It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Newly Discovered Elongated Skulls In Paracas Peru 2014

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
well, no matter who they are from, who promotes or claims what they are, etc.

the skulls are still there, big as life.

skulls like these are found around the world.
cosmetic trend or related by DNA?

or is it a rare gene mutation that effects only the skull?

to me, i highly doubt it was binding. they look too natural to be manipulated.

(and the jaw bone looks very sturdy/big)

even the fact that they are rare in terms of population size they are found around, seems like they don't belong, as in not being one of the locals.

alien would be cool but if HSS, how did that happen and why aren't any walking around now?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao
well, no matter who they are from, who promotes or claims what they are, etc.

the skulls are still there, big as life.

I dont think anybody is debating the reality of these remains, just the lack of science involved in their public presentation

skulls like these are found around the world.
cosmetic trend or related by DNA?

That all depends on what you mean by "like these". If you're referring to these specific skulls associated with Paracas and Brian Foerster then, in my opinion, its pretty clearly cosmetic by way of binding. There are certainly other skulls exhibiting genetic issues or any number of Cephalic conditions that cause increased cranial deformities.

or is it a rare gene mutation that effects only the skull?

Not even the private genetic testing done by Foerster has indicated anything but normal HSS remains

to me, i highly doubt it was binding. they look too natural to be manipulated.

(and the jaw bone looks very sturdy/big)

You're certainly entitled to that viewpoint but, and I could certainly be wrong because I haven't seen these remains in person and am rather out of practice as I haven't used my anthropology degree for anything but running my mouth online in over a decade, but in my opinion based on what I can see in the photos they appear to be pretty clear cases of head binding.

even the fact that they are rare in terms of population size they are found around, seems like they don't belong, as in not being one of the locals.

Again, I feel this is a pretty subjective opinion somewhat lacking in basis. What are the age of the skulls? What was the population density of the region at the time these individuals passed away? How many societies engaged in similar practices but lived in areas where preservation of remains is less likely? Is like solving for X without knowing any of the variables.

alien would be cool but if HSS, how did that happen and why aren't any walking around now?

There are people who still practice it though. It's been a well recorded phenomena since the beginning of recorded history and predates recorded history as indicated by remains found in Shanidar cave in Iraq and those remains have been dated to approx 11,000 BCE. Some North American natives practiced not just elongation but also another technique that made the skull appear more round(Salishan people I believe). In Europe, the Huns east of the Arline practiced elongation and binding as did some of the people they conquered after the collapse of Roman influence in the West. It occurred into e 20th century in the New Hebrides and a variation, though unintentional, persisted in the Toulouse region of France because the peasants would tightly wrap padding around infants skulls with a bandana to protect their heads from falls. The Mongbetu who live in the Congo still practice cranial deformation as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Interesting. These things fascinate me.

Here's your vid:

The argument of head-binding doesn't hold up for me - because although humans do try to achieve it - the skulls they deliberately reshape can't hold MORE CUBIC CAPACITY - but these elongated ones do.

One of my favorite mysteries.

Look at the JAW structure, density, and shape of the elongated skull Vs the conventional skull COMPLETELY different. No question for me this is not head binding but a different subset of humans.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

The Mongbetu who live in the Congo still practice cranial deformation as well.

Has anyone ever asked the Mongbetu why they practice head binding Peter?
The answer may shed light.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

I agree it appears to be a different species of human from the video.

Unless of course this is not one skull but pieced together from several different skulls. To my laymans eyes the jaw doesnt seem to match the skull. First off it is white compared to the remainder of the skull which seems naturally aged or weathered. ( what could cause such a color difference)?

But like ive said im no expert but the way he found them leaves it open to speculation, in my opinion anyway.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
The argument of head-binding doesn't hold up for me - because although humans do try to achieve it - the skulls they deliberately reshape can't hold MORE CUBIC CAPACITY - but these elongated ones do.

Hate to pop your favorite mystery, but these skulls have a cranial capacity well within the human range.
It's easy enough to find this out on your own. It's been shown here at ATS twenty times in the last decade, and cranial capacities of humans can be found all over the internet.

Had you done so, you could have possibly had another, more valid, favorite mystery.

Harte

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirk
I wonder if the holes on the back of the head are artificial, maybe involuntary trepanation?

They are the parietal foramen, which exist in your skull as well as mine, as I stated a short time ago in this post at ATS.

This exemplifies the fringe believer's penchant for repeatedly asserting bogus claims over and over. They assume quantity equals quality; in their claims as well as in their cranial capacity.

Harte

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What I find fascinating about these elongated skulls is that wherever you find them you also find megalithic structures. Now is that just a coincidence? I don't think so. The truth is we can't work out how they built those structures but I bet with the size of their heads they could work it out!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
This exemplifies the fringe believer's penchant for repeatedly asserting bogus claims over and over. They assume quantity equals quality; in their claims as well as in their cranial capacity.

originally posted by: JamesTB
What I find fascinating about these elongated skulls is that wherever you find them you also find megalithic structures. Now is that just a coincidence? I don't think so. The truth is we can't work out how they built those structures but I bet with the size of their heads they could work it out!

See what I mean?

Harte

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

Except for the Mongbetu so your claim

is that wherever you find them you also find megalithic structures

is falsified, the question is if you are so 'into' this question why didn't you know that before making the claim?

edit on 23/7/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

The Mongbetu who live in the Congo still practice cranial deformation as well.

Has anyone ever asked the Mongbetu why they practice head binding Peter?
The answer may shed light.

Hey Randy,
In the Mangbetu, it was a sign of beauty and a status symbol. What we would refer to as head binding is called Lipombo and sadly is rather rare today as the practice was outlawed by Belgian officials in the 1950's at the twilight of European colonialism.

ETA here's an interesting article on them that gives some details on many facets of their lives. afritorial.com...
edit on 23-7-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'll have a look immediately my good man. Thank you.

edit on Rpm72314v24201400000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strictsum
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

I agree it appears to be a different species of human from the video.

What exactly makes you believe this?

Unless of course this is not one skull but pieced together from several different skulls. To my laymans eyes the jaw doesnt seem to match the skull. First off it is white compared to the remainder of the skull which seems naturally aged or weathered. ( what could cause such a color difference)?

This is one of the biggest issues with finds of this nature. There is no provenance whatsoever. Nobody marked the site which means no anthropologists or archaeologists can examine the site of the alleged grave robbing. It would have been far better to mark the site and call the Peruvian government to send in the appropriate scientists to properly document the site. Foerster will not do that thou because then he looses out on adding to his ill gained collection of skulls. Notice that not a single part of his collection contains an entire post cranial skeleton? That's because its more easily identifiable as HSS and alien origins are readily refuted with the entire remains intact.

But like ive said im no expert but the way he found them leaves it open to speculation, in my opinion anyway.

That statement is one of the most rational ones I've seen thus far regarding anything associated with Foerster or his magical skulls

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
a reply to: rickymouse

Head binding was an excellent way to set up a caste or group away and separate from others, it had to be done in infancy and made 'infiltration' rather difficult!

Infiltration would be easy if the enemy also bound the heads of their infants...presto..instant royalty.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Because this keeps popping up and nobody wants to actually look into the matter because a YouTube video tells them otherwise... Here are some illustrations and photos of HSS skulls depicting the parietal foramen. Which by the way is present in all human beings. The size of the foramen is not uniform and can present quite obviously in some specimens while being difficult to discern in others. You will even see different sized foramen on the same specimen on occasion. But it is there and not something unique to to shaped skulls.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

More head binding eh

Your first 4 words... There is no arguing with a closed mind. Some elongated skulls are naturally formed. Not all but some.

Others that are bound. Not all

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish

Do you mean by way of disease or some other mechanism, please explain

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

a reply to: rickymouse

Head binding was an excellent way to set up a caste or group away and separate from others, it had to be done in infancy and made 'infiltration' rather difficult!

Infiltration would be easy if the enemy also bound the heads of their infants...presto..instant royalty.

Yes but then you too could be infiltrated and you needed to plan far in the future and at the end of it you a person who look like the enemy or target or whatever. Many elites also developed peculiar manners of speaking which still exists for the Japanese monarchy, unique vocabulary, special knowledge even ways of walking and social custom to differentiate themselves.
edit on 23/7/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Yeah, that's the point i was making though.

Showing that head binding can't have been introduced as a means of differentiating tribes, or hierarchy when all a rival tribe would have to do to confound it would be to follow suit.

Spies and observers could take care of intel on mannerisms, greeting methods, style of dress and movement and all the other stuff and copy it to aid infiltration.

But if the heads are elongated that might be enough to accomplish a given infiltration mission.

A little like a spy wearing the uniform of a brigadier general, complete with security people, official looking vehicles and paraphernalia entering a base let's say...most of the guards and personnel wouldn't challenge a brigadier general and would probably assume he had a right to be there..even if he didn't actually have exactly the required paperwork to authorise him to be there.

There's a saying we had in the Army a long while ago...'Bull S* baffles brains'. And it does, very well.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I didnt say I believed it to be a different species only that the video makes it appear that way.

To be honest i probably couldnt tell the difference between two different types of ape skulls if they were of a similar size. So im no where near qualified to make such a difinitive statement.

However im still interested as to why the jawbone seems much to large to be human.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join