It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Wal*Mart Pushing an Anti-American Agenda? Or, Just Oblivious?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

Design houses live and die by one rule and one rule only.............

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American Public" H. L. Mencken

WalMart knows this...just look at the people that shop there!!!

edit on 30-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt

originally posted by: opethPA

Sure...a much more likely scenario is they are just following basic marketing and skulls and flags (around july 4) sell to young boys.

That is a possibility, but these were in the Men's section, in sizes Small - XXXL

Go to an Ozzfest or any other concert like that in the summer and see a billion shirts with the design on that shirt.

LOL...Maybe they are in cahoots, and unbeknownst to me, Killer of Giants, was quietly playing over the instore public address system...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I may be a dumb hillbilly redneck, but I never said that...

Now now, I never said that either... I'll admit to impersonating one though.

They could be simply mounting their surfboard on the same wave as those who are!

And who would that be ? Obama ?

How many would it take? I didn't search the entire store and their website for more merchandise that gave me a creepy feeling when I saw it. But, who knows how much more exists? If, in fact, it is part of some agenda.

I'll admit that it gave me a creepy feeling too. It felt like someone had just slapped me in the eyeballs with a t-shirt.

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOtAnd, while you may shop at high-end clothing boutiques or just call your tailor out to the mansion, some of us can only afford $4.00 tees and $10.00 britches, so...

Well, that's 14 $ more than I have to spend on clothes. That mansion doesn't pay it's own rent

Could be! Hence the thread and subsequent discussion...

So... What do you think ?
edit on 30-6-2014 by Ismail because: he has trouble with the quoting system on ATS

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What a stupid shirt.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

...just look at the people that shop there!!!

Tread lightly! I resemble that remark!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Badass skulls, and national flags have gone together very well for quite some time. This shirt design was probably taken right out of a tattoo shop somewhere, and plastered onto a shirt.

As for whether it is anti-American or not... Well, that depends on who you ask. Let's face it, some Americans think that it is preferable that American citizens continue to die of easily treatable diseases, just because those individuals cannot get health insurance, and it is for that reason that the current healthcare reforms are such a mangled mess, rather than being put through government in their original format.

Hell, it's why the US still HAS health insurance requirements of any kind, affordable or not, rather than payment for healthcare by taxation alone, which is the only fair way to do it.

So the question is not, is the T-shirt anti American, but just what does America stand for, that this t-shirt might conflict with?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I remember seeing shirts in Walmart for sale that had the totenkopf skull on them (a Nazi symbol).
I also remember seeing a ton of things being priced at exactly $14.88 (if you don't know what this is, click here). I mentioned it to a guy I worked with that was into white supremacy stuff and he told me it's because they have someone at the corporate offices who is pushing that stuff through.
So, who knows. It wouldn't be the first time Walmart has sold things with hidden messages.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ismail

And who would that be ? Obama ?

I see him as more of a pawn or front man, who is so far out of his element, it is no longer funny...
I do love his slow-motion reactionary approach to politics, though... It's akin to a hollywood style reply from 10 different angles!

originally posted by: Ismail

So... What do you think ?

My jury is still out. That's why I started the thread. To elicit the thoughts of the illustrious minds on ATS, although I did so dubiously...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
For true WalMart Haute Couture....

That Tshirt should be in wife beater style!

edit on 30-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

That's a new one on me...Interesting nonetheless, though...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
To me, "America Is Death."
edit on 30-6-2014 by Dapaga because: capital I

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sorry I just dont see it as being anything other than normal marketing that has been going on forever.

I could give multiple examples and i dont think it would change your opinion any from what you believe it is so have at it and a few rows over from that shirt they all sell tin-foil so you can make a nice hat!!! =) (im kidding on the tin-foil part)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's the logo of a little known rock band:

The Grateful American Dead

But they never made it to the big time

(just kidding).

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I bought a Nazi totenkopf t-shirt from walmart, still have it. they just pick random prints and sell them I think.
edit on 30-6-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join