It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The motivations of Rampage Killers...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't think you understood what I was saying, furthermore, concealed carry seems to contradict your logic, because the firearm is concealed.
... but never mind my point, that'll just lead us into a debate that will attract non-productive discussion.

there are multiple steps on the road to fixing this issue, one of the most important being getting money out of politics, (campeign finance reform); and bringing back accountabiity and effective leadership to government agencies.

with (big)money out of politics; we can actually study the effects of psychoactive drugs that might be responsible,
conduct non-biased research into the effects of gun-availability on society.
enact/reform legislation that works in the public interest.
edit on 7-7-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It really is very simple folks. THEY do these things for notoriety (because they are usually nobodies) and to be infamous (the desire to be remembered good/bad). The problem is that the media (electronic and print) over sensationalizes their acts, which gives THEM even more motivation to do evil.
The solution is even more simple.
IF YOU DON"T BUILD IT, THEY WON'T COME!
No more gun free zones!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

but never mind my point, that'll just lead us into a debate that will attract non-productive discussion.

Agreeing to disagree without becoming disagreeable is productive. Others can see both sides of an argument.

But seeing that any other solution besides more gun laws is "unproductive"…

I'm out.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

no I didn't mean to imply that... in fact, I basically said, or was trying to imply that any discussion of gun-laws is probably unproductive at this point given that most of the information sources we use for statistics are easily dismissed as misleading or biased or whatever, meaning we get caught up in an unproductive debate, and devolve into basically flaming one another based on partisan lines.

That goes for both sides of the gun debate, both pro-and-anti gun.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join