It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jedi religion founder accuses Tesco of discrimination over rules on hoods

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
I'm waiting for the religion (I think Wicca, paganism, and some forms of Satan worship are closest) to adopt the position that their religion mandates "Do as thou wilt." Therefore any law or action intending to have them do something is an automatic violation of their religious belief and they must be granted an exemption.

No taxes, no speed limits, no sexual restrictions, no laws against theft, burglary, drugs, anything. No one or no thing can get in the way of what they feel like doing or it's religious discrimination.

I will run from it as I would from Hell. In fact, that would be very close to a definition of Hell.

Some Satanic sects are more respectful of human rights than those who abhor Satanism.
edit on 9-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I find your lack of faith... disturbing.

No really. Kids wear hoodies all the time, are they
kicked out of the store.

I notice some teens never take their hoodies down.

Just saying.

May the force be with you,
Rebel 5

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Some Satanic sects are more respectful of human rights than those who abhor Satanism.

Indeed and therein lies the rub. Frankly I'd be a lot more comfortable around a self proclaimed Jedi than around a Wahabbi Muslim from Saudi Arabia.

Anyway who on the outside of a religion can say whether or not it's a real religion? If the Pope is now supporting exorcisms of invisible monsters, Mormon all think they're going to become gods and get their own planet and Scientology thinks.. well whatever they think who is anyone else to pick and choose between their validity.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I worked in retail security for many years at a Tesco, now I can tell you it is at the discretion of the store and it's management, on a larger store where they have inhouse security the security manager may make the call but on a smaller one it is down to the management and what they tell there contract guard's is there preferance but generally muslim's are not asked to remover there head covering and it is a general rule at company level or was before I left to not to ask customers to remover there hood's though in some area's the police had issued hats off to beat crime as head covering's can make CCTV footage, especially when it is poor 640 by 400 or lower (usually compressed to 160 by 100 dependant on system though mine was a pelco system) resolution footage useless unless the PTZ has been zoomed right in to catch features in detail.
In my store we would not have approached the man but may have monitored him discreetley to make certain he was not a lifter and discreetly does not mean following him around but watching without appearing to watch or making CCTV patrol's while monitoring him, this seem's like victimisation but it is not.
It also goes by area and north wales is quite hardcore as far as lifters goes in the city's and I can tell you that from both my and my ex colleagues experience.
I never enjoyed being security but it was a job so please do not get the wrong impression of me as I alway's saw and treated everyone including lifters as people, as human being's.

Here is a footnote, one of the most popular answers put down in a anonymous police questionare as to what religion the office was.
Jedi as the force is with them, so it was a joke answer but seriously is this man a religion founder and can a belief is this be valid, also why did he not use the mind trick to make them think he was not the hoody they were looking for.
Thanks for this it did make me laugh but it is a valid point that they do not make muslims remove there veil and hood but they do target hooded top's and those that wear them and it is discrimination no matter what way it is looked at.

edit on 9-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Good stuff. I'm more of a sith myself. The Jedi religion never made much sense to me, although being way more logical than most other religions in the world. The weak jedi should be mocked and humiliated. The light side never made any sense. Embrace the dark side!
edit on 11-7-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: peck420

Jediism has no actual rules on attire.

Nope

Though depending of if your following the old doctrine or Luke Skywalker doctrine you cant ever get laid.

i would imagine being a jedi worshiper would seriously hamper your chances of getting laid

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
IF it were a real religion the fellow might have a point - BUT because it is not a real religion the store has every right to tell this crack pot to take off his hood.

The store having this policy is the minor story here.

To me the real story is there are at least 500,000 worldwide followers ( also crack pots IMO) that are ready and willing to accept and believe in a religion they KNOW is a work of fiction !

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
To me the real story is there are at least 500,000 worldwide followers ( also crack pots IMO) that are ready and willing to accept and believe in a religion they KNOW is a work of fiction !

And this is different from any other religion how?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Which is pretty much the point. In the (fictional) words of the Emperor of Mankind from Warhammer 40K:
    Mankind will never be free until the last brick, of the last church falls on the last priest.

Have to say, he's got a point. So do we support belief in unprovable mystical things or as a species move on from all superstitions?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Well, you know what I mean.. none of us was around back then to actually see our world religions being created AS FICTION by man but in this case there is 100% undeniable proof George Lucas created the Jedi.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Well, you know what I mean.. none of us was around back then to actually see our world religions being created AS FICTION by man but in this case there is 100% undeniable proof George Lucas created the Jedi.

I don't know about that. Lucas could have easily been inspired by the force to write those movies based on actual events... the dark side of course

edit on 12-7-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

There's 100% undeniable proof that L.Ron Hubbard created Scientology ...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

This is true But.. knowing that, I don't look at Scientology as a "real" religion either LOL

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix The government does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join