It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is Russia Gearing Up for Something Bigger?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vilkata

. No one notices Russia gearing up for DEFENCE against the US who wants to use a proxy to fight the Russians so the US can grab their oil pipeline and strangle Europe as much as they need to to force them to continue to use the US dollar as a reserve currency.

In the meantime they will have taken down Russia leaving China alone and isolated That's why they want we Australians to start spending more on offense so that we can bolster the US control of south east Asia and help the US encircle China in readiness to take China down. Then the US will own the whole world.

What's next?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Russia is going to cut off our Vodka supply.

Most of the vodka drank in the US is domestic and the top shelf stuff is likely Scandinavian or other European.

...and barely any of it is produced from potatoes. Nearly all is grain based. Worked the liquor trade many years...i can count the number of potato based vodkas on one hand.

As for the Russians, they are ffinally solidifying power and economic structure after the decades long recovery from the last of the Communist days of the USSR. ..reaffirming old allies and making new markets.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
When I heard about Russia admonishing a large part of Cubas debt I was also thinking along these lines, sounds like there paving the way for the Cuban missile crisis 2.0 We may already be in a new cold war. It's like one big game of chess.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo
In the end the USA are not psychologically ready to accept the concept of a real world war inflicted upon them and on the US soil. All these times and even in world war 1 & 2 there's never been any major attack on US mainland. This lead to a false sense of security and the US leaders think they can mess around with the world without ruining their land.

Witness how USA trying to provoke russia into a regional war. the US leaders assume the next war with russia will happen on European soil and not on US soil. So they keep provoking and provoking thinking that if worse come to worst it will be the european that shoulder the damage from the war.

im sure in the next war , there will be attacks on US mainland designed to morally destroy the american public will to fight. There wont be any help coming from EU as these European will stay back and they will support anyone who win the war.

WHAT? That's absurd! Do you know what happened the last time a country attacked our country unprovoked? We entered WWII. If a country wants to destroy our citizens' moral support for a war, the last thing they'd want to do is bring the fight home to us so that we are fighting for our lives. Being on the defensive only makes you fight harder, not give up. You know nothing of military tactics if you think that this plan would work.

Why would the Europeans sit back and wait for the end of the war? They are obliged to help us through treaties. Also remember, Europe isn't the only allies we have. There is also Canada, Japan, S. Korea, Australia. You are painting a picture that just won't happen.

The Enemies of USA wont be foolishly stand toe-to-toe against US military , they will attack USA from all front especially the major weakness of USA , their economy. The current status of Dollar as world reserve currency will be shaken and once it fall it will be like an avalance when every other nation in the world dump US Dollars.. Without funding the great military might of USA will be reduced to rusted skeletons in massive military graveyards all around the world. With the Economy and military might of USA gone, the Leaders of the world will be the EU again and the remaining US assets will be divided amongst the victors.

We are already in World War 3. Currently in the Economic Wars Phase. The Shooting Phase will be in the near future.. Grab the popcorn now !

You do realize that if the US economy falls then the EU would follow right along behind it right? In fact, chances are with the way our economy is setup, if it falls the WHOLE world will follow behind it. Destroying our economy will literally reset the economies of every country in the world, including our enemies. Guess what it won't reset though? Military technology. Even if our economy is devastated, we still have more tech and training than any other country and plenty of reserves to turtle up and fight defensively for a while, while our enemies run out of supplies.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Russia is desperately trying to stay relevant in a world that has passed it by. It's great advantages were always its massive population that could be forced into battle either by loyalty or threat and its huge territory that allowed it to give lots of ground while it wore down its enemies. Today Russia is ounumber by the Chinese in the east and NATO in the west. I no longer has the massive territory to give ground and its military has proven to more that willing to desert at any time.

Russia has been working to reform its military because when it invaded Geogia it ran into problems like having to pull back air support because they kepy being shot down by their own forces and nobody had a way to communivate between the ground and air forces, their version of a GPS system failed and units were lost all over the place, tanks were found that the reative armour was empty because soldiers had sold the explosives inside on the black market, units existed on paper but not in reality etc. Russia has worked to fix these things but massive corruption has limited what it can do. In Ukraine only Russia elite units have been used because who knows what the rest of the Army is capable of doing.

The other problem is the Russians can design weapons systems but, do to the loss of trained workers in the defense industry newly produced weapons systems tend to be poorly put together and defective.

Globaly Russia has lost almost everything. Cuba, Venezuela, Syria are all on the verge of being falied states. Iran has seen Russian weakness and moved to talk to the west on its own. The Arab states once loyal Russian allies now hate the Russians for supporting Assad and Iran. Africa once solid territory for Russia has become divided into US/UK/French client states and now tied as a group through NATO and AU cooperation agreements. Europe is completely lost. Russias actions have driven the remaining non NATO states into NATOs arms. It has even managed to drive most of the former Soviet states into the arms of the West and China. And to make matters worse Russia claims to be China's best friend while at the same time selling weapons to China's rivals in India and Vietnam. Something that China is very aware of thus its lack of support for Russia most of the time.

Russia has big problems. Putin has become the man of symbolic actions that he can sell as great victories at home but, tend to just make Russia position in the world even worse.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo

originally posted by: Vilkata
Ok, so here is a possible way to interpret recent events.

Old news for most on here, the US is on the verge of economic collapse and in several extended wars with no end in sight. Russia has been steadily but quietly rebuilding.

The American disarmament of Syrian chemical capabilities is an example of the US trying to maintain dominance over Russian allies in the region.

Russia pays off Snowden to spill embarrassing info on the US government just in time to put them on the defensive while the Russians have the added distraction of the Olympics. No one notices them gearing up for war.

Shortly after, apparently unrelated to each other, uprisings in Ukraine allow Russia to annex large amounts of the country, followed by uprisings in Iraq diminish American holdings. Each of these uprisings has been undertaken by apparently local but well trained and armed groups.

What's next?

Your questiion should be : which another military adventure will US trying to start ?

Russia is defending its nation from NATO's illegal enroachment of Ukraine.. USA is playing with fire with their cover involvment in Ukraine.. Just wait for the expected vengeance via terrorist proxy in US soil later in the near future.. where Russia+China+Iran collaborate to destabilize US security by activating their terrorist cells inside USA..

You now know the reason why Homeland Security boought so any ammunition ..
Russia is not defending anything but just invading a nearby country, where local population overthrew its corrupted puppet.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Russia is desperately trying to stay relevant in a world that has passed it by. It's great advantages were always its massive population that could be forced into battle either by loyalty or threat and its huge territory that allowed it to give lots of ground while it wore down its enemies. Today Russia is ounumber by the Chinese in the east and NATO in the west. I no longer has the massive territory to give ground and its military has proven to more that willing to desert at any time.

Russia has been working to reform its military because when it invaded Geogia it ran into problems like having to pull back air support because they kepy being shot down by their own forces and nobody had a way to communivate between the ground and air forces, their version of a GPS system failed and units were lost all over the place, tanks were found that the reative armour was empty because soldiers had sold the explosives inside on the black market, units existed on paper but not in reality etc. Russia has worked to fix these things but massive corruption has limited what it can do. In Ukraine only Russia elite units have been used because who knows what the rest of the Army is capable of doing.

The other problem is the Russians can design weapons systems but, do to the loss of trained workers in the defense industry newly produced weapons systems tend to be poorly put together and defective.

Globaly Russia has lost almost everything. Cuba, Venezuela, Syria are all on the verge of being falied states. Iran has seen Russian weakness and moved to talk to the west on its own. The Arab states once loyal Russian allies now hate the Russians for supporting Assad and Iran. Africa once solid territory for Russia has become divided into US/UK/French client states and now tied as a group through NATO and AU cooperation agreements. Europe is completely lost. Russias actions have driven the remaining non NATO states into NATOs arms. It has even managed to drive most of the former Soviet states into the arms of the West and China. And to make matters worse Russia claims to be China's best friend while at the same time selling weapons to China's rivals in India and Vietnam. Something that China is very aware of thus its lack of support for Russia most of the time.

Russia has big problems. Putin has become the man of symbolic actions that he can sell as great victories at home but, tend to just make Russia position in the world even worse.

Elephant in the room: China.
In Venezuela they are much more important anti-West partner than Russia.
On the plus side for Russia, the West is not willing to spend too much at containing Russia, because recognizes it as a country which is not no. 1 rival, but a declining local power.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The only "declining" power in this conversation is the United States. Lowest troop levels since prior to ww2. Highest debt to gdp ratio ever. Lowest troop morale ever. Lowest support for the government ever. Lowest credit rating ever. Least amount of friends around the world ever. 130 nations just signed business deals and agreements, and none of those deals and agreements was with the United States. I recall a certain fiasco when we raided Iraq when people were forking up their own money to get helmets for our troops. That's right, some of our troops didn't even have appropriate helmets. Bombing Iraq, Libya, Vietnam, Korea into the stone ages isn't an example of military prowess.

America is becoming more irrelevant everyday. I live here I know. We can't even protect our southern border. Protecting borders is part of what militaries have been used for going back thousands of years. Just because we have good equipment and fancy technology doesn't meant that the people in charge aren't complete and total idiots. As long as you have idiots running the show no technological edge is great enough. Someone could walk a nuke across our border right now. Someone could walk an army into our country right now. Border's wide open. Border patrol's off changing diapers and doing paperwork.

In the real world big strong bullies get knocked out all the time. I don't know why war would be any different. Not respecting the strength of your opponent has led to many crushing defeats throughout history. Ironically most of those crushing defeats were dealt by Russia. Old jailhose proverb " You can't do a pushup with your chin". Translation....you can make all your muscles as big and strong as you want for the purpose of punching, but that won't make you any more capable of taking a punch. United States has a glass jaw. It just never gets tested.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The civllians would be down mil spec gear is shielded from that and SUBMARINES will respond rather quickly,not to mention EMP will not stop GUNS once we find out WHO did it from orbit.
Nor mentioning AT ALL what EXACTLY we have in orbit.
We still are better at killing than the rest,our numbers, tech and skills prove it.

This is what I mean, MAD, let's see how that works out for you, eh?

Blaming any one group/country for the event would probably be politically motivated rather than based on facts. But you also have to consider the world view of the American people, they don't want the cost of an offshore war and they certainly don't want to be invaded by either a foreign or domestic military, so I think you are going to see full blown revolution. At that point, US military would begin to splinter as troops would want the ability to at least save their own town/family/etc. which creates an additional incoming/attacking "superior force" problem in a ground war.

I can imagine what is in orbit as I developed laser assisted EMP/plasma weapons in the 80's for the military, the tech was transferred to the US in 1988 ;-) The US better at killing? Maybe indiscriminate killing. When I was overseas, to use a metaphor, we always used sniper rifles, not shotguns. The people I worked with were 5th column special forces/recon (almost 30 years ago now), targets were "retired" from large groups with NO physical collateral damage, they were "surgical" operations. Our jobs were to stop terrorism, not to create it by killing whole families, whole blocks or entire towns to support our jobs further into the future by creating more enemies.

The US has been very sloppy in its management of situations and I am concerned that those "chickens are going to come home to roost" and drag down the rest of North America. The government has outright lied to the American people on every occasion they could, meaning on everything and people are not happy. Of course this has been driven by the corporate "empire building" position the US government has taken in its foreign policy due to the rampant corruption in government and the banking sector. More and more, people are beginning to realize and understand that the political and financial topography the US is promoting is a fraudulent model, specifically designed to enrich the few and bankrupt the many.

It would not surprise me in the least if the US government actually bombed their own citizens as depicted in the TV series "Jericho" as a reason to start this entire ball rolling. Bush will be in Paraguay, Obama in Kenya, the Clintonistas in China with Maurice Strong and Al Gore, and out of harm's way, leaving everyone else to suffer the games of their puppet masters. The exodus has already started you know with major players buying and building compounds in areas that should be out of the fray and dance of war ;-)

I believe the economic collapse is close upon us and that we will see the final crescendo in the fall of this year, next year at the latest, either by good ole fashioned stupidity, negligence or design. If and when the "lights go off" in the US, the US has already lost and it's only a matter of time. Like I said, the Chinese will sit back and wait, and in the end they will "own" North America and there is not a damned thing anyone can do about it. That time has passed through the apathy of the citizenry and arrogance of the government, so y'all might wanna learn Mandarin.

I rarely say anything "religious," but in the Bible it says "the living will envy the dead" and I think that is a realistic view should all of this transpire. May God have mercy on our souls.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/17.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Since we are ALL getting pounded from all levels we still have a country THAT is what I am for in life otherwise I'm afraid that would be a bad thing. God put guys like ME here to fight as called I have and will, it's the second best thing I am good at.
I say we got it. YOU know a piece of the truth that is interesting. but the largest 5th column on the planet isn't dead yet,and it would HAVE to be.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: Vilkata

Well if self-fulfilling prophecy has anything to say about it, I'd say the Russians and either ISIS or the Saudis are going to stomp the crap out of Israel. It would be the card I would play, if I were Putin.

It collapses the world financial markets, forces the US and Europe to either submit or go balls to wall because of MAD. I am quite sure the US puppet government would rush to support Israel and blame it on Iran and/or ISIS. The US would probably launch a strike on Iran and/or ISIS in which case, of course the Russians would retaliate with probably EMP weapons sending the US back to the stone age. The last chess pieces might just be being moved on the board. China will sit back, laugh and wait for the dust to clear.
Cheers - Dave

Disagree. The Obama admin will sit on its hands and do nothing for Israel.

big question; how connected is Russia to the islamofascists (ISIS, hamas, etc)?
Interesting; Bible prophecy students suspect Russia and Iran will war against Israel one day.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Uh, you grab the popcorn. I personally wouldn't find any of your scenarios very entertaining.
Might need an anti-anxiety/psychotic to go with that popcorn!

Very backwards thinking.............. sorry.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch
The only "declining" power in this conversation is the United States. Lowest troop levels since prior to ww2. Highest debt to gdp ratio ever. Lowest troop morale ever. Lowest support for the government ever. Lowest credit rating ever. Least amount of friends around the world ever. 130 nations just signed business deals and agreements, and none of those deals and agreements was with the United States. I recall a certain fiasco when we raided Iraq when people were forking up their own money to get helmets for our troops. That's right, some of our troops didn't even have appropriate helmets. Bombing Iraq, Libya, Vietnam, Korea into the stone ages isn't an example of military prowess.

America is becoming more irrelevant everyday. I live here I know. We can't even protect our southern border. Protecting borders is part of what militaries have been used for going back thousands of years. Just because we have good equipment and fancy technology doesn't meant that the people in charge aren't complete and total idiots. As long as you have idiots running the show no technological edge is great enough. Someone could walk a nuke across our border right now. Someone could walk an army into our country right now. Border's wide open. Border patrol's off changing diapers and doing paperwork.

In the real world big strong bullies get knocked out all the time. I don't know why war would be any different. Not respecting the strength of your opponent has led to many crushing defeats throughout history. Ironically most of those crushing defeats were dealt by Russia. Old jailhose proverb " You can't do a pushup with your chin". Translation....you can make all your muscles as big and strong as you want for the purpose of punching, but that won't make you any more capable of taking a punch. United States has a glass jaw. It just never gets tested.

You are bit exaggerating. From the collapse of the SU the USA was the top superpower with no power able to contest it. Now the situation is just moving towards normal power play with more than one powerful player. Economically speaking now there are 3 economic powers EU (absolutely not working politically on federal level), USA (rather not working politically on federal level) and China. Plus smaller players like remaining part of BRIC or Japan.

I would not give top grades to the USA for quality of governance, but its ability of accepting returning coffins wrapped in flag was very good comparing to other western countries.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Russia is gearing up for the attack that America is preparing for it. America plans a nuclear first strike on Russia. Why else would America surround Russia with new NATO members when it promised not to? Why else would America surround Russia with ABM systems which are designed to intercept ballistic missiles in the boost phase, right after they leave their silos, when America promised not to? Why is America starting wars with all of Russia's allies and attempting regime change in those countries? Peak oil happened in 1979. Russia has a lot of oil. Saudi Arabia's oil fields are going dry. That is why they are expending resources on offshore drilling. Peak oil is the reason we now have things like tar sands and shale oil. It is very expensive to get the oil from these sources. Hydraulic fracturing (fracking) of the shale oil produces earthquakes. This destabilizes already existing fault zones. Hell, they are even fracking on the San Andreas. This should show you how bad the oil situation is. Russia is more than twice as large as the US with much more oil and much less of a population (oil consumers). Russia does not need to go to war all of the time to control the price of and access to oil. The United States needs to do that. We have reached the point where the US is attempting to control Russia's oil.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

totally disagree. Obama isn't going to war against anyone (except maybe the Tea Party). His administration doesn't care about oil, otherwise they'd allow the Keystone Pipeline and more drilling in federal areas.
Even Republicans don't have the least bit of interest in a continental war in Europe against anybody. (If Russia attacks us, a la Pearl harbor, yes, but they aren't that stupid).
Europe is wringing it's pacifist hands. Putin is throwing his armed weight around and no one is standing up to him. I'm amazed Ukraine is still an independent country.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

One of my Taekwondo instructors is a lad from Kiev. All of his family still resides there. The feeling he and his family is getting is that Ukrainians want nothing to do with the Russian Federation, considering the death toll their families went through during Holodomor. Everyone he speaks with, at least in in Western Ukraine, are willing to fight tooth and nail to remove any Russian influence.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack
a reply to: cavtrooper7

One of my Taekwondo instructors is a lad from Kiev. All of his family still resides there. The feeling he and his family is getting is that Ukrainians want nothing to do with the Russian Federation, considering the death toll their families went through during Holodomor. Everyone he speaks with, at least in in Western Ukraine, are willing to fight tooth and nail to remove any Russian influence.

The people in the east are a different people. They speak Russian. Ukraine was a country of Ukrainian speakers in the west and Russian speakers in the east. The democratically elected leader of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovich, was from Donetsk in the east. He had huge support from this area. That is how he got elected. He wanted to maintain friendship with Russia. Those in the west, Kiev, wanted to leave Russia and join the EU because they don't like Russians or Ukrainians who speak Russian. When the US overthrew the government of Yanukovich after spending $5 billion of US taxpayer money, the first thing the fascists did was to outlaw speaking Russian, the language spoken by the entire eastern half of the country. This was a message that genocide was about to commence, which it has. Now everyone in the US and EU says that those living in the east should give up their arms, not be allowed to govern themselves, and be forced to live under a government that forbids them to speak their own language and murders them.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
What is the REAL position of the Ukraine people in this mess?

The Ukrains are stuck inbetween the Battle between the US/EU and Russia. The Ukrains are being pushed by both sides.

This is not just a Battle between ukrainians. It is much bigger.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

NO WE DON'T,Stay armed and PROTECT yourselves this smells totally EU to me.I want you LEFT THE HELL ALONE,to decide what YOU want...BUT we elected a nutball somehow....

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adaluncatif
Russia is gearing up for the attack that America is preparing for it. America plans a nuclear first strike on Russia.

Why does everyone assume nukes are our best weapon still. The truth is, we have some much money funneled into black budget projects that it alone makes any single other nations military budgets look ridiculous by comparison. Is questionable whether our more secret things even rely on oil. No one knows what we really have, anything we do know actively know is outdated by default.

The other countries know this. Russia knows this, China knows this. We're in major debt everywhere, by all accounts economically we could in theory be destroyed, we should be, but we aren't and we won't be. Why because no one has the balls, no one that actually can anyway, to back the US into a corner where we are forced to go full throttle with everything we have.

Problem is at the same time, all these other countries have to be nervous, because we have this huge military unknown that's been building and advancing through the years, and a country that's losing resources and facing economic collapse. So why are they building up their armies, and gearing for war? Because the U.S. is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off, and when we do they hope and pray they can gear up enough to not be decimated by the fall of the U.S. full military might in motion.

Economics in the end don't really matter. Attack the U.S. economy it just speeds up the inevitable. Eventually the U.S will have to solve it's economic problem, and there's one sure way to do it, war. The U.S. I believe has been gearing up for world conquest for who knows how long, why else do we need such a ridiculously large military and so much money funded into black budget projects no one knows about.

When the U.S makes it's move, I don't think oil will be the reason for it, not really, not in the we need it sense anyway. If anything I think everyone's dependance on oil will be their downfall. Think about it, why is the U.S. really so concerned with keeping everyone using oil? I mean really? Why do we guzzle down the world's oil at a faster and faster rate? Why do we keep the world focused on these little wars. It's all a big ruse while we finish the big guns and put everyone else in a position where they rely on a resource they will run out of.

The question is which comes first, do our enemies decide to attack first, and hope it's not already too late and all our pieces haven't already been set, or do they gamble that we've honestly been wasting all those resources and our military is decades ahead of everyone else, and that when oil runs out our military will be as bad off as theirs?

Really if we assume everyone will wait til we are seriously out of oil to try and find new ways to power things, then the only thing a nation needs to ultimately win with very little fight is a technological army that doesn't rely on oil. That's it. If only your jets fly, your tanks fire, your drones function, if only you have a functional technology and your enemy does not, then you win by default.

All china's army for example really means in modern warfare is more dead bodies per missile. That's it. If they do not have the technological equivalence, no matter how many soldiers or outdated equipment they possess, it's a lost battle.

Until we actually know what the U.S. actually has in it's black budget projects, there is no real way to predict what will happen in a world war.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join