It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine claims rebels planted mines near MH17 site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Pro Russian forces have laid mines and set up gun positions long a stretch of road leading to the the crash site. They claim that its impossible to get investigators to the site now.

It makes me wonder what they are really hiding there. Evidence that Russian insurgents shot down the plane? Are they protecting something that was on board?

Donetsk, Ukraine (CNN) -- International investigators' quest to carry out their duties at the crash site of the downed Malaysian airliner hit another roadblock Wednesday, as Ukrainian officials warned of possible land mines near the site. Ukraine's National Security and Defense Council claims that "terrorists" -- the term it uses to describe rebels -- have set up firing positions and laid mines on the access road to the crash site of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.

CNN

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Could they be trying to protect evidence that Ukraine is framing them for the attack on the plane?

As claimed by a Ukrainian in a youtube video in this thread.

Thread

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Of course non of this crap means a damn thing to 250 odd people now.......

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

That the Ukrainian forces are so desperately seeking the crash site, already means they framed the rebels ...

That's the obvious part.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Of course non of this crap means a damn thing to 250 odd people now.......

Umm, i am sure it means a lot to their family's. Answers, closure......JUSTICE?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I keep seeing the words "claim" and "possible"
How about if the Ukraine government finds out for sure first before speculating.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Maybe i missed it, was there a consensus? The only obvious thing to me is the speculation.

I do believe they did it, but ill wait to make that claim when there is irrefutable evidence.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

That is the million dollar question isn't it.

I mean you can hide mines easily enough, but what about the gun positions along the road?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

That the Ukrainian forces are so desperately seeking the crash site, already means they framed the rebels ...

Well then if the separatists didn't do it why are they trying so hard to keep investigators away from the crash site?

Wouldn't it be in their best interest to let the investigation to happen, unless they are hiding something...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

This was already a heavily disputed area with a lot of fighting before the plane went down. Don't see why it should be any different now.This is in direct line of Kiev's big push to divide pro Russian resistance forces.

AFAIK they can use all the alleged mines they wish. They just need to watch out for Colin Powell showing up at the UN claiming the separatists now have WMD's.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I knew the flight was over a conflict zone but i didn't realize that it crashed on the front lines.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

maybe maybe not
none of us have enough information to know for sure
they could be guarding it to prevent a legitimate inspection
they could be guarding it to keep evidence in tact and prevent tampering from a less than legitimate inspection

who knows what happened but if they keep doing what theyre doing they at least maintain uncertainty which could a much smarter move than taking an inspection if they did it or gambling on any investigation being legitimate and objective (which seems unlikely considering the stakes) if they didnt
either way its likely they will take the blame at least this way everything just remains a maybe

eitherway arseholes everywhere
edit on 30-7-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

First thing I thought of was Kiev was trying to keep people out of the crash site. They have kept up the shelling after knowing that people were trying to get to the crash site to investigate. Why would you not do an immediate cease fire knowing an international group were trying to get there? And Kiev has been really good at throwing out all kinds of accusations since this whole thing started. I personally feel that the sitting government of Kiev DOES NOT want anyone to investigate this,as they think that people will then know that they shot it down to escalate this war and point the finger at others making them look bad. Personally I believe it very well could have been an accident as well by the Pro-Russians, but Kiev wants the world to think badly of them and this could be a good way to do it. So take your pick.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Because clearly they are innocent and want to prove it!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

First thing I thought of was Kiev was trying to keep people out of the crash site. They have kept up the shelling after knowing that people were trying to get to the crash site to investigate. Why would you not do an immediate cease fire knowing an international group were trying to get there? And Kiev has been really good at throwing out all kinds of accusations since this whole thing started. I personally feel that the sitting government of Kiev DOES NOT want anyone to investigate this,as they think that people will then know that they shot it down to escalate this war and point the finger at others making them look bad. Personally I believe it very well could have been an accident as well by the Pro-Russians, but Kiev wants the world to think badly of them and this could be a good way to do it. So take your pick.

Except we have actual investigators there that are neutral and supported by Russia .. and they claim it's the Rebels who keep destroying evidence and refusing access. [snipped]
edit on 1-8-2014 by Kandinsky because: Snipped ill-mannered comment

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

That's the obvious part.

Haha nice. So Ukraine doesn't want the site examined .. proof they did it. Ukraine tries get it examined .. proof they did it. Awesome.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Give me a break. Kiev shot the plane down. More unsubstantiated claims. Next please? "Alleged, claim, etc." Where have I seen this before? You sure it is not from "US officials?" Lmao

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So your whole post is a complete lie.
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I understand if others don't agree with me,and I'm fine with that. But to claim I'm lying is to claim I was quoting facts,which I was not. I gave my opinion only on it,which I am entitled to. If you reread my post you will see where I say, I thought, I personally feel, and Personally I believe. no where in there am I quoting anything as a fact. It was an opinion piece by me and me only.

I read all different news sources around the 'net and formulate my opinions on the sources I'm reading. I look at who has the most to gain from something,not just what they say. I try and 'follow the money' as far as I can take it. I stand by my opinion even if you don't agree with it. But please do not claim I am lying simply because you disagree with me. You are as entitled to your opinion as I am,yet I would not call you a liar nor claim you were lying because I disagree with you. And as you said,these experts are claiming its the Pro-Russians and our government says it looks like it was an accident. Which I said that personally I agree that was probably it. I'm simply saying that I think Kiev is using it as propaganda to further their own side. And there is no lie that Kiev is still shelling there and just today decided to back off and let the investigators in.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Of course it was an accident. That doesn't shift blame. Kiev is not the one hindering access, rebels are. A nationwide ceasefire is not needed to investigate one small area, logical fallacy.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink

maybe maybe not
none of us have enough information to know for sure
they could be guarding it to prevent a legitimate inspection
they could be guarding it to keep evidence in tact and prevent tampering from a less than legitimate inspection

Except we have inspectors on the ground that have been stopped from getting to the site because the separatists will not allow them and that we know to be true for sure.

Legitimate inspection...What do you think the world and especially the Dutch are trying to do, as the Dutch don't have any involvement in Ukraine as they are neutral.

Here in case you missed these...

Not exactly how you preserve evidence if your wanting a legit investigation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join