It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should the name "Wayne" be owned by so many murderers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I came across this interesting titbit, on a weird but true news site. The enquirer thought he'd research the number of people with Wayne in their name and become astounded at the number that were locked up for murder. Must be one of the weirdest coincidences. www.newsoftheweird.com...
edit on 12-7-2014 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2014 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Howdy,
I like the idea. It's neat. That said, I doubt it has statistical significance.
It's perhaps a freaky coincidence, or there might be some confirmation bias going on. How many people with the middle name of "Wayne" are in the world? No way to know without having/using census data for whatever countries you're going to use as a case study... So, we don't know the total, but this appears to be a list of all the murders known... Without knowing the total, we cannot say with certainty that the proportion of people with the middle name of Wayne that are murders is any higher than say the Proportion of people with the middle name of Henry. See, we don't have a background to compare it with, so this list surely looks vast and impressive, but it could just as easily be the case that there are a disproportionately low number of people with the name of Wayne who are murderers when compared to people with other middle names that are murders...
The way I see it, the list looks quite expansive, but expansive means nothing without something with which to compare it.
Regards,
Hydeman.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
here in Australia, i'd say Robert or John, with three names. I only have two names so perhaps i'm not capable of murder

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My husband and I have discussed this many times...in fact, I joked recently with him, as I found out his good friend's middle name is "Wayne"....uh-oh

I had no idea there were SOOOO many!!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
the name 'Wayne' was bestowed on the individual by the Parents... the infant did not select the Name

...I would venture to say that the parents gave the name of 'Wayne' to the child because they had a mind-image that the Movie Star---who kicked ass as a personal trait--- named John Wayne.... would be a role model for their son/daughter when they grew up

Hey--- the psychological atrophy of the population began in the prep to engaging in WW2 not in the '50s- '60s-'70s-'80s when the 'Duke' was really popular & a role model figure

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wait, whaat!? I really thought it would be "Lee".

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Because Wayne rhymes with -pain insane slain drain stain flame - a lot of negative associations if you ask me but pretty badass
edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: Another thought

edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: Another thought
lets not forget its a last name also and you know what they say don't trust a guy with two first names.
edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: Add

edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: Add

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Or it's possible the name is cursed? Let's not even get off topic and talk about the other Wayne that is corrupting all of America as I type this.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I see a bad guy character in a movie introducing himself. "Name is Wayne. Wayne Wayne."

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If my name were Wayne I'd probably want to kill people to.

No offense to any Wayne's we have here, I wouldn't want any of you angry with me.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
You never go full Wayne.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
For the same reason everyone who drives a camero is a murderer.
source: Jeremy Clarkson

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Oh Great.

My roomie is XXXXXXX Wayne XXXXXX......

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This sucks because my first name is....

And I wouldn't hurt a soul never mind kill.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

No offense to any Wayne's we have here, I wouldn't want any of you angry with me.

Scrap my above post, I'm sending up my personal Orbital VSAT to hunt you down!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

My middle name is Wayne, and I agree with you. It is a lousy middle name. I always hated it..
Both my older brothers got Andrew and yet somehow my dad decided to dump Wayne on me...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: defuntion

Change your first name to Bruce. problem solved.

new topics

top topics

join