola in us in order to start creating the antigens to prevent it.....

But who is willing to take THAT vaccine???

Pax

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
my heart sank when i saw how UK is gonna handle things..

http://w ww.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714272/UKs-two-bed-ebola-unit-MP-calls-fever-scans-UK-airports-just-one-isolation-facility.html

"Britain has just two ‘ebola-proof’ hospital beds, The Mail on Sunday has learnt.
Official guidance states that patients with the highly infectious disease – which has no vaccine, no cure and kills up to 90 per cent of victims – should be treated in specially built units that are biologically secure.
Yet there is only one operational High Secure Infectious Diseases Unit (HSIDU) in the UK, at the Royal Free Hospital in London. It has two beds. A second, at the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle, is ‘being redeveloped’ according to NHS England.
Should Britain have more than two ebola patients at any one time, they will have to be treated in less secure hospital side rooms.
Dr Stephen Mepham, an infectious diseases consultant at the Royal Free, said there would be ‘no other option’ but to treat ebola patients in standard isolation rooms.
He said: ‘We think it is highly unlikely, but if we had more than two patients we would have to treat them in our normal isolation facilities. They are not to the same standard but we are confident we could prevent spread.’
The HSIDU, he said, had an array of equipment to ensure a patient did not pass on the killer virus, including air-lock doors and ‘negative pressure’ air flow to make sure nothing escapes from the unit.
The patient is kept in a sealed plastic tent, with arm mouldings so doctors and nurses can treat them without any physical contact. The tent is burnt after use in dedicated incinerators.
Guidance issued by the Department of Health and the Health and Safety Executive in 2012 states that patients with confirmed viral haemorrhagic fever – of which ebola is the most deadly type – ‘should be managed in an HSIDU’ to ‘eliminate or minimise the risk of transmission to health care workers’. "
"A spokesman for NHS England said: ‘There are currently no known cases of ebola in the UK, but we are confident that we have robust arrangements in place should that situation change."

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Your ATTENTION, Please ...

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

Let's GET BACK TO THAT!

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Just posting this to document some conversation above.

Ebola-Stricken Doc Gives 'Experimental Serum' to Coworker

An "experimental serum" to treat the virus arrived for the two infected Americans, but there was only enough for one person, according to Samaritan’s Purse.

Dr. Kent Brantly, who noticed his Ebola symptoms and quarantined himself last week, offered the dose to the other infected American, missionary Nancy Writebol.

Both Brantly and Writebol remain in “stable, but grave condition” according to the statement.

“However, Dr. Brantly received a unit of blood from a 14-year-old boy who had survived Ebola because of Dr. Brantly’s care,” Franklin Graham, president of Samaritan’s Purse, said in a statement. "The young boy and his family wanted to be able to help the doctor that saved his life.”

Only available dose. Interesting. Also interesting in the video are the TSA screening procedures.

More about the "experimental" serum.

The medical charity Samaritan's Purse hasn't spelled out the source or the nature of the serum available to its workers.

Treating Ebola With An Experimental Serum: Why It Might Helpp

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical

originally posted by: paxnatus

In order to work worth a patient who has Ebola the staff who have direct contact with the patient as in hands on,
must wear a positive pressure hazmat suit...These are the suits that pump oxygen into you so you are not breathing the air.

Like those Hazmat suits protected them and now they have Ebola.

NO THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM THAT IS THE POINT and i should have emphasized that i assumed people would know that if they did not have gloves they did not have thousand dollar suits lying around ......

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I think the key is that the blood he received had no active virus in it, but did have the antigens. If we can figure out a way to vaccinate with antigens and not just the dead virus or a small amount of it, then we can treat it or vaccinate against it. I'm not sure that it's safe to introduce even one single virus cell of this, because it's so powerful against the immune system, but if we can introduce the antigens, then when the virus hits our bodies already know how to fight it.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical

In order to work worth a patient who has Ebola the staff who have direct contact with the patient as in hands on,
must wear a positive pressure hazmat suit...These are the suits that pump oxygen into you so you are not breathing the air.

Like those Hazmat suits protected them and now they have Ebola.

NO THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM THAT IS THE POINT and i should have emphasized that i assumed people would know that if they did not have gloves they did not have thousand dollar suits lying around ......

But this doctor DID have the suits, and was meticulous about following decontamination protocol. Not *all* health workers have had the suits, but this guy DID. And used it to its full safety potential. And still got it. And so did his assistant. The chances of TWO HazMat suited first-world health care workers contracting this? Pretty slim. Especially since they have no idea how they got it (meaning, they never accidentally stuck themselves with needles or ate lunch without fully decontaminating themselves).

edit on 2-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join