It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got some sick upgrades for my Glock. :D

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's a Glock 17c (Gen 3), or at least it was until I changed the slide. I guess technically it still is considering I have a compensator/muzzle break on it still, albeit bigger, lol.

Specs are:

Extended slide release
Greatly extended mag release (the thing is awesome)
ICE magwell
Tungsten full length guide rod
Glockworx Fulcrum trigger
Glockworx/Zevtech custom slide with a cutout for a Trijicon RMR red dot, sight cuts for iron sights (which I still have to get the suppressor height iron sights to co-witness with the red dot), and all new Zevtech internals on the slide, which they were kind enough to install for me.
A Trijicon RMR red dot, lol
And finally (I think) a match grade KKM Precision barrel with a KKM muzzle break (I also bought a KKM threaded barrel for a suppressor that is probably down the line soon).

Edit: Forgot to add there's a 11 pound recoil spring on there too, instead of the stock 17 pounder.

And of course, here are pics.
(sorry for #ty cell phone pics)

And the beautiful thing is, it still fits perfectly in the holster.

edit on 25-7-2014 by TuEsIncredibiliterStultus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nice looking gun, Have you shot the gun since the upgrades, and if so, do you feel a difference in the accuracy, etc...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh dayam.

Welcome to the Glock OF THE FUTURE.

S + F.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Very awesome upgrades. I love firearms in general and those make it look even cooler.
a reply to: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Nice looking gun, Have you shot the gun since the upgrades, and if so, do you feel a difference in the accuracy, etc...

Nope, I literally just pieced it all together. Some of the stuff was on there already, like the extended mag and slide release and the magwell, but all the other stuff is new and I can't wait to try it out. I suspect it'll be a laser. The sights were never quite accurate on my old slide, and they were fixed, so I was screwed. Either that or it was the barrel. But with the red dot and match grade barrel there are no excuses now, lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have a 17 as well, and was looking at some of the same mods you did here. Once I began daily carry of the Glock 30 (45 acp) which I love...I was told by some that modifying unless you are target/competition shooting is pointless and potentually damaging to the weapon. Not to say thats happening with you.

I just wanted to put a recoil buffer and tungsten rod, perhaps a better sight....but as it goes...Im probably not going to do much more than that. If I was competing, sure. But for everyday concealed carry, even the standard Gen 3 -or Gen 4...the G 17...after a good while carrying, is a bit too big for me as it is.

Once loved, the Glock 17 pretty much stays home, except maybe going out on the weekends. And thats purely because of summer clothes and lighter weight than the 45. I now go nowhere without the 45. 1/3 heavier and 7 rounds less than the 17...I always have it with me wherever I go. I love the 30 (not the new 30SF-slim) but the Gen 3. A bit different with a 10 round +1 mag against the 17 round +1 mag in the 9mm-G 17.

So far, Ive only put grips on both, but am pretty sure with at least the 30, I will get the scope, rod and recoil buffer. Let me know down the road how the mods are working out for you!

MS

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Um...That one picture...Never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot? Ring a bell?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady
Um...That one picture...Never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot? Ring a bell?

Remember that line from Black Hawk Down where Eric Bana is getting grilled for not having his safety on, and he pulls up his trigger finger and says; "We'll this is my safety, sir."? Well, so long as you're not retarded, the same thing basically applies here. Also, not only was the gun completely empty, there unfortunately is not a single bullet in this house (not my decision). I keep them somewhere else. So I think it's pretty safe to say nothing was getting shot. Whats more, isn't the gun always pointed at something? I can't possibly intend to shoot everything, can I?

Plus, who knows, maybe the grass was about to start some #. It's got enough weeds in it. Maybe I was trying to shoot my way to a weed free lawn? You never know. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I concur - why are you pointing that monstrosity out of a window into a neighborhood?

Also.. No thanks. I'll stick with my plethora of firearms that don't look like I spend all day playing video games.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

Remember that line from Black Hawk Down where Eric Bana is getting grilled for not having his safety on, and he pulls up his trigger finger and says; "We'll this is my safety, sir."? Well, so long as you're not retarded, the same thing basically applies here. Also, not only was the gun completely empty, there unfortunately is not a single bullet in this house (not my decision). I keep them somewhere else. So I think it's pretty safe to say nothing was getting shot.

Plus, who knows, maybe the grass was about to start some #. It's got enough weeds in it. Maybe I was trying to shoot my way to a weed free lawn? You never know. The possibilities are endless.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You, sir, are the reason stupid things happen with firearms.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
you ruined a perfectly good glock (this is sarcasm)
Its sweet. they took out handguns over in England

edit on 25-7-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

he his looking through his red dot sight! if anything the window then the grass outside would get shot

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Congrats on an awesome build sir.
Not only will you have a weed free lawn but i bet you could do some tree pruning with that thing as well.

(Insert Obligatory Shotgun Tree Trimming Video Here)

S&F For one sick ass Glock!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Looks like a nice piece. I can't stand red dot sights (iron sight kind of guy), but I bet it helps with accuracy. But I do love the extended mag release.

Very nice!

edit on 7/25/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Looks like a nice piece. I can't stand red dot sights (iron sight kind of guy), but I bets it helps with accuracy. But I do love the extended mag release.

Very nice!

In my experience RDS sucks on pistols and shotguns - much slower target acquisition. Perhaps it's just me though.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Nice looking race gun.

Glocks aren't my cup of tea, but very nice.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Looks like a nice piece. I can't stand red dot sights (iron sight kind of guy), but I bets it helps with accuracy. But I do love the extended mag release.

Very nice!

In my experience RDS sucks on pistols and shotguns - much slower target acquisition. Perhaps it's just me though.

I agree. A shotgun does not need a RDS whatsoever. A pistol? I suppose that depends on personal taste. I'm very accurate with just the iron sights and if I need to be more accurate to hit something at a longer range, I would be using a rifle instead.

Now RDS on an AR or AK is pretty sweet...especially if you are bouncing from target to target fairly quickly.
edit on 7/25/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
the way a pistol works does the slide not knock the accuracy of the red dot out all the time?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus
probably,
second line

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Whats that sucker shoot like at 50 ? unless it groups less than 1.5" its just eye candy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join