It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tibet/Nepal Quandry....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Alright, Aryathrupa your on my ignore list now. Your posts are nothing more than a reflection of yourself, which is ignorant with no sense of reality and you do nothing more than bash and make stupid posts. Please posts no more because I feel sorry for those who do not have you on their ignored list.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
Alright, Aryathrupa your on my ignore list now. Your posts are nothing more than a reflection of yourself, which is ignorant with no sense of reality and you do nothing more than bash and make stupid posts. Please posts no more because I feel sorry for those who do not have you on their ignored list.

Awww,you beat me to it

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nox

The inherent hypocrisy of this post is amusing.
You do realize that the Indian that started this thread practically INVITED the "chicoms" to bash this thread up.

Any "which country is better?" thread (which is essentially what this thread is) invites flaming and "bashing".

You should be smart enough to know why.

I do not have any problems with ppl "bashing" my thread as it were..what I aryaputhra was referring to was the lack of constructive arguements that the chinese have put forth Nox..Its either china has better literacy, no corruption,life-span,PCI..etc..or its a cascade of chinese defence links that are posted with an angry retort 'beat this!'
..no tactical analyses, no logistical data on the theatre...NOTHING!!Thats what I call 'bashing' Nox..I really am beginning to wonder whether the average age of posters is below 15(or above 80 for that matter!)

And btw.. this is not a 'which country is better thread'..unfortunately it boils down to that(at least in military terms) when comparing arms, thats unavoidable..

And to answer everyone's concept of "ignore"..well IMHO I personally feel sorry for people who put othres on an 'ignore list'..it defeats that very purpose of fora like these..Howevr narrow minded the concerned person may be putting him/her on an ignore list shows the inability of one to deal effectively with that person..If I agreed with the concept of 'ignore' I would have put proteinx on my list long ago...!!

Nox

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Daedalus3,
I understand.

Each side has its extremists. If only people would stop bashing and flaming and instead took a more moderate stance on things (perhaps by even accepting some of their opponent's opinions!). Lack of cooperation tends to lead to unconstructive deadlocks.

In my opinion, China is one of the most criticized countries in the world (perhaps tied with the USA). I'm sure India is starting to feel the criticism as well, since it's also becoming a significant global influence. I'm sure you're aware of international criticism of India's caste system (values of the caste system, which are still practiced today)?

Personally, I think the rest of the world doesn't take into consideration India's Hinduism (which preaches self-sacrifice and reincarnation) when speaking negatively of the caste system.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The caste system has nothing to do with hinduism IMHO...It is a social evil which has been rightfully done way with..it may be secretly practised by some orthodox idiots I fear...

Nox

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well,

as I mentioned in another thread:

Clearly, not all Indians believe in the caste system. Not all Indians deserve to be stereotyped.

I don't see why this rule shouldn't be applied to Chinese. Not all politicians are corrupt, some genuinely want to improve the lives of the lower class, and work very hard at doing so.

Tiananmen protests (before they were gunned down) were originally inspired by a politician that common citizens respected. Obviously not all politicians in China are hateful beings. It's just easier to notice the corrupt ones because the population is large, so slight infraction become magnified.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
the benefit India has is democracy...it entails free media, constructive criticism etc. etc...no one can flex their muscles and then cover it all up..China lacks that..

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
the benefit India has is democracy...it entails free media, constructive criticism etc. etc...no one can flex their muscles and then cover it all up..China lacks that..

There are too many ways to critisize Chinese this and Chinese that. I have mentioned the last time I went back to China, I critisized the president in front of a police and he did nothing. There are many threads of constructive criticisms going around. Look on any forum, some of them's got constructive criticisms about "Deng Xiaoping and Mao Zedong". Ten years ago they would've been hunted down, arrested and thrown in Jail but now, no one cares because we accept that we are human and what we do are naturally not pretty.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
But, india's so-called democrazy has produced one of the poorest nations in the world with a standard of living far below that of china. Also, the caste system and discrimination based on religion, race and skin color is widely spread.

Free press, etc is but a part of the indicator of the level of advancement of your society and you need the other things to make your society a real democrazy, like what the west has. Chinese are on average more than twice richer and lives 10 years longer than an indian!!!

You know N. Korea's name is something like People's Democratic Republic of Korea. You see, N.Korea is the worlds' most scary democrzy while india is the world's poorest democrzy.

1) China member of UNSC, india not
2) China consistently no. 3 and no.4 in Olympics; india has not won a gold metal since LA Olympics and No. 80 in Sydney and only 1 silver in Athens
3) No. 1 FDI; india's is about 1/8 of china's
4) No. 1 cell phone market; india's is about 1/8 of china's
5) No. 2 internet market and don�t know where India ranks
6) No. 3 auto market (on pace to sell 2 million sendans this year, not including commercial vehicles)
8) No. 2 in highway mileage
9) No. 1 in steel production and consumption
10) No. 2 in foreign reserves (around $500 billion while india�s around $130 billion)
11) No. 2 in oil consumption
12) Had nuke since 1964 and India only recently
13) Third country to send a man into space after Russian and USA
14) No. 3 in ship-building and India ?
15) China�s GDP is twice that of India in gross terms, PPP terms or per capital terms
16) China�s military budget is at least 3 times that of India and our: $47 bil vs. $15 bil (www.cdi.org...)
17) No. 3 in terms of global trade while India is not even in the top 20; little Ireland trades more than India does.

Today's India and China

India has total of 28 million cellular users as of the end of 2003 and 18 million new users were added in 2003. See
www.thehindubusinessline.com...
China has total of 270 million cellular users as of the end of 2003 and around 60 million new users were added in the same year. See:
www1.chinadaily.com.cn... (the news in 08/2003)

Internet users in India: More than 16 million: see: www.internetworldstats.com...
Internet users in China: 78million. See: www.clickz.com...

Broadband users in China:17.4 million. see: www.infoworld.com...
Boroadband users in India: I believe it can be ignored.

Less than 28 million tons of iron and steel was used in 2003 in India (An important index of infrastructure construction. This is the total India produced in 2003, and India is a net iron & steel exporter)(This is even less than what China produced in 1978 when China began its reform)
China produced around 225 million tons of iron and steel and imported other 35 million tons in 2003 for the construction.
See: www.worldsteel.org...

55% of the world cement (Another infrastructure construction index) was used in China. See www.economist.com...

China's expressway (at least 4 lanes, speed limit 100KM/hour or 120KM/hour) reaches 30, 000KM. Around 4, 600 KM is being added each year. See: english.sinocp.com...
India just began its first expressway project in 2003: See: timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

India produced around 36 million tons of oil (A natural resource index) in 2003 and will face the resource problem soon.
China produced 160 million tons of oil in 2003 and imported more than 100 million tons in the same year.

Around 30% of Indian male cannot read newspaper and 50% of female cannot read. that means around 40% of Indians cannot read. See
www.cia.gov...
Less than 16% of Chinese cannot read (most of are old person and they missed the education opportunity in the old time). See
www.cia.gov...

India has more arable land than China. Indian produced 250 million tons of grains in 2003 (Thanks for the good weather).
China usually produces 400 million tons of grains each year no matter how tough the weather is (Thanks for the biotech in China).

Economy sectors:
China: Argriculture: 15% of GDP, Industry 52% of GDP, Manufacturing 35% of GDP, service 33% In 2001
India: Argriculture: 24% of GDP, Industry 27% of GDP, Manufacturing 16% of GDP, service 48% In 2001
These data comes from World Bank. You can conclude that China's industry size is at least 4 times of India's after a very simple calculation. You can see how little India's industry is.
China's industry increased 16.8% in 2003. See: www.cet.com.cn...
India's increased about 8%.

Speaking of the software industry, China's software industry is the similar size of India. The difference is that Chinese companies rely on domestic market while India has almost no IT market comparing with the big countries around. China has its own software brands such as KingSoft, Rising(anti-virus), Jiangming (Anti-virus), RedFlag(Working on Linux), WPS ( office software), Yongyou(Enterprise), KINGDEE (Golden Butterfly in Chinese) ( Enterprise).

Only 2.3 million PCs were sold in India in 2003. See www.eetimes.com...
More that 13 million of PCs were sold in China in 2003. See biz.yahoo.com...

International trade in 2003
China topped 840B$ (import < export) in 2003. See: english.peopledaily.com.cn...
India: total of 154B$ (export 74B$, import: 80b$, import > export)in 2003. See: www.navhindtimes.com...

Speaking of the technology, Let's compare the super computer because Indians are always claiming India is the second IT country in the world.
China's homemade supercomputer listed as No. 14. But the fastest one used in India is No. 105. It was made by IBM. India's homemade one is listed as No. 258. Legend (now Lenova) built another more powerful one this year. It can be listed as No. 3 or No. 4. See www.top500.org...

Thanks for the large market scale and the recent progress in the technology, China is trying to set the international or national technology standards, such as TD_SCDMA, EVD, Wi-Fi. We know the standard can make more and easier money than the simple production.

Total revenue of Wipro(around 1.17B$) and Infosys (0.97B$) in 2003 = the half of Huawei (more than 4.5B$)or ZTE around 4.0b$)
Wipro and Infosys represents India's technology. AS I know Wipro is a conglomerates, not a pure tech company as Huawei and ZTE.

Even Indians claim India is a democratic country. But its corruption is worse than China. China government is treating the corruption issue very seriously in recent years. see
www.globalcorruptionreport.org...
Another research report said India's corruption is much worse than China too: straitstimes.asia1.com.sg...
Do you believe Democracy works in India?

Chinese culture is much more open than India��s. See the trouble That MacDonald��s, KFC and Coca Cola are suffering:
ipsnews.net...
edition.cnn.com...
See the Macdonads��s Business in China:
breaking.tcm.ie...

These two articles were written by the same foreign visitor (sounds like a biz man) after he visited both India and China in the same year (2000).
His view about India: berclo.net...
His impression about China: berclo.net...
He also described so-called Indian democracy in this article: berclo.net...
"India is said to be the world's largest democracy. There is no dispute about its size, one billion is large, but I don't think that a country whose major priorities in the last 50 years have favored a small minority at the expense of the majority can be called "a democracy". "

Life quality: (See the CIA links above)
Indian Infant mortality rate :
Total: 59.59 deaths/1,000 live births
Female: 58.93 deaths/1,000 live births (2003 est.)
Male: 60.23 deaths/1,000 live births

Chinese Infant mortality rate:
Total: 25.26 deaths/1,000 live births
Female: 25.65 deaths/1,000 live births (2003 est.)
Male: 24.91 deaths/1,000 live births

Indian Life expectancy at birth:
Total population: 63.62 years
Male: 62.92 years
Female: 64.37 years (2003 est.)

Chinese Life expectancy at birth:
Total population: 72.22 years
Male: 70.33 years
Female: 74.28 years (2003 est.)

Sports:
The long list of Chinese medal winners at Sydney 2000 Olympic Games: See: www.sportorganizer.com...
Let's congratulate to the only one Indian winner: See: www.sportorganizer.com...

AIDS
India has about 10 million HIV infected people. Indian Government admits 4.5 million as of August 2003. See; www.pbs.org...
China has more than one million as reported by BBC: See: news.bbc.co.uk...

46% of general population in Bombay carry an active sexually transmitted disease (the greatest risk factor for HIV spread). Do you believe it? See: www.globalchange.com...]http://www.globalchange.com/indi.htm

Aid from outside:
China got aid from Soviet Union between late 50s to the beginning of t 60s. After that China develops on itself. India has been aided by both western countries and Soviet Union for a long time. See the link:
www.usaid.gov...
You cannot imagine, What should India be without this aids.
China has been helping many other countries too. That's why most of Africa countries like China so much.

Religion Issues in India: edition.cnn.com...

Foreign reserve and the external debt:
India's forex reserve < external debt
India has 100B$ reserve, See: www.indiadaily.com...
and India has more than 112B$ in debt in the end of 2003. See: www.finmin.nic.in...
China has more than 400B$ reserve. See: www.china.org.cn...
China has 160B$ external debt. Reserve >> debt

Some more links:
India asks how its economy can catch up with China's
www.forbes.com...

India Versus Chin-- Was written by some Indians
www.samachar.com...

Can India Catch-Up With China? -- Was written by some Indians
www.indiadefence.com...

The Population Bomb that can devastate India, actually it is a comparison between India and China
www.india-watch.com...

Can India catch up with China?
www.flonnet.com...

Can India Overtake China ? -- The famous article saying India will overtake China
www.alternatives.ca...

Data show that China developed much faster than India even before China's reform. India was much better than China before the Chinese Communist Party took power. But China's GDP caught up India in 70s last century.
GDP Per capita ( I believe it is based on PPP)
Country...1820....1870....1913....1950....1973...1998
China.......600......530......552......439......839....3,117
India........533......533......673......619......853....1,746
www.eh.net...
www.eco.rug.nl...]http://www.eco.rug.nl/~Maddison/ (more details)

India's economic grows at average 6% GDP vs. China's grows at 9% for last 2 decades.
India has 2 times faster population grow that the same time(1.7 vs. China 0.8%).
devdata.worldbank.org...=China&PTYPE=CP
devdata.worldbank.org...=India&PTYPE=CP

China: Not a syndrome, a phenomenon

Chandan Mitra/ Shanghai

Next time you visit Larry's China at Delhi's Ambassador Hotel, spend some time over the menu. Preferably, get over with the orders and leisurely study the rare photographs of China in the 1930s that spice this most unusual listing of a restaurant's offerings. Shanghai features prominently in the collection, gleaned from the archives of an American photojournalist who spent many years in pre-modern China documenting the life and times of ordinary people in this enigmatic country. The photos show coolies carrying huge loads in baskets slung on their backs, ropes firmly tied across foreheads. They also depict rickshaws pulled by hand, the variety that now exists in only one city in the world - my native Kolkata. Then there are opium addicts and women with tied feet. (In China, women's feet were tied at the age of around three for small feet were regarded as a sign of incredible beauty). Larry's China was inaugurated many years after I first visited Shanghai in 1986. I still vividly remember walking along the bund late one evening. Young couples, obviously constrained by the restrictions of space and size of joint family apartments, were busy making out on the benches. Soon the police arrived, Mumbai style, and shooed the embarrassed pairs away. The speed at which they retreated made an amusing study.

Cut to Wednesday evening. I have been Shanghaied in an altogether different sense by the time I joined a cruise on the wide bosomed Huang Po, organised by FICCI. I had to pinch myself to believe I had returned to the same city! Across the river was a brand new city, Pu Dong. When I was here 17 years ago, there were only decrepit warehouses, dilapidated barges, shaky row-boats and other symbols of post-colonial decay. Today, I was told to try and make time to visit the 80th floor of a building there or, alternatively, a revolving restaurant towards the top of the TV tower that is now the world's third highest man-made structure. Some journalist friends told me they visited a rundown municipality office on the 420 sq km Pu Dong exactly 10 years ago to be shown elaborate plans of how the authorities proposed to transform the barren area into a high tech city. And they actually did it in less than a decade!

Driving into downtown from the airport, one has to travel across a 40-km-long elevated expressway, even more impressive than Bangkok's. Atul Dalkhoti came here as a child because his father, a Communist, was inspired to lend his muscle and brain to Mao's Revolution. Now heading the FICCI office here, he told me it could take up to four hours to reach the airport from the city till the high-flying eight-lane road was constructed. Now it takes 45 minutes.

I must honestly confess, four days into this country on my third visit, I still haven't figured out what makes China, China! How is it possible for any country to get transformed so rapidly? I have visited Communist and post-Communist Russia several times. The contrast between the two eras is nowhere as striking. Arguably, even today's China has many warts. There is widespread corruption, the police are authoritarian to the point of being fascistic, islands of poverty and deprivation exist even within glittering steel and glass skyscrapers. But still, the speed of change is just dizzying.

As a former Communist, I recall studying Stalin's speech titled "Dizzy with success" in which he warned partymen not to get carried away by the stupendous strides made at the end of the Soviet Union's second five year plan. Should the Chinese leadership also issue a similar warning? China started charting a new course with Deng Hsiaoping's Four Modernisations only in 1978, two years after Mao Zedong's death. Till the 1990s it was still a predominantly agricultural country that provided just basic amenities to its citizens. Today, no new model of a car is launched without China being a destination.

People have evidently made incredible amounts of money. But, unlike post-Perestroika Russia that slid into disorder and criminality, China has managed change with an elan that has no parallel in contemporary history. I asked my industrialist hosts on board the river cruise where the money came from. Pointing to the staggering array of high-rise buildings across the Huang Po, I wanted to know who funded this construction boom. In India banks would not lend money to anybody for fear of CVC, CBI, political vendetta etc., unless they covered their risks at least three times over. Who lent money for the China Phenomenon? I didn't get a convincing answer. The funding was ascribed largely to patriotic, affluent non-resident Chinese living in South-East Asia, Taiwan and the US.

Could be, for unlike NRIs, NRCs put their money where their mouth is. The Chinese Government and its local variants, too, I was told raised huge loans from Western merchant banks. But obviously these loans are being serviced. Obviously, the investment made in building the infrastructure of roads, railway connections, power supply, health, education and housing is paying off. That's why China can contemplate constructing a 1100-km-long elevated magnetic propulsion rail link between Shanghai and Beijing that will connect the country's commercial and political capitals in five hours flat. That's why Shanghai alone attracted US$ 5 billion in FDI last year, against India's 8. We take pride in India for living in many worlds simultaneously. It was somehow reassuring to find that even as China surges towards First World status, there is a delightful Third World that continues to exist in its urban crevices.

We would have got a terrible inferiority complex but for this experience. On Tuesday, we went shopping at Beijing's famous flea market, known to foreigners as Silk Alley - reminiscent of Janpath/Lajpat Nagar/Sarojini Nagar in Delhi, Fashion Street in Mumbai and the now demolished Gariahat Boulevard Hawkers' Corner in Kolkata. Young women, evidently of peasant stock, run these stalls, shrieking and tugging at potential buyers. Bargaining beats all Indian standards hollow, the only difference being that the women nowadays converse fluently in English with a vulgarised American accent. They all carry calculators in their hands for they are still not quite used to expressing numerals in English. They key in their price; you grab it from them and put in your bid. The deal is struck at around 25 per cent of the price originally quoted. That is also a reality of China.

Shanghai's river front sporting huge neons proclaiming the march of consumerism - Canon, Nikon, Samsung, LG, Bayer, IBM - is an equal reality. Some day, in not too distant a future, India too will be like this. But in the 1950s, it had seemed India will do it and China would follow. We are definitely 50 years behind by now. Isn't it time we put our heads together and think why things came to this sorry pass?

www.india-watch.com...

China - India, Comparison on Economic & Social-Economic factors

Economic or Social factor Unit of measurement
China
India

Steel production million tons / year 133

Cement production million tons / year 650

Food grain production million tons / year 418 208
Crude oil production million tons / year 160 30
Coal production million tons / year 1300 300
Telephone lines connected millions 240 27
TV sets in households millions 400 75
Mobile / Cellular phones millions 150 6
Internet connections millions 35 3
Foreign Trade (export + import) US$ billion / year 491 75
Exports US$ billion / year 260 42
Tourist Arrivals millions / year 87 2.5
Non-Resident citizens millions (approx) 50-55 20-25
GDP of Non-Resident citizens US$ billion / year (approx) 800-500 425-375
FDI inflow (in 2000-2001) US$ billion / year 46 2
FDI from Non-Residents US$ billion / year 32 0.2
% FDI from Non-Residents % of total FDI received 65 10
FDI % of exports 22 5
Forex Reserves (China+Hong Kong) US$ billion 312 51
GDP US$ billion 1121 440
Population millions 1260 1030
Population increase per year millions 9 18
Birth Rate Numbers per 1000 8.8 27
Per Capital income US$ per year / person 990 440
Life expentancy Years 72 61
Poverty line % of total population 3 40**
Poverty line Actual numbers in millions 40 400**
Primary school enrollment % of school going children 99.1 92.1
Junior school enrollment % of school going children 94.4 ?
% of school going chindren attending school for first 9 years 99.1 ?
Size of family, average (1998) Numbers 3.63 5.52
Women marrying, first time,avg.age Years 23.57 ?
Employment of women
(world average is about 34.5%) % of work force (1999) 46.50 32.1
Chinese women paid % of what men were paid 80.40 ?
Infant morality rate Rate per 1000 31 72
Hospitalized delivery rate % of births 66.80 35
Inoculation of 1 year children with BCG vaccine ..% of total 97.80 ?
Inoculation of 1 year children with Polio vaccine ..% of total 97.40 ?
Inoculation of 1 year children with DPT vaccine ..% of total 97.80 ?
Inoculation of 1 year children with Measles vaccine ..% of total 97.50 ?
Maternal morality rate Rate per 100,000 42 410
Poverty lines, as per World Bank US$ per year / person 365 365**
Retired people covered by basic retirement insurance in millions 30 ?
Social welfare institutions run by the government 1000 ?
Community run senior citizens homes 40,000 ?

1 billion = 1000 million
1 million = 10 lacs
1 crore = 100 lacs = 10 million
Number of people below Poverty Line, as per data available from records of the Government of India and China.

Copies of the Chinese State Council white paper on Population & Development, which was reprinted in the "China Daily", Beijing edition of the 20th of December, 2000, are available on request from i Watch.For items 29 to 45 some of the actual figures for India and the Indian States need to be filled up, for comparison with China

worlds largest debts, 2003:

$6,857,124 (62.43% of GDP) USA
$6,689,547 (154.62% of GDP) Japan
$1,563,355 (106.67% of GDP) Italy
$1,533,983 (63.90% of GDP) Germany
$1,207,384 (69.10% of GDP) France
$923,966 (51.40% of GDP) UK
$654,855 (77.00% of GDP) Canada
$538,855 (64.45% of GDP) Spain
$371,956 (62.20% of GDP) India
$308,045 (102.20% of GDP) Belgium
$286,972 (55.40% of GDP) Netherlands
$282,602 (57.40% of GDP) Brazil
$227,528 (96.30% of GDP) Turkey
$185,161 (13.16% of GDP) China
$185,158 (107.00% of GDP) Greece
$172,458 (91.50% of GDP) Saudi Arabia
$167,973 (66.80% of GDP) Austria
$158,406 (52.80% of GDP) Sweden
$157,899 (51.10% of GDP) Switzerland
$151,859 (72.90% of GDP) Indonesia
$150,854 (34.80% of GDP) Russia
$149,230 (24.40% of GDP) Mexico
$112,606 (108.60% of GDP) Israel
$100,679 (47.40% of GDP) Denmark

$6,004,001 (73.45% of GDP) Euro-Zone
$7,187,052 (68.56% of GDP) EU-15

$48,131 Ireland
$83,694 Portugal
$80,451 Finland

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Comparing India to China is like comparing China to the United States - 3 very different countries.

You have to look where they are heading not where they are now.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by Vanguard]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Agree, with China having higher growth rate and a better self-sustaining military industry, we are pulling ahead of india ever more.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here is a funny bit for Daedlus. lol

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Read the final part of the article here and spin it for me.

"In 2002, angry mob lynched 5 dalit youth in Haryana after they tried to skin a dead cow for its hide. "

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
Here is a funny bit for Daedlus. lol

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Read the final part of the article here and spin it for me.

"In 2002, angry mob lynched 5 dalit youth in Haryana after they tried to skin a dead cow for its hide. "

WOW, and I thought people raping animals were simply jokes but this proved me wrong. Why would someone ever find a COW a good target for rape. SHould'n't they be interested in the opposite sex (or the same sex but considered the opposite sex)?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'll reply tonight, conclusively, to the garbage posted in this thread.

Cowlan, if you think mental deraingement or sexual perversion is somehow found exclusively in India, then you really have let your bigotry overtake your capacity for reason

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
And imagine what a SHAME it will be for China if it is humiliated by India in a war!!..."better in so many things"...

Already humiliated here on this forum...not one post regarding the thread topic by the chicoms....
And btw the dalit bit well that was reported by indiatimes you retard not some foreign press...show me articles where the chinese media denounces its own govt. and social malpractices!!
Haha...china's human rights violations and the suppression of that thereafter is world reknowned...that's why the arms embargo...I don't see any arms embargo on India by anybody!!:p According to the links you give more attention should be paid to human rights abuses in India than in China...But that isn't the case is it?..No matter how many 'democracy failure' links you give you can't deny the fact when one talks about human rights abuses china comes to mind first, not India :p
And the fact taht you can find such links is because democracy allows open criticism.....DEMOCRACY IS INDIAs SAVIOUR NOT THE OPPOSITE!!
All those European leaders...stupid according to you...Man the way you put it they should be putting sanctions on India and not china!! ..Yeah I guess you teenagers are smarter than them...

wasted you again haven't I Hawkss
Next round...bring it on..

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Hawksss

Agree, with China having higher growth rate and a better self-sustaining military industry, we are pulling ahead of india ever more.

From your own sketchy data India could of said this in the 70's - times change - future growth rates donot neccessarily follow previous rates.

Your next post concerning the cow is pretty cheap and has no relevance to the topic. Im sure there is an endless supply of China bashing articles.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard

Hawksss

From your own sketchy data India could of said this in the 70's - times change - future growth rates donot neccessarily follow previous rates.

Your next post concerning the cow is pretty cheap and has no relevance to the topic. Im sure there is an endless supply of China bashing articles.

you see Vanguard the fact is that though there may be many "china bashing" articles...almost all will definitely be from a foreign media..chinese media are not allowed the luxury of constructive criticism...thats a real shame...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
some examples of constructive cricitism in the chinese media for you daedalus

Watchdog: CAO Made 'Wrong' Decisions

www.china.org.cn...

Loosen Gov't Control of Economy: Opinion

www.china.org.cn...

Boom of New Power Plants a Concern

www.china.org.cn...

Road Accidents Claim 96,870 Lives

www.china.org.cn...

Dam Heeds Environmental Concern

www.china.org.cn...

All articles from the past few day's

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
some examples of constructive cricitism in the chinese media for you daedalus

Watchdog: CAO Made 'Wrong' Decisions

www.china.org.cn...

Loosen Gov't Control of Economy: Opinion

www.china.org.cn...

Boom of New Power Plants a Concern

www.china.org.cn...

Road Accidents Claim 96,870 Lives

www.china.org.cn...

Dam Heeds Environmental Concern

www.china.org.cn...

All articles from the past few day's

Yeah, China needs to enforce its transportational safety rules. Seatbelts are not enforced in China and no one uses it. Car seats for babies are not enforced either and mothers simply choose to hold them while they are in a car. We may need more police because the police in China don't really do the random safety checks on the highways like Canada and America does.

I agree that many things still need to be improved.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
you see Vanguard the fact is that though there may be many "china bashing" articles...almost all will definitely be from a foreign media..chinese media are not allowed the luxury of constructive criticism...thats a real shame...

China resricts media

The USA CONTROLS media

Spot a difference?The USA are trying to make us sound like stupid people with their media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join