It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do peole think that Jesus was god?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I hadn't planned on taking part in this thread, theres been so many over the years, but I admit its hard to resist

The important part is that Jesus was the Savior, the Messiah, the Christ, the doorway to eternity, the Narrow Gate. THAT is what salvation hinges upon.

What makes him all of those things is the message he brought to the world... without which he would be none of the above

link   

originally posted by: Jim Scott

Who sanctifies man?
Father Jude 1
Son Tit 2:14
Spirit I Pet 1:2
God Ex 31:13
Persons of God do: Of the Father, by the Son, through the Spirit 1 Cor:8:6, John 15:26

You left out 1Corinthians 7:14 in your list of who sanctifies whom.

link   

Umm can you show me where Elijah will raise everyone up on the last day?

You can also feel free to dispute the list of verses I put on the other page proving Jesus is God.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I think it's not being educated on scripture.
The Lord's Prayer is referring to God, our FATHER, who art in heaven ...
Jesus is not God, never has been.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I hadn't planned on taking part in this thread, theres been so many over the years, but I admit its hard to resist

I know the feeling - why am I up in the middle of the night tossing around a theology that in the end will make no difference, nor sway anyone's beliefs one way of the other? The only answer I can come up with is the irresistiibility factor!

The important part is that Jesus was the Savior, the Messiah, the Christ, the doorway to eternity, the Narrow Gate. THAT is what salvation hinges upon.

What makes him all of those things is the message he brought to the world... without which he would be none of the above

I know, and yet we still have people who argue over whether he was the messenger or the originator, and entirely lose the message in the shuffle.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: Jim Scott

Who sanctifies man?
Father Jude 1
Son Tit 2:14
Spirit I Pet 1:2
God Ex 31:13
Persons of God do: Of the Father, by the Son, through the Spirit 1 Cor:8:6, John 15:26

You left out 1Corinthians 7:14 in your list of who sanctifies whom.

Except the word used in your verse is different than in the verses he mentioned. It also shows your lack of understanding as to what "sanctify" means. It means set apart. So what is being said is having a believing spouse sets them apart in a unique way that a person without a believing spouse does not have.

Your twisting of it to mean they become holy is ludicrous, and contradicts everything in scripture.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

and i want 5 loaves and 2 fishes

Jesus feeding 5000 people is my favorite story from bible lol

peace

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You can also feel free to dispute the list of verses I put on the other page proving Jesus is God.

How many dead must one raise before it's established that he is raising the dead?

Which list of verses "proving" Jesus is God? Gimme a link, and maybe I'll have a go at disputing 'em, maybe I won't. Depends on how bored I get, or maybe if I can find any particular reason that it matters in the long run.

If I get REALLY bored tonight, I reckon I can hunt them back down on my own.

link   

originally posted by: violet
I think it's not being educated on scripture.
The Lord's Prayer is referring to God, our FATHER, who art in heaven ...
Jesus is not God, never has been.

You are welcome to refute the numerous verses I have posted saying He is.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

How many dead must one raise before it's established that he is raising the dead?

Which list of verses "proving" Jesus is God? Gimme a link, and maybe I'll have a go at disputing 'em, maybe I won't. Depends on how bored I get, or maybe if I can find any particular reason that it matters in the long run.

If I get REALLY bored tonight, I reckon I can hunt them back down on my own.

Elijah did not raise any. He asked God to do it. Jesus said HE will do it.

1Ki 17:21
Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried out to the LORD, “LORD my God, let this boy’s life return to him!”

How about this verse?

Jhn 8:57
“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”
Jhn 8:58
“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
(refer to Exo 3:14)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I know the feeling - why am I up in the middle of the night tossing around a theology that in the end will make no difference, nor sway anyone's beliefs one way of the other? The only answer I can come up with is the irresistiibility factor!

I think my imagination gets the best of me with these threads... I really want to reach through the screen and slap some people... sigh

I know, and yet we still have people who argue over whether he was the messenger or the originator, and entirely lose the message in the shuffle.

I would like to see one person come up with a verse that has Jesus saying "this was my will"... not my Father's

Poor guy couldn't even beg "the Father" to spare him...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Show me that when your legs move it is their will, not your brains. Feel free to respond to the verse I posted where Jesus says he is I Am.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That doesn't mean He is God...

It means Before Abraham he existed... Just as Abraham "lived" to see his day...

Just as WE existed before this incarnation...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Except the word used in your verse is different than in the verses he mentioned. It also shows your lack of understanding as to what "sanctify" means. It means set apart. So what is being said is having a believing spouse sets them apart in a unique way that a person without a believing spouse does not have.

Your twisting of it to mean they become holy is ludicrous, and contradicts everything in scripture.

14 ηγιασται γαρ ο ανηρ ο απιστος εν τη γυναικι και ηγιασται η γυνη η απιστος εν τω ανδρι επει αρα τα τεκνα υμων ακαθαρτα εστιν νυν δε αγια εστιν 1 Corinthians 7:14 (Textus Receptus (1550/1894))

14 For the vnbeleeuing husband is sanctified to the wife, and the vnbeleeuing wife is sanctified to the husband, els were your children vncleane: but nowe are they holie. 1 Corinthians 7:14 (Geneva Bible (1599))

"Hagios" - sacred, pure, morally blameless, consecrated, most holy(thing)... what sort of "sanctification" are YOU referring to? Is there another kind?

edit on 2014/7/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

That doesn't mean He is God...

It means Before Abraham he existed... Just as Abraham "lived" to see his day...

Just as WE existed before this incarnation...

Ummm no. Perhaps you should look up and see what I Am is a reference to and get back to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

LOL

As if I have no clue right?

And besides this point... the OT god wasn't the Father to begin with...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Jesus prays to his Father in heaven while on earth as a human.
John the Baptist differentiates between the Father and the Son.
Satan tempts Jesus to call on his Father to turn rock into bread,
Satan wants to be like The Most High, which is Jesus position, he doesn't ever hope to Be The Most High as that would be impossible as a creation himself, just as Jesus could never be the Most High himself. God has no beginning and no end whereas Jesus has a Father, therefore a beginning.

Mankind is a unique creation involving the co creation of both Father and Son, and in the image of them no less.
It does not say the angels have either of those two distinctions, especially the "in the image of" part, the only other work of God with that distinction is the Son of God, but that was a solo project.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

14 ηγιασται γαρ ο ανηρ ο απιστος εν τη γυναικι και ηγιασται η γυνη η απιστος εν τω ανδρι επει αρα τα τεκνα υμων ακαθαρτα εστιν νυν δε αγια εστιν 1 Corinthians 7:14 (Textus Receptus (1550/1894))

14 For the vnbeleeuing husband is sanctified to the wife, and the vnbeleeuing wife is sanctified to the husband, els were your children vncleane: but nowe are they holie. 1 Corinthians 7:14 (Geneva Bible (1599))

"Hagios" - sacred, pure, morally blameless, consecrated, most holy(thing)... what sort of "sanctification" are YOU referring to? Is there another kind?

Completely and utterly false.

First, it's hagiazo in that verse, not hagios.
Second, one of the definitions is to separate, or set apart. Usually it would be in reference to setting apart for God. Since that would then make the person a believer, not an unbeliever, that can not be the case. What is being said is that the non-believer of the believing spouse is different due to the daily influence their spouse exerts on them bringing God into their life even though they themselves reject God.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So the OT God, the great I Am is not God either ... well who is He then?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This is a case of understanding the trinity.

Look it up if you don't understand, or read the bible.....even google it.

Criticizing a whole belief system because you don't understand it is a little ignorant.

I don't understand Islam, I don't criticize it either. Muslims have their reason for believing it, who am I to judge them for it?

We all believe different things...blaming beliefs for the hate in this world is daft, as many non believers are throwing the hate and critisism around just because they dont understand...as we see here.

Chill out. Let people believe what they want. How on earth can people get so up tight about something they dont even believe in?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join