It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Cities, Tunnels, Bases And Vanishing Clusters Of People - Are They Connected?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: uncommitted

I don't see how he could have made it so far from camp being barefoot, unless his soles are like leather.

Surely they should have found him by now.

Well, he was chasing his pooch at night, and from other news reports, he or the dog fell into a creek bed:

www.nbclosangeles.com...

"We found his backpack and some footprints and things like that, so they're going to be searching really heavily in that creek bed where he was last seen," said Buschow."

There used to be old gold miner stories that creek beds had entrances to underground caves, as they were really the sediment layer that formed the ceiling of underground limestone caverns.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
95+% of people who are reported missing are found within 24-48 hours. There are only 80k open missing persons cases in the USA. Most of them are in urban areas, not national parks. I get it, your thread is about national parks specifically, but urban missing persons dwarf that statistic. That alone makes some conspiracy theory about missing persons in national parks seem silly. Wildlife is abundant, if someone tries something stupid their body won't last long.

a reply to: sled735

edit on 17-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
We had feet before we had shoes...they're fairly versatile.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Have you ever walked through the forest barefoot? There are little sticks, rocks, and all kinds of things that can hurt, ever through shoes, if you don't wear a thick sole. I don't think he could have gotten that far away.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Have you ever walked through the forest barefoot? There are little sticks, rocks, and all kinds of things that can hurt, ever through shoes, if you don't wear a thick sole. I don't think he could have gotten that far away.

For all you know this guys feet are as hard as Tarzan's !

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The soles of feet can become as tough as thick leather. I can give an example. I became pussy footed after wearing shoes for too long. I can now walk through briars and broken glass after conditioning.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yes, I do often actually...I also walk through the desert barefoot, and the snow...

This guy has never worn shoes:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes, I do often actually...I also walk through the desert barefoot, and the snow...

This guy has never worn shoes:

en.wikipedia.org...

Is this the guy that's missing?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

What I think I (and others) am getting at is that when someone is fairly active in outdoor activities, especially hiking and camping, their feet tend to be pretty sturdy when it comes to walking over rough terrain. For you to assume otherwise indicates you want to think the only option was for him to have been dragged kicking and screaming into an underground world where he was the sacrificed to Satan, resurrected by underground druids and then kidnapped by subterranean reptilian humanoids never to be heard from again. Because they ate him.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Umm...no, that isn't what I'm thinking. What the hell is wrong with you?!

This thread isn't just about this guy, you know? We have millions of people who have disappeared in the parks. I'm sure all of them don't have leather feet, as this guy did.

If you are trying to start an argument, go ahead, and I'll notify the MODs, whatever you want.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Here is a site that shows an updated world map of all the tunnels, caves, etc.
As you will see, there are a lot of them!

Use the arrows in the top left of the screen to navigate the different countries.
www.google.com...

There's none in Canada. Is this correct?

Anyways, interesting topic. I have to check out the links now.

Thanks
SF

I see one in Canada, close to the Alaska border.

Thanks. I need to look again more closely. I though it was in Alaska.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I was being facetious. Not even close to wanting to start an argument. But statistically, the number of people who go missing in parks is minuscule compared to those who go missing in urban areas. I think it is silly to focus on that small percentage as some type of weird thing. It actually makes MORE sense for people to go missing in national parks and open land. They tend to want to do stupid stuff when in that environment.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Here is a site that shows an updated world map of all the tunnels, caves, etc.
As you will see, there are a lot of them!

Use the arrows in the top left of the screen to navigate the different countries.
www.google.com...

There's none in Canada. Is this correct?

Anyways, interesting topic. I have to check out the links now.

Thanks
SF

I see one in Canada, close to the Alaska border.

Thanks. I need to look again more closely. I though it was in Alaska.

I should have looked closer too. Now I see six places.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join