It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please make the floating ats bar stop.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm on mobile and that darned ats thing follows me as I go down pages and gets in the way while I read and blocks my replying. Can you guys please make it stick to the top of the page or give us an option to turn that on or off? Id rather scroll to the top than have things I'm doing blocked by the annoying thing. thanks a ton.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The ATS bar only floats because you've had enough already. Drink some Pepsi, eat some crackers, wait a while, and it'll stop floating.

(I know that's off-topic, but I feel a little giggly and our ATS Live show starts in just 4 hours. I'm getting a case of the nerves. Hey, I've got an idea, why don't you call in to the show?)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

I dnot have your problem. Dont know what youre blaming ATS for. Its you...otherwise we all would be having them. and we are not...dont blame the websites for issue youre having with one of your devices. Its you, not them.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Actually, it is not just you having the problem.

It happens to me too when i'm on mobile. The floating bar along with all the obtrusive ads make the site a real pain lately.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I get it too, occasionally. It seems to be triggered by images in posts.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I have the same problem when I'm not logged in.

Could it be a conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I dnot have your problem. Dont know what youre blaming ATS for. Its you...otherwise we all would be having them. and we are not...dont blame the websites for issue youre having with one of your devices. Its you, not them.

So because it doesn't happen to you, everyone else is wrong and has a crappy device? Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

It happened on my Galaxy S3 and also does the same on my S4, using Chrome, Dolphin, Opera AND the stock browser.

I've got use to it now, but it's easily the worst user experience of all the sites I visit now.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's terrible on mobile. It never expands the same way twice. It covers a quarter of the screen.
I wait and wait for the page to be done loading thinking it's finally safe to tap on what I want and the moment I go to tap the screen jumps again and I tap something I did not want to.

So then I have to go back and starts all over again.

Site it horrible for mobile viewing.

There used to be a clean, super-fast, problem free mobile site. They replaced it with this garbage.

This works pretty well for just reading without all the bull#: Google Mobilizer

Shouldnt have to cobble together duct tape solutions and stop gaps to make the site readable.
edit on 2-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Don't you just hate it when you're right

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It can be more than a bit annoying. Particularly bothersome when it gets 'stuck' over the top of text I'm preparing to post.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Nope, I have a laptop and that darn bar floats when I am trying to do stuff as well... It would be nice to be able to turn it off.

Stari

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It happens on my iPad sometimes when I am trying to reply to posts. It sticks right where I am typing. So no... not just you.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I get same problem too.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I agree 100%, its annoying the liven s************* outa me

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123
Didnt you READ what I said? Its a lot of people yes...and their DEVICES....but not ATS thats doing it to everyone. Otherwise, we would all have it. We dont, so they arent.

Its not the site....but settings.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

What I HATE is people asking some website to stop what they are doing...when its determined not everyone has that problem with the afore suspect site.

Its people and the wide variety of devices, settings, servers, browsers...and (laugh-laugh whine-whine) "On my MOBILE its awful....!"

Duh. Its mobile. Its tower to tower to tower to signal strength to signal strength to wifi to wifi...c'mon people. Really?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
And just an update...tonight...right now...phone-no problems...tablet-no problem...and Im at work with a PC...just checked...no issues either. No JEEP ads, floating ads, no sound jumping on as some complain about.

So its not ATS

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So it worked perfectly for me on all my devices, until they updated the site. Now it's crap, coincidence??

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT...

How about this, you're right and everyone else who is having genuine problems since the site update are wrong.
Are you a happier bunny now?
The site update clearly changed all the settings on 'our' devices and not yours.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

But...the issue is youre asking ATS to stop when Im sure it isn't them. Nor other than cancelling the advertiser (and their money)...is it them and not all the different locations and devices in the world.

Waaa! "ATS? PLEASE Stop the wavy thing!"

Its not them and their site. It would affect everyone. It doesn't.

new topics

top topics

join