It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My last Facebook post ever!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
7:47pm.

Facebook Performed a Psychology Experiment on Thousands of Users Without Telling Them
newsweek.com

This will be my last post on facebook and I will not respond to anything I read here; Nor will I consider facebook a reliable source for anything. If you want to interface with me please feel free to send me your phone number if you want to stay in touch. I will still monitor this account but I refuse to be a lab rat for a billion dollar company that has lost all sense of ethics. You can read the particulars here. www.newsweek.com... . What's to stop them from next posting things in you name that are not true just to gauge reaction from your friends or feeding you misinformation to see what you will do. To facebook I say you have lost your way. You have lost what remained of my trust. Your users for the most part congregate here to interface with their friends and family. Deeply meaningful interactions that should not be subject to the poor judgment of a soulless corporation run by a deviant sociopath. Luckily you can be replaced with a phone call, a text message, or a trip to the local bar. I hope that this post goes viral and I hope that people do something about your disgusting breach of ethics. To the rest of you I say stay to your own misfortune this is just what has become public who knows what else they are doing with all of the information they have gathered about us and their ability to control your reality. See you all in real life!

And I guess I would also have to say I liked the old ATS site better. it was much more user friendly

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WHYFIGHT

Why will you continue to monitor your account? Won't it then become a constant emotional response test [vk] as you must then resist the urge to jump back in? Is there a reason you want to see your own post go viral?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Congratulations! I closed mine about a month or so ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: November5
per the last post, to get contact information from the people who want to stay In contact.

I think you missed the point

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jamesmm791

I have the problem of a bunch of people I know have stupidly crossed-linked me with their accounts... so attempting to cancel you account is futile... you are forever in the Snare/Trap

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I think i got the point, just not the path leading to it, but i did miss the contact aspect tho, so sorry about that. Honestly, I would like to do the same. Maybe...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Facebook is just one more way that data is gathered, and people are being experimented on.
We have been lab rats for generations. If you want to protest, stop buying all name-brand products, or shopping big-box stores; don't use 'rewards cards'.
Every time you make a purchase with anything but cash, it goes into a system that monitors your buying habits, store and product preferences. Opting out of Facebook doesn't get you out of the loop- you're still somebody's lab rat.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Learn to read AND COMPREHEND terms and agreements of crud you click 'sure.'

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: November5
Not a problem.

You can't cancel the account that is impossible right now. You can however stop using it to send them a message. Their conduct is deplorable and should not go unaddressed.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty
I don't have that type of time...

and to illustrate the weakness of that argument...

person a gives person b permission to poke their eye out with a stick. is it then socially acceptable, morally acceptable, or even legally acceptable for person b to pop that eye out? What if person a happens to be a minor?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You know what I use facebook for. Reading funny posts, sharing funny posts, and the occasional silly pic of one of my kids doing something silly. I don't post my vacation plans, life goals, and how big my poop was that morning. For what I use it for it's perfect, no information gathered and none offered unless they can use a pic of my kids eating an icecream cone messy against me? I won't lose sleep......

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel
Yeah, I hear ya. I use mine the same, in addition to posting my artwork, which is posted in lots of places on the net already. Not really sweating it much. You can find way more info by googling my name

edit on Tue, 01 Jul 2014 20:47:13 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

And all the ways you will now use to contact anyone...are also being contolled and monitored. We all know that. So you arent ending any affiliation with "media and contact methods".

Youre just swapping out. Nothin will change anyway for you. Except youre smarter for dropping FB.

Oh...and since youre gonna use the phone now...liste for the little beeps and clicks. Youre being monitored.

Welcome to the machine..........

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Controlled, fine
Monitored, if they feel it's that necessary, whatever
but intentionally effed with to alter my perception of reality and log my behavior, HELL NO!

we have become too complacent and excepting of bad behavior in our society and we have been fed a line of crap that states you have no say because it's "insert super large corporate entity here". But we do have a say it is with in MY control to stop using "insert super large corporate entity here" services. And so it is the same for every single person on this planet.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It's a computer program that YOU accept to use on the creators terms...not a person poking yer eye. Starting to see how you came to your current logic.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

no reward cards here!

Yes I no it's impossible to get out from under the microscope but I'm drawing a line. I am offended by facebook's audacity and lack of good judgement.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Quitting Facebook is the new "I don't watch Television." It's incredibly "hip" now. I know a bunch of people who are doing it.

And yes, Virginia. You can completely delete your account:

www.facebook.com...

Or you can just deactivate it.

Either way, no one can see it, or search for you, on it. It's very edgy.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty

I guess if you can't argue the point it's best to just take the straw man route.

perhaps you should find another forum to troll

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have always been against facebook and similar things of that nature.
My oldest son wanted it for school and ran into misunderstandings that bit him in the ass.
I shut it down and he never returned to it. A few months later I tried to access it, but was gone.
I searched his name using a backdoor to facebook and he was not found.

Great news for us.

My advice is walk away from it, don't look back.
Use email and text or (God forbid,) a phone to stay in touch.
I am amazed how people shy away from direct contact. If folk are too busy to talk, you simply don't matter enough to them. It sounds cold, but it is true. There is always time to do something you really want to do. You make time for it (them). If someone calls me just to say hi, it means something.

I suppose there will always be 'the next big social thing' that everyone will flock to and we who don't will be threatened with being left behind. Meh, if you want me, come find me, we'll talk.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Good for you! I quit and deleted all my information on Farcebook three years ago, when I found out they were selling my info to third parties. Also, random people trying to add me and I didn't want my ex to see what I was up to or what she was up to. Like you said, have people call you, text you and go to your local bar and make connections with real people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join