It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange ground sighting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I originally put this in the California sighting, but decided it needs to be seen on its own. I have a feeling it is important.

I had a weird sighting of my own recently, but it was more ground based. I don't remember where exactly we were, but we were heading west. This was about a week or so ago, maybe a little more.

Coming in the other direction, there was a pilot car, which wasn't unusual. But the truck that he was leading was an Air Force day cab, pulling an unusual trailer. It almost looked like a normal trailer that any truck would pull, but it was marked oversize. The top and back were straight, and looked normal. The bottom, right about where the landing gear of the trailer was, suddenly angled upward, and the nose curved up into a rounded nose that met with the top corner.

There was a van that looked like a "six pack" that you see driving on the ramp behind them that was with them. The only marking on the trailer were the words Air Force.

If it wasn't for the shape, and lack of security, my first instinct was missile. But it didn't fit with the over all shape of a missile. For some reason, my gut says that it was either part of, or a disassembled airframe. The size would be just about right for a U-2 type airframe, but I can't think of any reason why they would be trucking a U-2 around like that.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I wonder how common it is to transport aircraft of this nature via truck travel? I know the SR-71 did when they took it to Groom. Most people wouldn't even give it passing glance if it was covered up on the back of a truck.
I suppose trucking it would be cheaper than putting it in the belly of a C17 and flying it.

edit on 25-7-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Yeah, a lot cheaper, especially if that's all you're transporting.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Here's a nice link about it.

www.roadrunnersinternationale.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

Excellent read, and amazing photographs. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
I originally put this in the California sighting, but decided it needs to be seen on its own. I have a feeling it is important.

I had a weird sighting of my own recently, but it was more ground based. I don't remember where exactly we were, but we were heading west. This was about a week or so ago, maybe a little more.

Coming in the other direction, there was a pilot car, which wasn't unusual. But the truck that he was leading was an Air Force day cab, pulling an unusual trailer. It almost looked like a normal trailer that any truck would pull, but it was marked oversize. The top and back were straight, and looked normal. The bottom, right about where the landing gear of the trailer was, suddenly angled upward, and the nose curved up into a rounded nose that met with the top corner.

There was a van that looked like a "six pack" that you see driving on the ramp behind them that was with them. The only marking on the trailer were the words Air Force.

If it wasn't for the shape, and lack of security, my first instinct was missile. But it didn't fit with the over all shape of a missile. For some reason, my gut says that it was either part of, or a disassembled airframe. The size would be just about right for a U-2 type airframe, but I can't think of any reason why they would be trucking a U-2 around like that.

Could you possibly take a minute or two and attempt to do a quick drawing or sketch of what you described in the third paragraph? Would be helpful, that way we can help to better distinguish what it was, you saw.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Did it look like this, Minuteman Missile Transport Truck, about half-way down the page? In action.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Similar shape with that up angle in the front, but the top was flat, and the nose was more rounded.

The second picture is a lot closer but still not quite right.
edit on 7/26/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 Was this in California or not? If it was, perhaps out of Vandenberg?
Left overs from the ABM tests in the day?

We'd see them day and night, maybe half a dozen times heading for the South Pacific. Wild watching up the arse end. Blinding white light. people thought they were UFOS hovering.LOL.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

No, WE were heading to California, they were going the other way. This was well short of Cali when I saw them. I want to say Nebraska or somewhere along those lines.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 OK, There's been a few comments on ATS RE: the "super-volcano" situation in Yellowstone where there were claims the U.S. was moving ICBMs from the West to the East in case there was a major event.

I, of course, laughed that off. I've seen moves while sitting at the TA just East of I-25 on I-80. The was enough security, gunships, so on. They even buzzed the truck-stop a couple of times. A little unnerving to say the least.

The "no-security" except for a pilot car throws that one out....unless they were hiding the move?? Warheads removed??

Hmmph, not bloody likely..

edit on 27-7-2014 by nwtrucker because: correction

edit on 27-7-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

That's why I'm almost positive that this wasn't a missile. Even without a warhead, there should have been more than a pilot car and a six pack. There should have at least been overhead security, and there was nothing. There are a couple of airframes that would fit nicely into this, and no one would think it was them. And no security required. Which makes me wonder.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

That makes sense, but..I hate sounding like a conspiracy freak...unless the locals would know if there was a major move and they wanted to hide it.

I know, I know...not completely impossible, though.

It was strange enough to stick your attention on it.....

edit on 27-7-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Not impossible, but the odds right now of them trying to move it without security are pretty slim. I don't see them suddenly changing procedures, especially right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
So what's exactly a "six pack" van?

Still scratching my head on that one...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

It's a truck with a big square back that can stack tools, or sit six people on benches in it, hence the name "six pack". They used them to transport crews back in the nuclear alert days, and the crew chiefs used them to transport tools and parts around for the aircraft.
edit on 7/27/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Sheeeeeet I don't care what a six pack truck is. All I wanna know is can you drink it?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
These aren't quite the same as we used to use, but are still six packs (the ones in front of the closest B-52).
edit on 7/27/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So, like a box van/truck??

The "six pack" van you first mentioned, were you referring to the generalized name 'Six Pac', as in the truck bed campers?

Either way, I see what you're talking about now... Tomato, tomahtoe lol

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

It was the generic name that we called them on the ramp. They were general purpose vans, that were useful as hell.

<<   2 >>

join