It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

commonwealth games starting today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Had a quick search and couldnt find anything with similar thoughts to my own, so apologies if its already "out there".

2 years ago, london hosted the olympics, and conspiracy forums were buzzing prior to the event over possible "false flag" events that were going to happen.
Ive been thinking about this, and felt that part of the reason for this buzz is that not much was happening in the news for conspiracy theorists to get their teeth into. So much research went into it, that if something did happen, it would probably have already been thought of.
Now, we have the commonwealth games. What has been happening in the world? Mh317 and mh17, israel/gaza kicking off to just name a couple of things. Conspiracy theorists are busy busy busy.
So I ask this.....
Has this left the door open for a false flag event?

At a time when the scottish independence debate is coming into the home stretch, could the english govt. use this event to install some kind of fear into the scottish people to make them feel they cannot survive without westminster?
I know the commonwealth games is nowhere near as big as the olympics on the world stage, but you will still have packed venues with plenty of camera coverage... Could this be the event that everyone is overlooking?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
hmmm I posted a reply to this already but it seems to have not posted.

Basically I was just saying that this thread was the first I had heard about the Games, and being in Australia I thought that odd.

Oh and that Scotland will be free from its British oppressors without the need for blood-shed.

I dont think there will be a false-flag at the games.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: djyorkie
Had a quick search and couldnt find anything with similar thoughts to my own, so apologies if its already "out there".

Has this left the door open for a false flag event?

At a time when the scottish independence debate is coming into the home stretch, could the english govt. use this event to install some kind of fear into the scottish people to make them feel they cannot survive without westminster?
I know the commonwealth games is nowhere near as big as the olympics on the world stage, but you will still have packed venues with plenty of camera coverage... Could this be the event that everyone is overlooking?

I seriously doubt anything will happen in the vein of a false flag event. Also there is no "English" government. The UK government may be based in England but has representatives from all four nations.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Not getting inton the referendum debate here, but do wanna say that the SNP is the voted in scottish government.... When was the last time they had a bill passed in westminster? Or a member of the party was able to make a final decision on UK matters in london?
Yeah, scotland really gets a big say in how it is run.
Anyways, said im not getting into that one, as its off topic.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I can't imagine it would work that way.

Assume there is a terror attack in Glasgow.

Do the Scottish people feel safer when 'protected' by Westminster, or do they conclude that they were only targetted because they are part of a corrupt and hated United Kingdom, and if they were independent, they'd actually be safer, because they wouldn't be held responsible for the terrible things Westminster has done in Iraq?

In this regard, if there was a false flag attack, I'd expect it to be staged by the SNP rather than Westminster.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: djyorkie

At a time when the scottish independence debate is coming into the home stretch, could the english govt.

No such thing as an 'english govt' - its a UK government.
England is the only country in the UK that doesn't have a national assembly.
The UK government is the party in Westminster that has the most MP's in Parliament.
Parliament comprises of MP's from all nations within the UK more or less pro-rata population size.

And this has to be explained to a Scotsman?

.....use this event to install some kind of fear into the scottish people to make them feel they cannot survive without westminster?

Why would they want to do that?

If the UK was so determined to stop the vote for independence why would the referendum be allowed to take place in the first place?
It makes no sense at all.

As with the Olympics there will be no 'false flag'.
If there is a terrorist attack then it will be just that; a terrorist attack.

I doubt there will be any attack - and I certainly hope there isn't and the Games prove to be a remarkable success and showcases Glasgow as the great city it is and highlights the remarkable bond the people of the Commonwealth have.

......but do wanna say that the SNP is the voted in scottish government....

SNP has a massive say in Scottish matters due to its majority in the Scottish Assembly.
Scotland has great control over its own affairs due to having its own Assembly and representation in Westminster.

When was the last time they had a bill passed in westminster? Or a member of the party was able to make a final decision on UK matters in london?

They've had at least a proportional say in UK matters and a massive say in Scottish only affairs.

Yeah, scotland really gets a big say in how it is run.

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown certainly had a large say in how the UK was run.

edit on 23/7/14 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Oh and that Scotland will be free from its British oppressors without the need for blood-shed.

Scotland isn't oppressed and its people most certainly aren't subjugated - to suggest such is highly ignorant of the facts and quite disrespectful to the Scots themselves.

I suspect you've been watching far too much Braveheart and other absolute nonsense.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

In this regard, if there was a false flag attack, I'd expect it to be staged by the SNP rather than Westminster.

Surely you aren't suggesting that the SNP and Salmond are equally as amoral, nefarious and corrupt as their Westminster counter-parts?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The Queen is going into the hot bed of Irish Republicanism that is Celtic Park so there maybe some problems. Wait until they play God save the Queen!!! The collusion and corruption between Glasgow City Council and Glasgow Celtic is unbelievable, there are many IRA supporters in the GCC. If anyone is interested in a genuine conspiracy then this is the one to check out. It's absolutely disgusting.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: djyorkie

quick reply---
didnt know until yesterday but Malaysia is still part of the commonwealth, theyve got athletes at the games and everything. maybe malaysia is paying its dues to get in snug with the nwo---"a few" sacrifices to literally put them on the map (believe me, there are plenty people even here on the west coast that couldn't point it out).

top topics

join