It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hypothetical for the Freemasons.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: November5
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Hmm, you know what? It was wrong of me to say that, I apologize. I have some strange [thought~form associations] in my mind still. And sometimes I talk before I think. I'm working on it, and for the record it wasn't anything relevant at all. Thanks for pointing me to that website tho. I am intrigued. What might I learn if I were to reg there? How do you think they might receive this kind of question?

I think they would be very respectful and honest .

Why don't you just look up your local lodge and maybe set up a time you can meet a member ?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: November5

Also if you have any questions you can Ask the member

(Network Dude )

He's a mason and a really cool down to earth guy.

Send him a message

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Twilight zone as in a change of reality since most everything I see of Freemasonry is that it is the antithesis of what it is accused of. I was being sarcastic.

I have yet to hear a standardized version of what "upper echelon" or "higher level", so again being sarcastic, I decided to say that I was. I am in a lot of bodies though:

- Master Mason (highest degree in Masonry)
- Master and Past Master of my Blue Lodge
- Presided over the Chapter of Royal Arch, Council of Cryptic Masons, and Commandery of Knights Templar (include chair degrees)
- Past Patron of a Chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star
- Grand officer in the Grand Chapter of Idaho (RAM) and Grand Council of Idaho (Cryptic Masons)
- Preceptor in a York Rite College
- Orator in a Conclave of the Red Cross of Constantine
- Sentinel in a Council of Knight Masons
- Secretary in a Chapel of the Commemorative Order of St. Thomas of Acon
- Orator in a Valley of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite (SJ)
- Sentinel in a Priory of the Knights of the York Cross of Honor
- Member of Council of the Allied Masonic Degrees (AMD), Royal Order of Scotland, Order of Bath, Ye Antient Order of Corks, Order of the Sword of Bunker Hill, Grand College of Rites, and Ohio Asylum of Research

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I would be far too nervous to meet with a Mason in person at this point in time. I experience anxiety when meeting new people, and can't keep my head straight. But I have considered it.

Network dude eh? I'll have to try and figure out a better question for him first!

Thanks man!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
Twilight zone as in a change of reality since most everything I see of Freemasonry is that it is the antithesis of what it is accused of. I was being sarcastic.

I have yet to hear a standardized version of what "upper echelon" or "higher level", so again being sarcastic, I decided to say that I was. I am in a lot of bodies though:

- Master Mason (highest degree in Masonry)
- Master and Past Master of my Blue Lodge
- Presided over the Chapter of Royal Arch, Council of Cryptic Masons, and Commandery of Knights Templar (include chair degrees)
- Past Patron of a Chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star
- Grand officer in the Grand Chapter of Idaho (RAM) and Grand Council of Idaho (Cryptic Masons)
- Preceptor in a York Rite College
- Orator in a Conclave of the Red Cross of Constantine
- Sentinel in a Council of Knight Masons
- Secretary in a Chapel of the Commemorative Order of St. Thomas of Acon
- Orator in a Valley of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite (SJ)
- Sentinel in a Priory of the Knights of the York Cross of Honor
- Member of Council of the Allied Masonic Degrees (AMD), Royal Order of Scotland, Order of Bath, Ye Antient Order of Corks, Order of the Sword of Bunker Hill, Grand College of Rites, and Ohio Asylum of Research

Wow! That's a pretty impressive resume, where do you find the time for all that?

By upper echelon, I just meant the people who tend to the financial and administrative aspects of the Lodges. The ones who would be privvy to the secrets, if the secrets did in fact exist.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'm pretty good at budgeting my time and finances.

Well, I'm the Master of my Lodge (first repeat in 98-years in my Lodge).

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Thanks very much for the compliment.

As far as the OP goes, hypothetically, if for some reason I found that there was an evil cabal inside of freemasonry, I would do everything I could to expose it and rid it from existence. But as has been said, that's exactly opposite of what freemasonry is. We have a tried, true, and tested governmental system in place. The Newest master mason has as much a say in what happens as the oldest member. A true democracy. We elect officials to a 1 year term, (3 years for DDGM since he gets real silverware and plates) (Oh, and I think DDGL the District deputy grand lecturer.)

And please, don't think any question is off limits. Any of us will be happy to answer anything we can, and if we cannot, we will tell you that and why.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
I'm pretty good at budgeting my time and finances.

Well, I'm the Master of my Lodge (first repeat in 98-years in my Lodge).

As a Master Mason, I am sure the qualities of budgeting your time and finances responsibly, play an important role where your rank (would that be a reasonable word for your position AS a Master Mason?) is concerned. I was referring to the financial and administrative duties OF the Lodges. The internal hierarchy. I assume someone must be organizing events, and alloting monies for Masonic activities, ie fundraising and distribution of funds raised.

Could you explain what you mean by "first repeat in 98 years in my Lodge"?

originally posted by: network dude

Thanks very much for the compliment.

As far as the OP goes, hypothetically, if for some reason I found that there was an evil cabal inside of freemasonry, I would do everything I could to expose it and rid it from existence. But as has been said, that's exactly opposite of what freemasonry is. We have a tried, true, and tested governmental system in place. The Newest master mason has as much a say in what happens as the oldest member. A true democracy. We elect officials to a 1 year term, (3 years for DDGM since he gets real silverware and plates) (Oh, and I think DDGL the District deputy grand lecturer.)

And please, don't think any question is off limits. Any of us will be happy to answer anything we can, and if we cannot, we will tell you that and why.

Thank you for addressing the OP. I appreciate your time and energy regarding your response. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "exactly the opposite of what Freemasonry is"? When you say a tried, true, and tested government system in place, you're referring to the internal structure of Freemasonry, is that right? Is your Lodge independent from the other Lodges? Is democracy [mob~rule] an appropriate form of governance BECAUSE of any kind of separateness between yours and other Lodges?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. I think conspiracy theorists opposed to Freemasonry, need to know that there are Freemasons out there, who would oppose such a sinister vision as a Luciferian New World Order, if in fact it did exist. And thank you for your candor, and for making yourself open to future inquiries.

edit on 72014vAmerica/Chicago07bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 13 Jul 2014 14:00:07 -05005 by November5 because: premature post

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Well said.

The amount of groups I've joined I'll say comes from my work ethic (110%). If I join something I am going to put as much effort into as I can. I'm also really good with memorizing and presenting the ritual in a meaningful way. My involvement, my attendance, my willingness, and my availability has helped me out in my 8-years in Masonry. EDIT: This sounds way more conceited than what I meant.

In my Lodge, there is a Treasurer who is elected by the members of the Lodge each year who is in charge of the finances. The Secretary is also elected and is the administrator of the Lodge. For a Lodge to function well, the Secretary and Master need to work together. As Secretary for my Chapel of St. Thomas of Acon, I pretty much run the show, behind the scenes, but everything I'm doing is at the request of Worthy Master and the Provincial Grand level of the order. The distribution of money is authorized by the By-Laws of the body. In my Lodge, I can use up to $500 without permission from the Lodge, but only with certain things. Most everything else needs to be approved by the Lodge first. For the internal hierarchy, we use committees. I have a variety: the Wardens and Sr. Deacon schedule and plan the conferring of the 3-degrees on candidates, my JW is also my Youth and Social committee, my SW is in charge of Temple Board representation and Financial Review, and then I have members who lead the other committees like the coaching committee. All the committee chairman report to me as Master of the Lodge. This is very similar to how Grand Lodge runs things, but the Grand Secretary is given a lot more leeway since they don't meet as often as the constituent Lodges do.

Of all the positions, being Master of my Lodge is most meaningful followed by my time as Commander of my Commandery (my Commandery is very active). When I say repeat, I mean my Lodge had the tradition of only electing a person to serve as Master once and after the year was done another person would be elected to serve. This is quite an accomplishment as Idaho has strict regulations who can be Master, but last year our Sr. Warden disappeared and the Jr. Warden didn't want to jump positions so the Lodge elected me to serve as Master of the Lodge again; the first time I served was in 2009. The last time my Lodge recycled or repeated a Master was in 1916, but that was because the Brother elected to serve died (heart attack right after his first meeting) and so the Lodge held special elections and they chose a Past Master to serve again.
edit on 13-7-2014 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I would be far too nervous to meet with a Mason in person at this point in time. I experience anxiety when meeting new people, and can't keep my head straight. But I have considered it.

Network dude eh? I'll have to try and figure out a better question for him first!

Thanks man!

I'm a Master Mason in my lodge (have yet to go through the chair) but why would you be "too nervous" to meet me? I'm a nice guy - I'm not "satanic" or anything - in fact, I don't believe in any religion or such nonsense.

Everyone in my lodge is very friendly, very helpful and very committed to charity and helping others. We're happy to discuss what Freemasonry is and what it does.

My lodge isn't controlled by the Illuminaughty or "upper elites" or whoever the mass media makes up to scare you. In fact, it's mostly bureaucracy and paperwork the higher up you go. I recently went to my PGM in London last month and while it was great - it was also incredibly dull.
Fell asleep a couple times.

I'm happy to answer whatever questions I can...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And I 100% agree with network dude's point above, if I found out my lodge was involved in anything nefarious, I'd do everything I could to expose and bring it down from within. I didn't join Masonry for "power" or elite status or anything of the sort.

Good people, good friends and trying to help make a positive difference in the community. That's what attracts me.

Also, getting away from the kids for 1 night a week at a subsidised bar also helps

edit on 13-7-2014 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
for now, we see in a GLASS darkly, but then, face to face.

what's in the glass? why is it obscured? if it wasn't obscured, what would you see in a mirror?

christ (god) in you, the hope of glory.

that's what masons are talking about. it's not secret knowledge, it's that you, yes you, are a son/daughter of god. literally. not metaphorically, not symbolically, but literally. and your job is to behave like one. how ya gonna be filled with light if your eye(s) are closed?
enlightenment is when you realize that.
edit on 13-7-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
...if for some reason I found that there was an evil cabal inside of freemasonry, I would do everything I could to expose it and rid it from existence. But as has been said, that's exactly opposite of what freemasonry is.

No evil cabal, huh? Your lodge needs to step up and start getting with the program.

We recently had an extremely malevolent first half of the year, so much so, that our lodge is willing to export some evil to you if need be. We enjoyed all of our favorite wickedness:

bloody, Satanic sacrifices
    baby eating (there were so many we could not finish, thank Lucifer for gallon freezer bags)
    New World Order inception planning
    currency manipulation
    micro chipping unsuspecting people
    pancake breakfasts (yeah, we need to keep up appearances but we mixed laxatives into the batter)
    organ harvesting
    cow tipping
    giving and getting couties
    upper decking
    beaming microwave messages into people's brains (have you ever seen a microwaved brain? Coolest. Thing. Ever.)
    assorted tomfoolery (with a real person named Tom)
    calling random people and asking if they like 'Fish Sticks'

What a wonderful time we had. Well, I have to run, I have some leftovers in the freezer I want to finish.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
...pancake breakfasts (yeah, we need to keep up appearances but we mixed laxatives into the batter)

...that was you??

You evil b*st*rd. My white gloves were never the same!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hey guys! Thanks for all your replies, I appreciate that. I know the topic is kind of, well, flighty[?] to say the least, but I think it would be safe to say that others out there who might believe in such a conspiracy, may be served by the outcome as well!

All jokes aside(I am not anti-joke by any stretch of the imago) But for the above comment, I hope that the Brothers won't feel the need to belittle, directly or indirectly, the people(and their belief-structures), still caught in [binary matrix based thought-patterns]. I have to head out for a bit, but there are many words I would still like to respond to, so, until then, Good Afternoon gentlemen. Thanks again for participating.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I hope that the Brothers won't feel the need to belittle, directly or indirectly, the people(and their belief-structures), still caught in [binary matrix based thought-patterns

do they do that?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Thank you for addressing the OP. I appreciate your time and energy regarding your response. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "exactly the opposite of what Freemasonry is"?

As a lodge, we look for ways to do fundraisers for people who need it. We talk about who in the community isn't well and needs some company, or whatever. Or we are worrying about practicing to do the best we can when we present a degree to a new initiate. Nobody has any aspirations of being supreme leader. (If you are in charge, you have to do most of the work most of the time) So we are happy to share leadership roles. Very happy.

When you say a tried, true, and tested government system in place, you're referring to the internal structure of Freemasonry, is that right? Is your Lodge independent from the other Lodges? Is democracy [mob~rule] an appropriate form of governance BECAUSE of any kind of separateness between yours and other Lodges?

Each lodge is independent. Each lodge has a master. Each lodge is responsible for it's existence. If it cannot sustain itself, it will disappear, or merge with another lodge. Then there is the grand lodge. Each grand master names someone to join the grand lodge leadership. So you will always have a good representation of the state in the leadership.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. I think conspiracy theorists opposed to Freemasonry, need to know that there are Freemasons out there, who would oppose such a sinister vision as a Luciferian New World Order, if in fact it did exist. And thank you for your candor, and for making yourself open to future inquiries.
I don't know any who would stand for an inner group, hell bent on control. (But they would spend all their time doing dishes, so their threat to humanity would be slightly diminished.)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

I hope that the Brothers won't feel the need to belittle, directly or indirectly, the people(and their belief-structures), still caught in [binary matrix based thought-patterns

do they do that?

Believe it or not, after someone just told you that if you didn't change your ways, you would burn in hell, then they go one to explain all the evil things you do, after not having the first clue who you are, it can put a person on the defensive.

Have you ever had someone do that to you?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

i don't believe we burn in hell but yeah, i have had someone do that to me. i'm more of a....well let's put it this way, i think more along the lines of every human being is innocent, this due mainly to things like genetics, environment, education or lack thereof, and especially lack of comprehensive data pertinent to making the really big choices. in effect, we are almost completely clueless about the bigger mysteries, thru no fault of our own.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
that is not to say that i'm an atheist. i still believe. i just couldn't hold 2 completely different ideas in my head about the same subject at the same time, without it resolving into cognitive dissonance.

urban dictionary says:

It's basically when one reality collides with another reality and you don't have the ability to say I'll pick reality 'A' instead of reality 'B'. You have to figure out a way to coexist with the current reality and it usually produces some kind of dysfunction.

www.urbandictionary.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join