It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian war planes strike inside Iraq, sources say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I know it's Fox News, but if what the reports say are true, it would definitely make for interesting circumstances, especially considering that Iran and the USA are looking at cooperating in tackling the militant threat in Iraq. This makes me wonder if Syria is acting with acknowledgement and approval from the Iraqi government, meaning that Iran, Iraq and Syria could be combating the ISIS militants in what would appear to be an informal alliance. Interesting times!

Syria war planes struck two separate Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) convoys near the town of Al Qaim just inside Iraq over the weekend, two well-placed senior U.S. defense officials told Fox News.

The Syrian planes struck on Saturday with the help of Iranian intelligence, sources familiar with the incident said.

There is no bomb damage from the attack, but it is the first time there have been reports of Syrian warplanes having crossed into Iraq since the ISIS fighters swept across the country a week ago.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

It's a free-for-all over there now.

And I fear it will only get worse.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I expect the offensive to roll straight through to Iran..
just a hunch
edit on 16-6-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It's about to get real bloody over there. Chemical weapons are likely around the corner. Mass graves are already being filled in Iraq.

www.businessinsider.com...

The brutal Sunni militant group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) has released a gruesome set of photos that reportedly depicts the mass execution of Shi'ite Iraqi soldiers.

Pakistan started a major offensive inside it's own borders Monday. Maybe they are thinking there's about to be a major shakeup in the region soon.

www.nytimes.com...

As a full Pakistani military offensive in the tribal district of North Waziristan took shape on Monday, commanders promised a crushing blow to the jihadi groups that have flourished there in the past decade, spreading chaos in the region and posing a security threat to the West.

I just really get the feeling there's about to be a major worldwide escalation of things.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sounds like Syria is trying to help Iraq by attacking the ISIS. Israel, US, Saudi Arabia along with NATO won't like their mercenaries being attacked by Syria, not when they are trying to take over Syria themselves.

On another note related to this here's another headline

"U.S. Sacrificing Iraq To Al-Qaeda To Reignite Failed War In Syria"

edit on 17-6-2014 by Hilux1996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here we go ....

I agree with TDawg .... it's a free for all.
Keeping track of which group is hitting which other group ...
Keeping track of who is in cahoots with who else ...
It's too much of a mess to figure out.

Syria hits Iraq. Iraq is lost.

If Islam didn't exist, I wonder how much of this would be happening.
Shia vs Sunni vs ISIS ... etc etc .....

top topics

join