It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF BioWare?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So, I had a few extra minutes before needing to leave for work this morning and decided to clear out my inbox. I received and email from BioWare. I'm not paying attention to anything beyond the fact that it says "You've been chosen" and that it has some pictures I can't see (my email doesn't load up pictures and graphics). I am thinking "Yes!" because I'm thinking I've gotten my invite to beta the Dragon Age Keep, so I follow the link and get this:

Obviously, it's viral marketing of some sort, but for what?

I might be missing something in the email that I can't see because I can't see the graphics. The comments are saying that it's from BioWare Edmonton, but that's the studio that supposed to be developing Mass Effect 4, and I don't see how these two things are linked.

I guess this must be related to that new IP they've been hinting at, and the buzz is that there will be more at Gamescon in Cologne, Germany.

Oh, and they sent these emails to the teaser at 3:00 am.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's for some new game project that will be announced in August at Gamecom:

www.ign.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Thanks for that. I hadn't had a chance to go looking yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yeah I wonder if it will be a new series to replace Mass Effect in a way.

If it is I will be excited but I am going to have to for sure upgrade to a better gaming computer if that's the case.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Did you try to go to the website it displays on the video?

www.youve-been-chosen.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I've had time to poke around some more now, but then I hadn't. I had some errands to do before the heat of the day caught up with me.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It is either a new IP or the collaboration with Failbetter Games (of Sunless Sea fame).

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Its a game that has something to do with dreams....

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well I suppose being chosen is better then not being chosen.

Unless the game sucks, then its better to not be chosen.

I dont know dude, I heard they got some new projects in the making I can only give you the advice OrphanApology and you yourself has, wait till gamescon. I know I am, there is supposed to be a mass influx of new games which they did not show at E-3 this year coming from all companies, not only that, but new footage and info on games which I am looking forward to.

Hey look at it this way, there are worse spams you could be getting in your E-mail, I know I stopped using a few of my emails accounts just because they were always full of constant spam.

new topics

top topics

join