It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The hole in the Ozone Layer"...which one ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ozone is created by sunlight striking oxygen.

The ozone layer will, of nessisity, be thinner at the polar caps due to a lack of oxygen producing vegitation in an Artic environment.
Therefore, compared to the rest of the Earth, there would be 2 "Holes" one North, One South.

Then , Volcanic activity, activly burning O2 , as well as wildfires could create temporary "holes" in localized areas, untill winds redistributed o2 from activley producing wooded areas..

I kinda chuckle when someone mentions multiple items in the singular..

edit on 20/6/14 by Greywolf13A because: Hit the enter button too soon..bad habit of that. I really need to break myself of it. Moderators gotta be screaming at me by now..

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greywolf13A

It would appear you have drawn a blank.....

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Too drunk to construct a meaningful thread my friend?:-)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dicko

I wish,,,dry for 3 months...
Blonde moment # 365...my count is up today..

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yup.
moderators gotta be screaming at me right about now...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I thought I read or heard somewhere that Lightning created Ozone .Off to wiki to have a peek . ETA ..Ozone /ˈoʊzoʊn/ (systematically named 1λ1,3λ1-trioxidane and μ-oxidodioxygen), or trioxygen, is an inorganic molecule with the chemical formula O
3(μ-O) (also written [O(μ-O)O] or O
3). It is a pale blue gas with a distinctively pungent smell. It is an allotrope of oxygen that is much less stable than the diatomic allotrope O
2, breaking down in the lower atmosphere to normal dioxygen. Ozone is formed from dioxygen by the action of ultraviolet light and also atmospheric electrical discharges, and is present in low concentrations throughout the Earth's atmosphere. In total, ozone makes up only 0.6 ppm of the atmosphere. en.wikipedia.org...

0.6 ppm of the atmosphere is not a lot .imo ..I wonder if it has a balance or does it increase and decrease in a natural cycle . Back to reading again .
edit on 20-6-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greywolf13A
Ozone is created by sunlight striking oxygen.

The ozone layer will, of nessisity, be thinner at the polar caps due to a lack of oxygen producing vegitation in an Artic environment.
Therefore, compared to the rest of the Earth, there would be 2 "Holes" one North, One South.

Then , Volcanic activity, activly burning O2 , as well as wildfires could create temporary "holes" in localized areas, untill winds redistributed o2 from activley producing wooded areas..

I kinda chuckle when someone mentions multiple items in the singular..

I don't think it's ever been an 'even' layer. I think it's a very natural, organic process. During it's creation and use (usually flocks to clean up areas) it has always had 'holes' in it and 'thin' areas as well.

The entire 'hole' notion is IMHO ridiculous.
edit on 20-6-2014 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

agreed.have one on me..

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Different grades of Ozone also...the light generation properties of the lightning / plasma could very well do that also...
"To the Library, " cried the Samaruai Shortstop to his sidekick Fielder..

new topics

top topics

join