It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Yowie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So this thread isn't to show the latest video or whatever but to talk about Yowies and personal stories about Yowies.

This is my story

I never believed in Yowies until i was about 12. My Dad was a trucker, doing interstate trips from Melbourne to Moree (NSW) i used to go with him on alternating trips with my sister. The Yowie, for us, was a joke (but for other truckers, it was way to real) when going through "the Pilligas" (a forest know locally for Yowies "The Pilliga Princess", a woman who inhabited the Pilliga Forest. Since her passing her ghost has apparently been spotted on the side of the road.) My dad and I used to joke around over the radio with one of my Dad's "convoy" mates, called Grizz, (because he snored like a grizzly Bear) kid about the Yowies coming to steal him if they stopped there.

This one trip, whilst driving through the Pilligas at around 3 am, a couple of Grizz's tyres blew on his A trailer of his B-Double (you may know this as a B Train) and he told us to go on and he would catch us at Moree. So we take off down the road and arrived at Moree around 5am. At around 7:30am I wake up upon hearing a truck hurl into the motel car park and Grizz starts trying to break the motel room door down. As i open the door Grizz and his son rush into the room and bowl me over, they are hysterical about something and start rambling together about Yowies and stuff. (now Grizz is a big, tough guy. 6 foot 2 and built like a tank. He is hard to scare, we have tried) My dad and I manage to calm them down and by get them to tell their story to us. They said that when Grizz was looking at the trailer when a rock thumped next to his head. He ran to the truck as rocks rained down onto him and once he was inside he found his son crying. As he was comforting his son a big "thing" about 7 feet tall walked into the road in front of the truck, stood there for a while, and then threw a rock at the windshield. So they try to scare "them" away from attacking the truck. Turn all the lights on and off and blast the horn, it does nothing. So they into the back of the cab where the beds are to wait it out. After about 10 minutes all the banging stopped and they took off, burst tyres and all.

My Dad and I are sitting there trying to make sense of it all and we think "maybe it is a joke, to try and scare us, as mates do" but they say "NO" and drag us out of the room to show us the truck The bloody thing looks like it was in a rollover. Windows all shattered and rocks had actually pierced both his trailers. Now we were shook as well and actually gave serious though about making a detour around the Pilligas but decide against it and to just drive pretty much bumper to bumper and always be on the radio.

So night time comes, we have got our trucks from Brisbane and leave. We get to the Pilligas, it is pitch black. after about 30 mins our truck starts to cough and sputter and then stops dead. We stay inside and over the radio decide to tow our truck with theirs. Just as we are about to get out to strap the truck to the trailer i see lots pairs of yellowish-red eyes 7 feet off the ground in the trees. I start crying (i was 12 remember) and tell dad who radios them. So we are all sitting in our trucks looking at these eyes and say we need to get out of here. We decide we only need a minute or two to hitch the truck and we need to buy that time. so we come up with a plan that is to use all our torches (or flashlights) and light up the eyes. Right there, less than 50 meters away from me were countless tall and hairy "things". They scatter and dad and Grizz get to work, me and Grizz's kid stay in the trucks for safety. They finish, get in the trucks and we take off. We stop in Coonabarabran get the truck fixed (it was only a couple of hoses that disconected) and leave.

I never went with dad again and he left that company for a more local gig in about a month. I apologies for any mistakes, it is 3 AM here and get chills even thinking about this.

If you have any questions please ask away

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There is something not to deep down that wants me to believe you - off to search

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nice thread. There are some interesting threads on the Yowie that has caused me many sleepless nights.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Idiosonic

Just a question. Did you smell any odours when these beasts made themselves known? I have heard stories that people smell a bad odour when these critters are nearby.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It is a nice thread and now I had a look im alittle bit hooked, I have an Australian friend who's brains I may well pick.
Thanks for sharing

Have you had any such experiences since then?

CD

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I stayed in my dads truck the whole time with the windows up so if there was a smell i didn't smell it and neither my dad or his mate mentioned a smell, i could ask my dad if he smelt anything. But that would be after his work, so like 5 PM and it is 4:40 AM right now

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: countingdown

No, no such experiences since then, it was 2008.

BUT, my friend and I are strongly considering going on a camping trip specifically to encounter, and hopefully record, Yowies.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I've come to the conclusion they are inter-dimensional. I've only seen small ones 2-3 feet tall, but you never forget the red eyes.

The smell I remember to be like rotting sheep in a swamp. I feel sick thinking about the smell.

I don't recommend you go looking for them, there are many spirits of the land that don't want to be disturbed.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Sorry didnt see your reply
Wow, I hope you go and get some evidence even a shared encounter would be awesome

Please come back and share no matter what

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
many strange things happen in pilliga scrub , local tribes have bon fires around their camps to keep these hairy men at bay locals will tell you that there are two types small ones that can be very dangerous and big ones that they are just plain terrified of , when u say pillaga is it through the actual town or off the beaten track between pilliga and coonabarabran , as that road is creepy as hell there are spots were no one are aloud not even the indigenous people there are the devil pools and I personally know of three brothers going in and only one coming out and when they found him he was that shaken that he couldn't speak nor communicate with what had actually happened , when I was a boy the same age of your experience my father and ex military friends took me on my first hunting trips between pilliga and come by chance . as igot older to the age of 23 we went hunting there on the namoi river were there is a crossing , sometimes during the nights away we would here blood curdling screams and howls I was told by the older blokes in the group that when the spot light comes across yellow eyes put a bullet straight between the eyes as it was either a fox, wild dog or what you witnessed I believe you as I haven't seen one there,but I have seen them in other places on the east coast mainly the small ones

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Lols. I dont think it was a yowie. More like a drunken Aboriginal ;-p

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
found this strait away sightings there go way back look up pillaga on the net www.yowiehunters.com.au...:pilliga-new-south-wales-1979&catid=69:new-south-wales im new at dragging files e.c.t and as for the person who said they are probably drunken aboriganals watch what you write as I have learnt more about nature and the bush and its surroundings from these people but I guess some people are just narrow minded as it is only a minority as it is with all race creed or colors , since I have moved to the bush from Sydney 6 years ago not one white fella has taught me more about the bush then the indigenous people , and by the way you say probably drunks aboriginal how bout you come were I live and let these drunk aboriganals take you near the sacred grounds and lets see how long you last in the night. there are places on this continent that no foot has touched nor seen and some times its the way life is ment to be darage from Brisbane come and visit bundjalung national park only five hours from were you are and I my self will take you to some spots and see how long you last before taunting the hairy man and by the way they watch every move you make they either like,tolerate you or they will hurl them selfs straight at ya restrained rage jester fighter.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
When Destination Truth went down to aussie land to look for the Yowie, I think they had an interesting encounter.

Most cryptid hunts take time for the smallest of interactions, but the Yowie, IMHO, is something real and tangible.

DT with josh gates went into a deep valley that required equipment to taverse, once down in the valley, they had interesting encounters such as rocks being thrown at them.
Once he Flir was running, they had two objects on the thermal, what looked like an adult and young one. They did'nt expand on that issue, but it was obvious they had something significant there, whatever it was that was on that thermal was watching them and the rocks being thrown at them were was a deterrent to get them to leave.
Had DT an josh gates unknowingly stumbled onto a site where they live? perhaps there territory? I strongly think so.

I believe the Yowie to be absolutely real and perhaps one of the main cryptids in the southern pacific sea to be discovered soon enough, same with the cryptid in florida.

Australia is laden with undiscovered lands who knows what we will find in those deep valley gorges???

we just need a crazy guy to walk through those dangerous lands to find them..
its a dark valley, dangerous and scary, not for the timid, but its rewards are insatiable and gross, beyond anything short of great discoveries.

Come on ATS, lets take a walk down a real rabbit hole.......
edit on 9-8-2014 by Arnie123 because: add info

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"Come on ATS, lets take a walk down a real rabbit hole......."

HHmmmm now there's a thought !
Here's another........ Your bat # crazy !!

I of course mean that in the nicest possible way friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: countingdown

We have a date set. leaving Thursday the 28th of August, returning on Tues 2nd of September

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: normipoo

It was on the Newell highway north of Coonabarabran in the state forest/nature reserve (whatever it is)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I remember that episode, they got some pretty good thermal shots, ambiguous, but still very good

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Has anyone took a clear photo of a yowie?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

I do not believe any HD crystal clear quality photographs have been made public, why?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Just curious that's all, I'd never even heard of a yowie until I joined ATS, a few people on here believe they are real though so was wondering if there was any photos of them, they sound terrifying if they are real and im sure getting your camera out to take a pic when something is throwing rocks at you is the last thing on your mind

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join