It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the World is Going on!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This year so far has been an active one as far as world events go.

The weather -- at least where I live -- has been a mess. We had like 6-10 inches of snow, -50 degree for the winter. This summer it has gone from 93 in the afternoon to low 50s in the evening. We get big thunderstorms knocking out power, but the storm only lasts maybe 3 minutes, then the sun is shining big and bright.

We have Civil Wars/Unrest going on everywhere (Syria, Egypt, Venezuela ) I'm sure other places that I have missed are under them too.

Here in the States we almost perhaps broke into a Civil War with the Bundy Ranch ordeal. We have umteen amounts of legals coming in left and right, protests, etc.

There has been something like 4 planes go up missing/crash/get shot out of the sky.

Russia and Ukraine is in a war.

Israel and Gaza (spelling?) in a war.

North Korea attempting to flex its' muscles.

Iran signed a treaty (but I'm sure they are still building nukes or something who knows.)

ISIS turning into a full fledged army taking over areas in the middle east.

America supposedly pulling out from overseas from our wars.

I'm sure I am missing stuff, but man, everything is going wrong this year, and so much unrest and weird events.

With the combined events of the Russian War against Ukraine, and Israel at war with Gaza, what would be needed for this to be called a World War?

Maybe this is the World War in the early to mid stages? If I remember correctly, WW1 wasn't said to have been a world war until years after it was finished everyone looked back and realized it was a world war.

What are your predictions as to what else will happen this year?
Did I miss any big events?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In World War I there were 5 major world powers in declared war within several months (the UK, Germany, Austria-Hungary, Russia, & France). Currently there are no major powers at war w/ a lot of small powers in skirmishes.
There is the potential but so far I do not think it would be correct to call it a World War. Thank your preferred diety as I fear WW3 won't stay conventional when it happens.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I predict a massive false flag event in the USA.......perhaps a dirty bomb or nuclear weapon even.....
Ebola has been weaponised and Africa is about to be depopulated.......
The middle east will remain a volcano of wars big and small......The Saudis will feel the brunt of ISIS might soon.....

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
maybe if the people in this world would stop listening to those that want others, to go fight and die, rather than themselves getting out there on their own. the leaders that want to do this, should pick up a gun, and the rest of us will stay home and watch how it turns out for those leaders....I imagine that there would be fewer wars and conflicts. those leaders should put up, shut up, or work it out peaceably.
edit on 28-7-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck

You are right, I remember now, my apologies lol. My hands got ahead of my brain xD. I'm sure the interwebs could play a big part of the war perhaps if and when it does happen? Maybe countries hacking into bank sites and shutting down our monies or something? A lot of hacking to cause attacks, and the use of other technological means maybe aside from the battlefield?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wwe9112

This year so far has been an active one as far as world events go.

can you point out one year in the last hundred that hasn't?

We have Civil Wars/Unrest going on everywhere (Syria, Egypt, Venezuela ) I'm sure other places that I have missed are under them too.

Can you point out just one moment in history when there hasn't been civil fighting and unrest somewhere on this planet?

Maybe this is the World War in the early to mid stages?

Or its final stages and the war isn't with bombs but with information to control our minds and create unrest in our minds.

The war began when man wanted to rule over another man.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"and the use of other technological means maybe aside from the battlefield?
"
Most likely EMP's. a reply to: wwe9112

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yup, the world is doing exactly what is has always done..

Which of those things haven't happened before or are new occurrences? Certainly not ISIS who have been around since 2004. Certainly not a polar vortex which has been around since early 1900s. Other countries at war.

This is what the planet + mankind has done since pretty much forever.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think you're suffering from news/propaganda overload. These things have been going on forever but now we have the 24-hour news cycle and the Internet to ratchet up the fear in order to keep people glued to the advertising supported media.
edit on 2014-7-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I've been thinking the same man, this year has been an active one for sure. I can only add that recently the MSM have been referring to ISIS as ISIL or the Islamic state...because of it's self-proclaimed status as a caliphate, in a way it's just trying to normalise them, just accepting what they do (graphic)...Makes you think what backhanders are being made and who's calling the shots, considering it's an off-shoot of Al-Queda. IMO, CIA and/or Saudis, probably to do with oil and gas...I was reading about the gas pockets offshore Gaza and how valuable they are, but I'm not sure how legit that is.

But yeah man, the world is going t!ts up and I can't really see it getting better anytime soon unless there's some major intervention. I can see the world being split into 2, You could probably guess it'll be US, UK will get dragged into it, probably Israel, other allied forces I can't think of right now against Russia, China, NK, Iran....basically I can see it getting real messy, especially when you think an estimated 150,000 people have already died in the three year Syrian civil war (A third of them being civilians) and what makes it worse is stories like this...Not sure if just propaganda or if this is just true? I know NK has a weapons deal with Iran, so I guess it's plausable that they work with other groups in the Middle East? (All I can think is Team America, f*ck yeah!)

Feels like it's all building up and soon the lids going to pop, I hope we can resolve it before it turns devastating..with ISIS building power, Gaza/Israel still flaring and still innocent killing from Ukrain government...do I need any more examples?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: wwe9112
What are your predictions as to what else will happen this year?

I predict that humans will continue to kill each other over religion/ideals/greed/other stupid reasons, just like they have always done.
I predict that the media will continue to pick and choose what to show us in an effort to further divide and polarize the population not only in my country (USA) but the entire planet, just like they have always done.

originally posted by: wwe9112
We get big thunderstorms knocking out power, but the storm only lasts maybe 3 minutes, then the sun is shining big and bright.

That's an almost everyday thing here in Florida, always has been. Between 1pm-4pm we'll get a storm of some sort. Sometimes just a drizzle, sometimes a torrential downpour, but always accompanied by thunder and lightning. It is said that Florida is the "Lightning Capital" of the USA, central Florida (where I live) is referred to as "Lighting Alley", I'm sure you can imagine how intense it can get. Our storms used to freak me out as a kid, but I've grown a kind of connection to them.
edit on 7/28/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I tend to no longer be concerned over WWIII. "The international Corporate Structure" will not allow it. It would play to much havoc with their bottom line.
The "ICS" allows all these conflicts to simmer, not boil. I expect more of the sameol sameol

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I tend to no longer be concerned over WWIII. "The international Corporate Structure" will not allow it. It would play to much havoc with their bottom line.
The "ICS" allows all these conflicts to simmer, not boil. I expect more of the sameol sameol

I agree. Some great benefit would need to emerge in order for the world's capitalist captains to justify to each other the deaths of perhaps tens of millions of consumers and the disruption of a multitude of nations to pay their loans back. That said, I'm certain it (a third world war) will happen ... someday. Likely, either we or a future generation will be existing as we always do at some point in time to come, when fairly suddenly--the world again goes to war.

All the recent saber rattling ... I would agree it is frightening. Whether one faces the world eyes open or shut, the tendency becomes us, our inquisitive natures--even our deepest desires--to want to see patterns of doom emerging. I'm sure an apt title for the lives of many of us deep thinkers could be "waiting for the apocalypse". Certainly, such a title has been suitable for my own life at times.

Living the mundane is perhaps a thousand times more terrible than war--for those who've never been to war or to whose backyard war has never come. Death by ten thousand paper cuts of endless days of tedium? However, on the other hand I think that always keeping one's eyes on the direction of the wind is very wise. You just never know when a storm might roll in.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Hmmm. Maybe God is no longer "blessing America". Now, why would God stop blessing America and allow such things?

Are we doing something wrong? What could it possibly BE?

In fact, looking over that list.. I'm pretty sure we can state God is livid right now.
edit on 28-7-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is nothing really 'new' to the world. It's just that the world is so interconnected now that every little disagreement a nation has is broadcasted or reported to the internet or over large news stations.

Just think. If the incident in Rwanda had happened in today's world every hipster and keyboard warrior would be posting it all over the internet and awareness would be HUGE, and it would seem like the world was coming to an end because of all the other turmoils happening around the world within those 5 or so years.

As someone else stated, world war 1 was just a bunch of big power hungry nations flexing which got out of hand, world war 2 had meaning, a super power flexing their muscles to the point where it sucked everyone in because of interests etc. World war three would never happen because we have learned from the past, the fire would be put out before it got as big as WW2 or 1.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Welcome to the digital age where a 24/7/365 information and emotion influx (and cat pictures) make a hell of a lot of money.

There is a good side though - the learning potential of the net is quite bottomless.

It's a blessing and a curse IMO - sometimes I think it's making us crazy because our brains can't handle it in a collective sense.

Unplug for a day and breathe a little.

As the Matrix illustrated: We're all plugged in batteries - don't let the system make you pop!
edit on 28-7-2014 by Floydshayvious because: boop

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As far as Civil War in America over the Bundy Ranch...umm...I think you are overstating things...just a tad.

As to the rest of the world...think about it. We have had 69 years of relative peace, and prosperity. Yes, there have been localized wars, but nothing like WW1 or WW2. However, it seems that various world leaders are seeking to push the envelope, and see what they can get away with. Someone, somewhere, is tired of all of this relative quiet.

Things seem to be changing, for the worse. I hope, for everyone's sake, that I am wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You probably been reading/watching too much News.
I just spent 3 weeks offline and just reading local News (Alberta, Canada holiday), and all I heard about was the Fires in BC (seen the smoke myself in Edmonton/Calgary) so I know for a fact that they did happen.
Everything else was someone else's story, whether it happened or not depends on whether you believe the Media.
There was also an abduction of 2 adults and a child in Calgary which was the main News on TV for weeks, they caught the guy just before we left.
Apart from those 2 the rest of the chit going on in the World wasn't really relevant.
The Ukraine missile strike and the Hamas rocketing and subsequent Isreal land invasion had little impact on Alberta or me.
terrorists? didn't see any, and to be honest any changes at the airports were not intrusive, apart from having to present yourself 2 hrs ahead of departure rather than the 1 hr like it was back in the 1980's. Speaking of the 80's, the Palestinians were blowing up planes back then! (Fatah, wonder what happened to them?)

When I got back home, my local corner shop where I get my smokes from had shut down!, now that was News!

Try and focus on what is going on around your area, all the rest isn't worth worrying about, and only believe less than 1/4 of what is shown on the MSM.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I agree, there has been a lot going on this year. Especially as of late.

I'm with you on the weather, too. It's the end of July and I could see my breath yesterday morning, which doesn't usually happen until like, late Sept or early October where I live! Wtf is up with that?

Ignore the trolls who act like all of this is just news overload, or status quo. It isn't. However, I do pray that things settle down in the world soon. But, if (when) shtf, I'm heading east to Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia...I noticed you're from there. It's one of my fave places to go. Plenty of old mines, mountains, not a lot of people and not too terribly far from the coast. Perfect shtf spot, if you ask me!

edit on 30-7-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
I agree, there has been a lot going on this year. Especially as of late.

I'm with you on the weather, too. It's the end of July and I could see my breath yesterday morning, which doesn't usually happen until like, late Sept or early October where I live! Wtf is up with that?

Ignore the trolls who act like all of this is just news overload, or status quo. It isn't. However, I do pray that things settle down in the world soon. But, if (when) shtf, I'm heading east to Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia...I noticed you're from there. It's one of my fave places to go. Plenty of old mines, mountains, not a lot of people and not too terribly far from the coast. Perfect shtf spot, if you ask me!

I love my state lol, we DID have a bunch of property down state here but it got sold off for the natural gas people. But, I live in the northern panhandle now -- about 30-40 minutes out of Pittsburgh. (Weirton WV). Once you get out of the panhandle everyone is so much nicer. I have family down state here that doesn't even lock up their car, house, or windows. When I go up to Pittsburgh or even Steubenville I always get a bad feeling about how miserable and dishonest people are, but when I go back downstate, everyone is so welcoming and helpful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join