It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First wave of deportations begins amid immigration crisis:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well it looks like at least a few of the newly migrating immigrants from Central America are "going home".

Deportations are starting and even the DHS Secretary is attempting to cast a new image.

Hope this isn't just window dressing to make people feel "comfortable".

Plane-loads of children and single mothers are returned to Central America from overwhelmed New Mexico detention center

The U.S. deported Honduran children as young as 1-1/2 years old on Monday in the first flight since President Obama pledged to speed up the process of sending back illegal immigrant minors from Central America.

The Artesia Center was opened in barracks of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. It eventually will hold about 700 women and children.

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson visited the facility in a visit that seemed crafted to show detainees that America is not the welcoming place they may have thought.

First wave of deportations begins amid immigration crisis:

related story;
First wave of deportations begins amid immigration crisis: Plane-loads of children and single mothers are returned to Central America from overwhelmed New Mexico detention center

Nubia, a 6-year-old girl among the deportees, said she left Honduras a month ago for a journey that ended when she and her mother were caught on the Mexico-Texas border two weeks later.

'Horrible, cold and tiring,' was how Nubia remembered the trip that was meant to unite the pair with her three uncles already living in the United States.

Instead, her mother Dalia paid $7,000 in vain to a coyote, or guide, to smuggle them both across the border.

Does anybody else wonder how the h-e-l-l somebody so "desolate" gets $7,000 ???????

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What ???

40-of-80,000 ??? ... ( current estimated guess )

Relocations of Unaccompanied Immigrant Minors

-
OPINION: There's YET a ... Long Row to Hoe

edit on 15-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: YES! ... Where did the $7,000 come from ???

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

My personal feeling. A little oil to silence the squeaking wheel. Toss a few back so we don't focus on the thousands upon thousands, staying. I should do some research to see if it's more difficult to legalize Hondurans to vote in the U.S.

I know I sound jaded...but living in America for 63 years, has made me this way...

Des

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There will be a small, high profile, token deportation of a few unlucky individuals. There is no intention of deporting any significant number of these invaders. It will be decided that they would be in mortal danger if they were sent back home. A wonder what will happen if it turns out that they are in mortal danger if they stay here? An invader is an invader, no matter what their age.,a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A small group of children who either entered with their mothers or a relative in Honduras was identified. The overall number of the unaccompanied children will end up staying in the U.S. if a relative can be found. Others will be fostered and/or adopted.

That's the law of the land in regards to children from non-contiguous countries.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Many people have been very vocal, saying we need to deport as many of these folks as we can. And now that it appears that is exactly what is happening, it's only for show or only because it's harder to get a Honduran the right to vote?

*facepalm*

I'm so sick of this issue.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Many people have been very vocal, saying we need to deport as many of these folks as we can. And now that it appears that is exactly what is happening, it's only for show or only because it's harder to get a Honduran the right to vote?

*facepalm*

I'm so sick of this issue.

Well excuse me if I don't jump up and do the happy dance. That won't happen until I see a steady stream of airplanes heading back over our border packed to the max, with those being sent back to their own countries.

And, legislation implemented that stops the flow being located in our cities now.

When all of the above happens...then, and only then, will I jump up and do this...

Des

edit on 15-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the first thing that came to mind re: where someone completely destitute might find $7000 to pay a coyote---a loan shark probably associated with said coyote, or from a cartel. I had an African friend in Switzerland, and he said in his country (Nigeria), if you get deported back you might just "never show up" at the airport back home. I hope anyone we've invited up who gets deported doesn't face the same. As pissed as I am about the situation, lots of the individuals are just looking for the America we're looking for---its the collective mass that needs observation, and the leadership (or lack thereof).

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

A start. Not a good start, but a start none the less.

All illegals need to be deported.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
First wave of deportations begins amid immigration crisis

Woo hoo !

Only 10-30 million more to go!

Er.

Wake me up when it's over.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's pretty pathetic when you rejoice in the misfortune of children. Children fleeing violence and poverty, largely as the result of US 'intervention' over the last forty years.

www.prisonradio.org... has a short piece on the subject (audio - right pane top) called I heard this morning called "When Chrildren Are the Enemy"

Did you know, there was a bill introduced into congress called the Wagner-Rogers Bill to take in Jewish children during WWII - it was defeated.

Ugly American - Indeed.

Blown Back from around the world is coming.... better get your guns ready .... want to take out as many of them as you can before they get you. Because they will win.
edit on 15-7-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Yeah it is pathetic.

So where is the faux outrage when it comes to American citizens that currently live in poverty in this country.

Like Chicago, and Detroit, and other progressive 'utopias' in this country.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
It's pretty pathetic when you rejoice in the misfortune of children. Children fleeing violence and poverty, largely as the result of US 'intervention' over the last forty years.

www.prisonradio.org... has a short piece on the subject (audio - right pane top) called I heard this morning called "When Chrildren Are the Enemy"

Did you know, there was a bill introduced into congress called the Wagner-Rogers Bill to take in Jewish children during WWII - it was defeated.

Ugly American - Indeed.

Blown Back from around the world is coming.... better get your guns ready .... want to take out as many of them as you can before they get you. Because they will win.

Simple solution. You pay for every single one of them. I don't have any more money to give to illegals in my Country.

YOU PAY FOR IT ALL...see how simple that was. Problem solved...

Des

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Simple solution was not to pass NAFTA, and arm drug cartels in South, and Central America.

But nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The repeal of NAFTA, and Enforce the border would be a HUGE start in solving the illegal immigration issue.

Since NAFTA there has been MORE not LESS illegal immigration.
edit on 15-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Do you think the "money" part is suspicious ?

Where are these people getting $7000 a piece to "get over the border" ?

Who's behind the money ?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Who's behind the money ?

hmmm...maybe a round trip ticket from Uncle Obama?

Des

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Who's behind the money ?

Des

Or there's financing from NGOs like Soros etc. ?

And maybe pro-illegal-immigration groups ?

I doubt those "desolate" people aren't using their own money.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Who's behind the money ?

For a supposed group of 'poor' people they sure do have lot's of cash.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah it is pathetic.

So where is the faux outrage when it comes to American citizens that currently live in poverty in this country.

Like Chicago, and Detroit, and other progressive 'utopias' in this country.

I am capable of begin outrages over both, and working to improve the situations for both. Perhaps you are not, keep working at it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Who's behind the money ?

There are groups funding relef.

My point here is not logistical - but MORAL. What happened to CHARITY? as in FAITH, HOPE and CHARITY the 'compassionate' conservatives in the 70's and 80's co=opted and changed the christian motto to FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE (don't do anything - Just luv them).

Des

Or there's financing from NGOs like Soros etc. ?

And maybe pro-illegal-immigration groups ?

I doubt those "desolate" people aren't using their own money.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join