It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness a polar bear’s heartbreaking swim for ice in the Arctic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Amazing GoPro footage of a mother and her cubs as they swim tirelessly across the water in search of ice. Fortunately, this short clip has a happy ending.

cottagelife.com... S&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Outbrain

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well maybe with the process of evolution they just might revert back into the shark .They live on the ice ,off the ice,in the water and out of the water . a reply to: FlySolo

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The only thing heartbreaking in that video was the music...

Did they rip it off the LOTR soundtrack?

What did these people do, film in the artic summer? Without a date/location of filming...

They showed a Polar Bear swimming from one island to another.

At least they didn't show penguins and try to pass it off as the arctic again.

FYI, Polar Bears don't necessarily NEED ice, but they are well suited to use it. As long as they can hunt to eat.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This video was debunked years ago. It's known that polar bears can swim for tens of miles and often do in search for food, swimming from one ice flow to the next during the warmers seasons as the ice begins to break up.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

What's the heart breaking part?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Looking at the underwater shots, I always imagined this is what Chewbacca would look like in a swimming pool.

To the OP. Polar bears swim from one place to another, as already mentioned.

Regards

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
yayaya ok. It's not a tear jerker. Sorry to disappoint.

How 'bout that GoPro cam?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well every one enjoys a bit of close up of nature in action so yea ..go gopro a reply to: FlySolo

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
yayaya ok. It's not a tear jerker. Sorry to disappoint.

How 'bout that GoPro cam?

Shame on them for sponsoring a 3 minute lie.
Just like I'd expect of any corporation...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Regardless of the video, it's been shown that the polar bear population is actually increasing, and that's not saying much because in certain areas they don't even check on the polar bear population.
I've spoken to many people who have seen these polar bear videos, and they are angry about the way they have been used to make the case for Global Warming.
edit on 27-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Witness an elephant's heartbreaking swim after rising sea levels swamped its tiny island!

See? I can do it, too, only I'm not a big corporation.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So brave

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I was enjoying watching them have fun swimming along then wham! Learn about the arctic exploration fund. Yeah heres a few £s save the ice yeah! Woo!!
Hike up my power bills with your propoganda

Ruin the countryside with windfarms

tax the Spanish for sunshine

Sell me an electric car to further hike my powerbills

make me pay for a bag to carry my milk home

this wasnt meant to be a rant but I enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The polar bear is an excellent swimmer and individuals have been seen in open Arctic waters as far as 300 km (200 mi) from land. With its body fat providing buoyancy, it swims in a dog paddle fashion using its large forepaws for propulsion.[55] Polar bears can swim 10 km/h (6 mph). When walking, the polar bear tends to have a lumbering gait and maintains an average speed of around 5.6 km/h (3.5 mph).[55] When sprinting, they can reach up to 40 km/h (25 mph).[56]

Considering that they've spotted bears swimming along up to 200miles from land, I'd say the mother bear and her cub are almost certainly not in distress at all in the video.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The bears are probably in more distress by the fact there is a speedboat full of "do-gooders" and cameramen pursuing them.

Regards

top topics

join