It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Writes Off $32 Billion of Cuba's Debts to Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Russian President Vladimir Putin is currently on a grand tour of Latin America. His first stop is in Havana, Cuba. Ahead of arriving in Cuba, Putin decided to bestow a gift upon the Cuban government. With one swift signature, he eliminated $32 billion of Cuba's debt, left over from the Soviet era.

Putin Writes Off $32 Billion of Cuba's Debts to Russia

The other 10% is to be used to fund Cuban social projects. Also dibs on oil contracts after millions are placed into their oil infrastructure and most importantly, of course, new Russian Military Bases.

This is significant.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I noticed a few threads mentioning the subject already .Not sure this wont be closed but just wanted to give a heads up ..peace a reply to: CALGARIAN eta . just a side thought on this but I wonder if maybe Snowden might be on that plane and looking to hook up with Greenwall in Brazil . They did do a search for him on that Brazilian flight earlier on in the Snowden story

edit on 12-7-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What better time to finally put missiles in Cuba, I can't believe Putin has waited this long.

If Obama lay's down another "RED LINE" we all know what that means...NOTHING!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Good for him what a nice chap , I'm sure he has no ulterior motive like placing missiles in Cuba ....

Looks like he's doing to south America what the U.S is doing in the former USSR states , sauce for the goose.

edit on 12-7-2014 by gortex because: Spelighng

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Oh You're kidding?!

This is brilliant!

Putin jumps on the country that Obama was going to use to bolster his Foreign Policy outlook in his 2nd term?

LOL

Hilarious.

The pissing match between these two is for the ages I tell ya.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You don't write off that kind of debt without some kind of deal to get something significant in return.

Hell, maybe the Russians can get away with deploying advanced ballistic missiles in Cuba.. Cuban missile crisis II? Perhaps a Russian version of NATO's European missile defenses?

What is the worst the Obama administration would do? ... More sanctions?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Seems pretty clear Putin is trying to reconstitute some semblance of the USSR. How better than to write off old Soviet-era debt that Cuba wasn't likely to pay back anyway, particularly after the Castros die.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Posted yesterday here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join