It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS chief promises stricter rules for 'dark money' nonprofit groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
In an "effort" to somehow micromanage all the 501(c)(4) "non-profit" social welfare group spending on political campaigns and still keep their donor lists "secret", the IRS is proposing some new rules and regulations that apparently will limit how much these outfits can spend.

These 501(c)(4)'s are worried that their tax status could change to "political committees" and thus be compelled to make public their main donors.

I imagine the "Lefts" are more worried than the "Rights" on this issue because big shot backers like George Soros are more likely to prefer anonymity and more "control".

And ironically, IRS Commissioner John Koskinen revealed these plans during an interview with the Center for Public Integrity which receives big funding from ultra-Progressive George Soros !!!

Center for Public Integrity is "pressing" for these new rules. Wonder why?

Hmmm.

They keep focusing on private donors and keep our eyes off the ball because the real big bribery and influence is in Lobbying anyway.

And just who can trust the IRS anymore anyway?

The Internal Revenue Service will propose new and specific rules defining how much money “social welfare” nonprofits may spend on political campaigns, Commissioner John Koskinen said Tuesday during an interview for an upcoming Center for Public Integrity investigative report.

Such rules could curb the influence of “dark money” nonprofits engaging in overt political activity that proliferated after the U.S. Supreme Court’s Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission decision in 2010.

IRS chief promises stricter rules for 'dark money' nonprofit groups

"Darker" Story.... claims the new rules will give advantages to "Liberal" groups.

CPI has received $3,216,328 from George Soros’ Open Society Foundations since 2000. Through the OSF, Soros gave an additional $3.4 million to other groups that were linked to pressure on the IRS to target conservative groups. This targeting of conservative groups eventually led to a congressional hearing, and the termination of IRS official Lois Lerner. This investigation by Congress into the IRS is still ongoing.

In early 2010, two Soros-funded groups, the Campaign Legal Center and Democracy 21, began sending letters to the IRS, urging it to investigate conservative groups. Shortly after these letters were sent, the IRS began instituting the policy changes that eventually came under Congressional scrutiny. In October, 2011, CPI published a study on 501 (c)(4) nonprofit groups which drew heavily from those letters, and referenced both the CLC and Democracy 21.

IRS Promises Soros-funded Group It Will Further Regulate Nonprofits

edit on Jun-19-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
They couldn't follow their own rules concerning targeting individuals, I would have to wonder why anyone would believe that they could follow new ones. Even if it benefits some seedy characters. It's like they just can't not fail really.

Wait... Maybe I don't find that so hard to believe. Obama got his second term the same way he got his first... false promises. Maybe most folks prefer false promises now. It certainly seems that way.

And by that standard I must now reverse my "why would anyone believe it" to "people will probably eat it up like they have everything else". If it benefits mafioso characters they will probably eat it up even more sadly. The country has gone nuts.

Either way they will remain immune to any and all types of punishment if they are caught doing something underhanded. They'll lose the emails then get a paid holiday to recover from the trauma of being accused of something they actually did.

Just give me a while to find my shocked face. I seem to have lost it at this point.
edit on 6/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Because there's not integrity in the current system?

There was a big story on NPR about these groups. They are basically PAC's disguised as regular non-profit groups, it seems pretty shady to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I reply to: CB328

Now that CB328 has come out in favor of these new guidelines I know there is a liberal bias! In all seriousness though, why do we still pretend there are any rules keeping big money from buying our legislators? It would be easier to just let Soros and the other big money a-holes just give as much as they want to whomever they want. We already know the entire system is corrupt.
edit on 2014/6/19 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Last time I checked, I thought Congress was supposed to make the rules for these clowns.

Oh right, the existence of the IRS is illegal to BEGIN WITH, and everyone seems to ignore that fact alone. So now everybody just makes laws and thank the good Geezuz most high for a George Soros group steerin' us all ta' Glory!

This is like a very bad After School Special.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The IRS ? Making sure "criminal" activity doesn't occur?

Sounds like the wolf guarding the hen house.

Before you know it all non-profits, including religious organizations will be deemed political organizations so

the IRS can access the records and harass

anyone who is opposed to or disagrees with whoever is president or in power at the time.

Hey, where are the emails about harassing the conservatives, oh, you destroyed the hard drives, but nothing was on them,
REALLY, and we are supposed to believe that the IRS will fight corruption,
oops I wet my pants LOL.

Laughable!
edit on 19-6-2014 by grandmakdw because: added stuff

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Because the current scandals are taking their toll.

They are doing everything they can to make the next two election cycles is an unfair fight.

Like they did during the last election.
edit on 19-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join