It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Perform a Seance

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: VegHead

A picture while we were doing it.
I'm the freak with the semi-smiley face t-shirt,
long hair & ATS hat
...lol

Does anyone else think this black mass looks like a dog, or wolf?!
One of the things the owner was talking about on that show was seeing a huge black dog with red glowing eyes!

DB! You may have captured that thing she saw!!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In reading the 'instructions' for a seance, if you left out dimming the lights and having candles it sounds very similar to any church's bible study/ prayer meeting session.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

The boss and I both saw it moving around when we were there.
That is her picture she took.

That is also one I enhanced (contrast to see if anything showed up in the shadow),
here the original,

And then enhanced...

Yeah, this photo was kind of neat.
I was surprised that it showed up on camera.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
In reading the 'instructions' for a seance, if you left out dimming the lights and having candles it sounds very similar to any church's bible study/ prayer meeting session.

Yeah, you're right. I hadn't thought of it like that.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
they would contact us if needed, imo dont bother spirits some cane be bellends.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

A lot of the time they do contact the person straight out.

But then there are those times when there is a block between them and the ones they wish to contact.
Be it thick-headedness of the person needing the message or some other unknown.

Emotions seem to block as well.
If you are emotionally involved and deeply so in a negative way, I mean seriously hurting due to a loss it can block messages.
Some people just don't get them because they don't need them too.

But most people who wish contact can usually get it themselves with grounding and using whatever they need to do in order to become more in tune for a message, be it dream or straight out signs and signals.
If there is a need it will come.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
episode #2 of Penny Dreadful

has a sweet Seance scene

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Not really a seance but still in the paranormal genre trying to make contact.

A film teaser I worked on to try and find funding to make the feature.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

WOW! I hope you find the funding!
That left me wanting more!! Be sure to let us know, if you do. I want to see this, for sure!!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The boss and I both saw it moving around when we were there.
That is her picture she took.

That is also one I enhanced (contrast to see if anything showed up in the shadow),
here the original,

And then enhanced...

Yeah, this photo was kind of neat.
I was surprised that it showed up on camera.

Sorry, I didn't respond to your post. Geesh!
You both saw this black mass moving around?!
Did you see the red eyes?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

No, it was like a black shadow, darker than the dark room we were in. It weaved in and out of people's feet,up some shoulders, and around the center of the room where the stool was. I don't recall seeing any eyes, although to me, best way to describe it was like a big black hairy ferret. That is kind of the mental image I get anyways.

I was surprised she saw it. We didn't find out until after we were there and started to talk about it , that we saw the same thing. You know how it goes, you just think it is your eyes playing with you and then someone else tells you they happened to see the same thing.

We didn't do a 2nd paranormal tour there the last time we went, partly because people felt uneasy about it after what we saw last time. I was all for doing the tour, but no one else wanted to....chickens...lol
edit on 5-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Ummmmmm! Can't say as I blame them.

Seeing something blacker that black can't be a good thing!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

It didn't seem negative to me, just weird.

There are a lot of non human things roaming around out there in the "ghost" world.
It is known that there, there is some sort of ghost animal roaming around ,
so I think that would be it...lol

When we did the sit down and seance this was just one of a few things that happened. We got ghost knocks and people got touched. It was productive, and very different from what I was expecting.
I wasn't scared in the least bit or I would of walked out.
In fact they offer you that chance at any point and time you can walk away and kind of recoup yourself. Some people get seriously spooked by this stuff.

I met people who wouldn't even go into that building because they are so terrified of the spirit world.
edit on 5-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I met people who wouldn't even go into that building because they are so terrified of the spirit world.

It DOES take some getting use to.
They shouldn't go in if they're afraid... might attract something negative, for real!!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

That's true, and also one of the things about that location.
I have to agree when it is said there is some sort of opening there.

If you have negative emotions going on, it is very easy to pull out something negative from a place like that and seances in general.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
Has anyone here ever been involved in a seance?
Here are the steps to follow, according to this article below.

I've never been in a seance, but I would love to hear any stories from people who have.

www.facebook.com...

How to perform a Seance

A seance is the practice done by a group of people who gather together to contact and receive messages from ghosts/ spirits. The minimum number of people who are taking part should be three, a medium should be among those people. Protection and safety is very important and a professional must be present.

1. Decide what your purpose is for conducting the seance , it could be to contact a deceased relative or friend or maybe you want to communicate with a spirit who is attached to your home or a haunted location, either way a professional should be present during the procedure. This is not a game and a seance should not be conducted by amateurs who wish to have 'fun ' or intend to summon demons out of curiosity, nor should spirits be mocked or disrespected by asking silly questions.

2. Set the table. Place three candles, or a number divisible by three, in the center, and place an offering of food in the center, as well. Create an atmosphere conducive to connecting to the spirit world. Light the candles, dim the lights, light some incense. A round or oval table is preferred to a rectangular one as this fulfills the requisite for a circle needed in a seance. Gather everyone around the table and hold hands to create a circle.

3. You cannot expect it to be like the movies it may be that you will have to attempt this on more than one occasion to achieve successful contact with the spirit, sometimes spirits are difficult to communicate with it may be that they simply don't feel ready to communicate with you whereas sometimes it will be a success and they will happily answer your questions.
A popular method is using the Ouija board. The ghost, once conjured, uses telekinesis to rotate the pointer and answer your questions.

4. Now all the people must sit around the table, hold each other’s hand making a circle and close their eyes. It is good to begin by saying a prayer, which helps cleanse the environment and emanate positivity. Summon the spirit(s) by chanting in unison: "Spirits of the past, move among us. Be guided by the light of this world and visit upon us." If you are wishing to contact a relative or friend, you may chant something like this: "Beloved (name), we bring you gifts from life into death. Be guided by the light of this world and visit upon us." Please be patient, and wait for the spirit's response.

5.Now ask the spirit to provide a sign of its presence. Don’t ask for a specific sign, just be open to receive any signal. When you know that the spirit is present, try to communicate. Begin slowly with simple yes or no questions, if the spirit responds well, move onto more complex questions.

6. Always be calm and respecting. However, be warned, at the very first sign of any rudeness from the spirit’s side politely ask it to leave, if it doesn’t abide, forcefully end the session by blowing out the candles and switching the lights on. Always stop a séance if someone asks due to fear or other concern. Never force anyone to continue if they do not want to.
Once done, thank the spirit for its help and slowly end the session.

7.When everyone is satisfied, end the séance by thanking the spirit for visiting, breaking the circle of hands, extinguishing the candles, and turning on the lights.

Nice find Sled. But once again, I would be careful. Along with the spirits of the dead, Demons/entities on the other side of the veil are waiting for that little crack in door to try and rush through. They will say/lie/cheat/manipulate their way thru, and once that door is cracked open, who knows how many or how evil or what might happen.

It's always very tempting to try and contact the other side especially if you had a love one past away. But without a properly skilled medium, there is no real way to filler what comes thru from the other side. I think I would definitely feel more safer if there was a gifted and trained medium who was running the seance, and even then when the seance is over, you still worry that whatever you summoned might attach itself to you or anyone else at the seance. Anyways be careful, and be spiritually strong if you do decide to mess with this stuff.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
i am with haven123, do not go messing with this stuff. yeah it can be fun but also very dangerous. one of the reasons i do not partake in seances or use an ouija board anymore is because you do not know for sure who you are getting in contact with,
edit on 8-7-2014 by sidbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
a reply to: Sled735

I just got around to reading this thread. Funny as soon as I saw darkblades pic I was going to comment on the dark mass thing.
Noticed the orbs too but so many people in a basement - I would be inclined to discount them.
on a side note, nice to see what you look like !

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

They are real orbs. If you enlarge the pic, you can see the face in them. That one in the middle looks terrified! Big eyes, mouth open!
I am concerned, however, why they only show up in the black mass? I do see another one outside the blackness though.
I wonder if this black thing is holding them hostage?
Maybe the one on the outside is trying to help them.

edit on 7/9/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I used to be a spiritualist and attended loads of seances - although they were called 'circles', they were the same thing. Sometimes I went to physical seances (where the medium was supposed to produce ectoplasm and the spirits were supposed to manifest in the room using that ectoplasm to be seen by everyone) Physical seances are not that popular any more as there were many fakes exposed and it kind-of fell out of fashion. One old bird I knew who lived in an old peoples home for retired mediums used to be a physical medium and she told me how the spirits used to produce a voicebox with the ectoplasm and physically speak. So, believe it or not whichever you want. I am sure there were some phisical mediums who were not fakes. One seance I went to did produce single and double-headed carnations from a guys mouth and lights from his fingertips but they were only momentary lights and it was done in pitch dark. The guy was supposed to have been searched before the seance, but... I remember I heard he disappeared off to Australia some time afterwards so who knows. It was a pretty good show anyway if he was a fake.

I also attended a seance is a large downstairs bathroom where my partner and 2 very good friends (50-ish and unlikely to play games) did a seance around a table in the dim light. As a first hand experience, I can say that the table we all had our hands on top of, lifted above our heads as we were sitting and all our arms were fully extended upwards to keep them on the surface of the table.

Not saying that was good/bad or whatever, but did not feel malevolent and the spirit we were talking to was already previously known to us.

Dont do any of that stuff now as it became rather gimmiky and seemed pointless after a while. Chasing effects and communication just did not supply what I was looking for. I would probably not do any of that seance thing now-a-days because the interest has gone. A case of Been There Done That maybe?

I think anyone who wants to do a seance needs to have a pretty good reason to do one and probably needs to do it with someone who has done them before who they know is reliable and trustworthy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join