It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Ask God To Drive Your Pontiac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I know a lot of fine religious folk, my wife and parents included, and not one of them would recommend God-assisted cruise control. Let this be a cautionary tale to anyone in a similar situation — letting 'God take the wheel' is a freakin' metaphor.

image source

Fort Wayne Journal Gazette: Hit-run victim ‘ecstatic’ to survive

The car’s driver, 25-year-old Prionda C. Hill, told police she let go of the wheel shortly before the crash because “God told her he would take it from here,” according to the probable cause affidavit filed Thursday in Allen Superior Court.

Maybe she missed the part where God told her that he was just going to operate the pedals and she was supposed to keep steering?

Lying helplessly in the street and watching the car that just knocked him off his motorcycle bearing down on him, Anthony Oliveri was resigned to his fate.

“When I looked at that bumper and looked at that tire, I told myself, today is the day you die,” he said Thursday of the July 11 crash.

He closed his eyes and the car ran over his midsection, breaking all the ribs on his left side, cutting his spleen, bruising a kidney and leaving him with road rash and severe injuries to the muscles in his left arm and leg.

The 47 year-old victim, despite having his abdomen run over, was able to get up and make it to the curb where a pedestrian lent him a cell phone, which he used to call his mother.

As a result of the crash, Hill, of the 2100 block of Weisser Park Avenue, was charged with failure to stop after an accident resulting in injury or death, criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon and two counts of criminal mischief.

The criminal mischief charges stem from her car crashing into a pickup truck twice after she hit Oliveri.

Hill tested negative for alcohol but told police she had a Vicodin prescription, something that left Oliveri wondering why a full toxicology screen wasn’t ordered.

So no blood toxicology was ordered and she apparently wasn't taken for a psychiatric evaluation, so I'm guessing she was perfectly coherent. According to Ms. Hill, she saw the motorcyclist and tried to stop but couldn't, though there was apparently nothing mechanically wrong with her vehicle.

edit on 2014-7-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

what a strange story....makes me wonder how she managed to get a license in the first place...i would have to assume god helped get that too

vicoden itself shouldnt be enough to impair her driving i know this because i take them myself every now and again for back pain...

sounds like this woman needs a visit to a quack... quick smart

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The 47 year-old victim, despite having his abdomen run over, was able to get up and make it to the curb where a pedestrian lent him a cell phone, which he used to call his mother.

It seems the driver wasn't the only one who was a little off, here. You see somebody get run over, don't loan them your phone so they can call their mother. Use your phone to call an ambulance.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

G, day mate
not much one can say without getting personal
we have a saying down here
as thick as two short planks
this sheila may not look it
but she certainly fits the bill with her actions
I gather the bloke is going to be ok
and I wonder if he rebuilt an old z1 900 kwaka what a bike they were
so I hope the bike is fixable
I had a honda 750 f1 super sport and a mate had a z1 900 they were good rides

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

This part stood out to me also. Very strange.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You see somebody get run over, don't loan them your phone so they can call their mother. Use your phone to call an ambulance.

Seriously...Unless they had already called 911? Could be the case
Wonder if the driver is a carrie underwood fan.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I know a lot of fine religious folk, my wife and parents included, and not one of them would recommend God-assisted cruise control. Let this be a cautionary tale to anyone in a similar situation — letting 'God take the wheel' is a freakin' metaphor.

Maybe she figured "Hey, it's an automatic."

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

It seems the driver wasn't the only one who was a little off, here. You see somebody get run over, don't loan them your phone so they can call their mother. Use your phone to call an ambulance.

The guy had resigned himself to not surviving the day. If I was convinced I was about to die and there wasn't anything I could do about it, I'd probably call my mom too.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just goes to show there is no "normal."

In the words of that crappy, dead poet from psychedelic land, "People are strange... " and it should have gone on to say, "but you are stranger."

And yeah, Vicoden won't do that to a healthy mind... more likely to make one benevolent, happy... and maybe fall asleep at stop lights.

But watch out for the acetaminophen in them... tear your liver/kidneys right up.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
God-assisted cruise control? Seriously?
Ooh a vicodine...Seems like the only drug in this story is religious brainwashing.

My karma ran over your dogma.

join