It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sims 2 Ultimate for FREE on Origin- through July 31st

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hey buds and budettes. So, maybe everybody knows about this already, but if you don't here's the gist:

Origin, the PC EA client is offering The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free until the 31sth of July.

Granted, Origin is not the best client in existence, and EA's company policies should improve.

But hey, free game! And some might argue that the Sims 2 is the best installment, and this one contains ALL expansions in it's almost 8 (10?) year lifetime.

So here's what you do;

Download Origin: www.origin.com...

When that's done click on the upper menu, and on Redeem Code. Write this when it asks for the code:
I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

Accept the terms, and voilá, you're golden, bob's your uncle, you're the proud owner of a gaming classic.

P.S: It's also of note that Peggle is also free in Origin.

Cheers paps.

Source
edit on J2014America/ChicagoCDT11America/ChicagoJ2014America/Chicago by JoeTheJoe because: tyop

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up mate, just got them both.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I just tried going there. I'm a huge Sims fan. I have almost all of the expansions from The Sims 2, and The Sims 3. But it's super tedious to install all of the Sims 2. I've tried searching for it. Can you post a direct link to the free game please?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm going for peggle, amazing game and highly addictive

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Nice one! I used to play this game to death when it came out for the ps2, I used to invite my friends over and we'd try to recreate scenes from our favourite movies XD We spent nearly an hour trying to make a spot on Samuel L Jackson!

Thanks for the link!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britster1821
I just tried going there. I'm a huge Sims fan. I have almost all of the expansions from The Sims 2, and The Sims 3. But it's super tedious to install all of the Sims 2. I've tried searching for it. Can you post a direct link to the free game please?

It is super tedious, as a fellow Sims fan I know.

There is no link to the free game friend, as it is only redeemable by introducing the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS directly on the Origin Client, that you must download from EA's official webpage, i can give you that link but the thing my link stubbornly only goes to the mexican store. But I'm sure you can look around for the US store, or anyother you need.

Here: www.origin.com...

EDIT: Found the US download page: www.origin.com...
edit on J2014America/ChicagoCDT01America/ChicagoJ2014America/Chicago by JoeTheJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deckard9645

No worries man, you're welcome.

Also, I've heard there may be some compatibility issues with Windows 7/8 64bit. I haven't found any myself as I'm yet to get home and downloadin', but I understand that they are circumvented by using the compatibilty options on the .exe.

But if you need any help with it, gimme a shout-out. I'll see what I can do for you, google-wise.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sadly, it doesn't appear that there is a Mac OS X version of the Sims 2 available in the Origin store

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeTheJoe

Awesome, Thank you. I had Sims 1 & 3, but not 2.

I do now!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks!

I was thinking of picking up The Sims 3, but the amount of DLC for that was putting me off.

This coming with everything is fantastic!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Much thanks! I still prefer Steam for a PC game Manager over Origin but a good find nonetheless.
Second Line- I always spend too much on the steam summer sale.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Do know that if you change any config ir needs to be from the fun with pets folder.
Since that was the last expansion. Also if it does not start right away give it a few minutes to kick in.

When peggle first came out I played that for hours.
Then went searching for any other pachinko machine type of game play
Then found some hacked up verions of peggle ( world of warcraft) yet it was just a few levels

sure wish they made the editor avalible so we could build our own levels.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
Much thanks! I still prefer Steam for a PC game Manager over Origin but a good find nonetheless.
Second Line- I always spend too much on the steam summer sale.

No problem bud.

I know, Steam is the bomb, as are the sales to my wallet.

I bought Planetary Annihilation because..it was on sale? I played for two minutes, got disconnected and then got buyers remorse.

In hindsight maybe Steam is the one destroying us D:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
Sadly, it doesn't appear that there is a Mac OS X version of the Sims 2 available in the Origin store

Nope, sorry. But you should still get it! You don't have to install it or download it right away. But it is linked to your account "forever" (or as long as Origin's servers live), so one day when you get ahold of a Windows machine you'll be able to play it

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I am finding that to be one of the more useful things abut these cloud saves and downloads.
I forever own copies of multiple games now.

I think I have Final Fantasy 7 for almost every platform.

It is nice to know anything you download or buy from Steam or xbox or origin (psn network too),
you will own forever.

I love that. To bad they didn't have this 15 years ago.
I hate to think of all of the games I have lost over the years due to house fires (once I lost over 50 playstation games due to a fire while I was out of town. Burnt the trailer to the ground and years worth of collecting rare playstation games went up in smoke) or moving around the country.

This sims 2 package is a big one, but it works just fine on my computer running windows 7.
The fact that it has all of the expansions makes it well worth the free download time.
(I wonder how much it would of cost to get the game and buy each expansion separately?)
edit on 28-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I actually do have a Windows laptop and did "buy" it and install it. I don't know whether it's something with the game or my laptop (which is a fairly recent Gateway model with Windows 7.1) but it is super slow -- when I started the game, I thought it had locked up, because it literally took 20 minutes to start up.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

The first time you start it up it is a slow loader, but after the first time it should get faster.
It has to create the neighborhoods.

I thought mine froze and ended up rebooting but after the first time, it goes quicker.

The original Sims was like that too.
edit on 28-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I know right? I was reluctant at first, old dog new tricks and all that. But I find it pretty awesome.

I still miss my gigantic game boxes though. I still have my old Age of Empires cardboard box. Man, that thing is huge! And the manual, and the tech tree...

*Swoon*

Anyway, last two days to get this free, get the word out!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I did run into a problem with the Sims 2.

It ran fine the first time, but then after it would give me a No DirrectX9.0 error.

This is running under Windows 7 with compatibility set to WinXP.

The solution for me, was to put a -w at the end of the command line on the shortcut which forces the game to run in a window Vs Full screen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join