It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby paves way for Satanic Abortions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The Satanic Temple want their own Religious Exemption.

And they seem to be citing a belief in a thing called "Science" .

The Satanic Temple Leverages Hobby Lobby Ruling to Claim Exemption From State Mandated Pro-Life Materials as First Initiative in Ambitious Women’s Health Campaign

Informed consent bills requiring abortion providers to give their patients official “informational” material regarding the procedure have been criticized in the past for providing biased and false information to women in a bald effort at dissuading them from abortions. Such materials have included claims of a link between abortion and breast cancer, as well as claims regarding a depressive “post-abortion syndrome,” both of which The Satanic Temple view as “scientifically unfounded” and “medically invalid” and therefore an affront to their religious beliefs.

“While we feel we have a strong case for an exemption regardless of the Hobby Lobby ruling, the Supreme Court has decided that religious beliefs are so sacrosanct that they can even trump scientific fact. This was made clear when they allowed Hobby Lobby to claim certain contraceptives were abortifacients, when in fact they are not. Because of the respect the Court has given to religious beliefs, and the fact that our our beliefs are based on best available knowledge, we expect that our belief in the illegitimacy of state mandated ‘informational’ material is enough to exempt us, and those who hold our beliefs, from having to receive them.”

Satanists Leverage Hobby Lobby Ruling In Support of Pro-Choice Initiative

Hopefully this will reach the Roberts Court and help block his and his cronies march to establishing Catholicism as the state religion.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So abortion=satanic=science .... Got it since it was confusing

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BritofTexas

The irony here is the government shouldn't be involved in any of this in the first place. All these ensuing arguments and divisiveness has resulted from giving the government too much control.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well aint that interestin' ....
Lol , well I don't do gifs or memes but man I wish I could
post the slow clap gif.

I am not in favor of corporations being deemed individuals, nor government mandating healthcare but irony and a dark sense of humor makes me wanna have a little chuckle.

Way to go Hobby Lobby , paving the way for satanist since 2014

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BritofTexas
Hopefully this will reach the Roberts Court and help block his and his cronies march to establishing Catholicism as the state religion.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying Hobby Lobby is Catholic owned and operated? The family that runs Hobby Lobby is evangelical protestant.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What is a satanic abortion and how do they differ from the abortions that doctors do?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The hobby lobby ruling paved the way for this. What will be more horrifying to the duck hunting crowd is when Muslims start winning law suites for Sharia law!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying Hobby Lobby is Catholic owned and operated? The family that runs Hobby Lobby is evangelical protestant.

No.

I am saying the majority in the Roberts Court is Catholic owned and operated.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

My thought also. I have a sinking feeling about the way we are headed. Is this for real?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
The hobby lobby ruling paved the way for this. What will be more horrifying to the duck hunting crowd is when Muslims start winning law suites for Sharia law!

Actually it was the UN-Constitutional Obamacare that paved the way for all of this.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

The irony here is the government shouldn't be involved in any of this in the first place. All these ensuing arguments and divisiveness has resulted from giving the government too much control.

This, multiple times, this.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well this looks interesting. I'm waiting for the Pro-Hobby Lobby ruling crowd to come in and say that this isn't the same thing and it should be struck down for [insert biased reason to hate satanism].
edit on 29-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

So your saying obumers plan was to make sure hobby lobby could profit from owning shares in medical company that produce contraception pills, but wont pay for there employees said contraception because its againts the god. Man hes so good, he sees in the future.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Well this looks interesting. I'm waiting for the Pro-Hobby Lobby ruling crowd to come in and say that this isn't the same thing and it should be struck down for [insert biased reason to hate satanism].

They should be able to refuse the materials if they want and the state should not mandate them either.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The lady who Hobby Lobby fired for being pregnant should probably look into this.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

edit on 29-7-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

This whole situation is a slow-moving train wreck. It is only going to get more and more complicated as lawyers try to dance around legal definitions to please one group or another while trying not to look like hypocrites. Of course the people on both sides of the issue will do that for them. That Hobby Lobby ruling really opened up a HUGE can of worms and the people will suffer, as usual, while the courts screw the law up even worse than it already was (instead of just flat out overturning it as unconstitutional).

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This was already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1023997/pg1

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck

Just because she claims she was fired 3 years ago does not make it so.

You should at least put a link to that story so people know what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: NavyDoc

This whole situation is a slow-moving train wreck. It is only going to get more and more complicated as lawyers try to dance around legal definitions to please one group or another while trying not to look like hypocrites. Of course the people on both sides of the issue will do that for them. That Hobby Lobby ruling really opened up a HUGE can of worms and the people will suffer, as usual, while the courts screw the law up even worse than it already was (instead of just flat out overturning it as unconstitutional).

That's an expected consequence of the federal government doing things it shouldn't be doing. The HL decision was a good thing. The Satanist complaint is a good thing. They are both good things because they let people see just how untenable this unconstitutional Law with all of it's mandates, and exceptions to the rules, is. Almost a thousand companies and unions are exempted from the ACA. The ACA's more onerous implementations keep being delayed past eh next election cycle. It needs to be trashed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join