It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omsk [Russia] UFO Videos July 19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Figuring out how to tell rocket launch videos from apparitions of potentially genuine interest may be assisted with this latest occurrence over Siberia.

4 am july 19, press reports and numerous photos of a predawn UFO
omskpress.ru...

I found at least two videos with dynamic shape changing, unusual even for 'classic' rocket launches

spiral ufo over omsk
www.youtube.com...
and
www.youtube.com...

These kinds of videos are telling me that even 'prosaic' events can look FAR weirder than we could have imagined. I think that's a helpful insight to the general puzzle, deserving posting and discussion here.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hey man,
I'm pretty sure that that is a rocket launch. I didn't notice anything particularly out of the ordinary regarding the videos anyway. I can't be sure about the photos because, well, they're photos

They do look more interesting than the videos though

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Looks to me like some kids threw a 'Shuttlecock' with LEDs attached into the air as a prank.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

Looks sort of like the Norwegian Spiral.

-MM

edit on 22-7-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think some people are missing Jim's point.

These ARE rocket launches. He was trying to show how easily people can be confused.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PheonixReborn
I think some people are missing Jim's point.

These ARE rocket launches. He was trying to show how easily people can be confused.

Thanks. my point is that the range of potential prosaic causes of spectacular UFO perceptions is far wider than most people, myself included, could ever have guessed. This is especially true in the Space Age. I think we all need to help develop more efficient filters to allow concentrated attention on reports with highest potential for extraordinariness.

The challenge is that even in categories of rare events for which no extraordinary causation seems required -- murders, missing persons, airliner disasters, missing socks -- we're going to run up against an 'unexplained residue' that reflects the nature not of the causitive stimuli but of the limitations of the perceivers and investigators.

So the more we can suppress 'noise', the better chance of detecting 'signal'. So far, the track record of mainstream ufology, in my view, falls far short of what it could be.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Excellent stable video of later ascent phase with very clear spiral formation and expansion

ngs42.ru...

new topics

top topics

join