It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chosen Twice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Have you ever had that uneasy feeling that this has all been played out before? The circumstances of your life that you find yourself in are strikingly similar to how they once were. What once was, is, and what is, was once how the future will be? What if this third dimensional existence is a test to see if we can develop to the point where we can experience a forth dimensional existence? Not a ground-breaking idea, but how does it relate to the feelings of déjà vu?

Perhaps what is needed for us to enter the fourth dimensional experience is for every soul to perform the correct sequence of actions during a set period of time. Each time we fail to accomplish this, our memories get wiped and we need to start again. Memory wipes could be subject to diminishing returns for the very reason that at least minimal progress is made each time we are tested than the last.

Eventually, it would be impossible to experience another reset because our memory of the past would be so strong and we would know what needed to be done. (This would ensure that we are not stuck in an eternal time loop).

Now is a time for introspection and self-reflection. Think about your actions and the way you behave. Analyse the circumstances of your life and ask yourself if you could go about doing things differently.

edit on 14/6/2014 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm not really into metaphysical stuff too much but I really do relate to this post.

I have a strong feeling that I've done "this" life before - with changes.

It would explain how I just knew certain things.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

That would mean that we have the free will.
Obviously, you've seen The Matrix, thus you should realize the fact that, there is no free will and we have no choice.

But yeah, I like the idea. If you haven't read this thread yet.. you have to do so, now!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
^^^
the best thread I've ever read here, by far.

edit on 14-6-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
That would mean that we have the free will.
Obviously, you've seen The Matrix, thus you should realize the fact that, there is no free will and we have no choice.

I believe there are valid arguments that support both the Free Will and No Free Will schools of thought. While I do tend to lean toward the No Free Will theory, the debate is far from definitive. No side can confirm irrefutably that what they believe is truthful.

edit on 14/6/2014 by Dark Ghost because: fixed wording

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

but it's weird right? like... you are not in control of anything, not even your own life, just being here and experiencing the outside world, yet your brain makes the decisions a few milliseconds before you actually think you do it... It's even hard to imagine, geez..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I remember when I was a kid I had chicken pox... and bad. One night my fever had spiked very high; I remember my mother telling me that the doctor would be by in the morning... (this was 1975, and our family doctor did make house calls).

That night I had an incredibly intense dream experience- I have never forgotten it, even now 39 years later.

I had been in a military convoy. The vehicles were older than anything on the road at that time; years later, looking at a 1940s "deuce and a half" I recognized it as the vehicle I was in within this dream.

In the dream the convoy was on a road of sorts on the side of a mountain. I remember looking around at the scenery. Then explosions. Then me staring at the sky... and that is how it ended.

I never told anyone of the dream. I was only 5 years old when this happened, yet I will never forget it's realism and the profound feeling that I had been in that place and time...

I had that sense of incredible deja-vu when I arrived in Korea... like I had really been there before, yet couldn't quite put my finger on "why"... and I recalled that dream. Had I died in Korea once before?

I cannot say with any veracity that yes, I lived once before and was killed in Korea during the war.... It is just an intuitive feeling... based on a dream I had when I was 5 years old.

It is the only dream that I can recall from childhood; the feeling of it was just so damned profound...

Your OP seems to ring very true to me, for reasons I can't quite explain... and it is that same intuitive feeling.

S&F

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

oh, and back to your topic...
I would say that no matter how hard I try, I can't make things seem different. It's really like everything has already been set and I need to follow some weird way. It feels a bit like I can make certain shortcuts or take few sideways, still I get to the main track in a while...
Frankly, sometimes I feel like we are pre-programmed to do what we do, and these feelings supports the idea I prefer, the idea that we have no free will or choice.

The question therefore is, why are we here?... well, I would say that we are here to experience just what we experience, nothing else really, for we need to understand something. As through us the whole universe is learning. Everyone has its own track and learns its own piece of wisdom or basically has the experience it has just because it learns and the learning process consists of having all the different experiences. Because we are the Universe experiencing itself right? we are not separate, but one.
It's really like everyone of us is a small piece of the whole. The idea of holographic universe applies here a bit. So is the question about life, what's the purpose of life? As Alan Watts said, the purpose of life is just to be alive.

Also, paraphrased from The Matrix, we are not here to make the choice. The choice has already been made, we are here to understand why it's been made.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Sounds very much like what you're describing is the basis for one the world's largest religious tenets: reincarnation.

Saṃsāra or Sangsāra (Sanskrit: संसार) (in Tibetan called 'khor ba (pronounced kɔrwɔ [IPA] in many Tibetan dialects), meaning "continuous flow"), is the repeating cycle of birth, life and death (reincarnation) within Hinduism, Buddhism, Bön, Jainism, and Taoism,

a person's current life is only one of many—stretching back before birth into past existences and reaching forward beyond death into future incarnations. During the course of each life the quality of the actions (karma) performed determine the future destiny of each person.
en.wikipedia.org...

It's all about getting into a habit and repeating those tendencies so that they become stronger and stronger until liberation. Even if one doesn't believe in reincarnation, the message of falling into good habits to perpetuate good things makes sense to me!

edit on 14-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

These kinds of stories are fascinating and hard to ignore! Thanks for sharing.

May I share an anecdote? (may or may not be relevant to the OP's discussion topic)

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
Have you ever had that uneasy feeling that this has all been played out before?

When I was younger I kept hearing this "C" word, cancer. I didn't know what it was exactly, but I was hearing a lot about it. George Harrison had just gotten diagnosed with it, and then Tom Green. I was hearing the word jokingly used in SNL skits. I even kept repeating the lines used in the comedy. But on some level I knew it was a terrible thing.

For some reason I was very convinced that this cancer thing would happen to me. I was so certain of it, I can't explain why. I just had this feeling like, "Be on the lookout, it's coming soon."

One summer I started having pains and fevers. I remember telling my grandparents once that I think I had stomach cancer. They just chuckled a bit nervously and said I was overreacting.

Sure enough, by the end of the summer I got a diagnosis. By the time the doctor said it to me, It seemed so natural like, "Oh yeah, I knew this was coming. No surprise."

I've always wondered about the connection going on there. Did my obsessive fear with the word somehow manifest into reality? Was I knowledgeable on some level that I had to deal with this someday? Was intuition preparing me? Or, none of the above: just random coincidences?

For some reason, I felt conditioned and prepared for it. I knew I had a trial to face. Make of it what you will!

edit on 14-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

oh, and back to your topic...
I would say that no matter how hard I try, I can't make things seem different. It's really like everything has already been set and I need to follow some weird way. It feels a bit like I can make certain shortcuts or take few sideways, still I get to the main track in a while...
Frankly, sometimes I feel like we are pre-programmed to do what we do, and these feelings supports the idea I prefer, the idea that we have no free will or choice.

The question therefore is, why are we here?... well, I would say that we are here to experience just what we experience, nothing else really, for we need to understand something. As through us the whole universe is learning. Everyone has its own track and learns its own piece of wisdom or basically has the experience it has just because it learns and the learning process consists of having all the different experiences. Because we are the Universe experiencing itself right? we are not separate, but one.
It's really like everyone of us is a small piece of the whole. The idea of holographic universe applies here a bit. So is the question about life, what's the purpose of life? As Alan Watts said, the purpose of life is just to be alive.

Also, paraphrased from The Matrix, we are not here to make the choice. The choice has already been made, we are here to understand why it's been made.

Perhaps it is a combination of both... we are on a set path with our major life events essentially scripted. Free will involves how we respond to those major life events.

For instance... let's say a man is born into this world, we'll call him "Frank". Frank will have several major life events happen: 1. He is molested as a child by a creepy uncle. 2. He marries the love of his life. 3. He loses his wife in a tragic twist of fate. 4. He dies at age 55.

"Frank A." turns his tragic childhood into a positive; he pursues a career as a child counselor and helps many others deal with thier pain. He marries his highschool sweetheart. She divorces him years later after an extramarital affair. "Frank A" continues to help others; when he passes suddenly at age 55, he is both mourned and missed.

"Frank B." turns his tragic childhood into a negative; he pursues a career as a children's counselor, to gain access to children so that he may molest them. He also marries his highschool sweetheart, and maintains the ruse of loving husband for many years. When his crimes are exposed, she divorces him. "Frank B." is murdered in prison at age 55. He is neither mourned nor missed; and he is counted as one of history's villians.

Two identical lives with outcomes that are polar opposites.

I do believe that parts of our lives are intertwined with fate- how we deal with those fateful events is how we exercise our free will... and ultimately how we are judged.

"Frank A." lived a life that may allow him to "graduate"... and move past this existence.

"Frank B." lived a life that probably means that he will be "held back", so to speak... to live and learn again.

In either case, who are we to judge? Perhaps "Frank" was sent here to learn the feeling of performing such evil acts? Perhaps doing evil was his lesson to learn. Perhaps we all need to experience both- for true spiritual balance. None of us will ever truly know, until that moment that we pass into the next chapter.

edit on 14-6-2014 by madmac5150 because: Word

edit on 14-6-2014 by madmac5150 because: Word II

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That would mean that we have the free will. Obviously, you've seen The Matrix, thus you should realize the fact that, there is no free will and we have no choice.

So the movie "The Matrix" reflects reality, does it? Or could it be just, you know, a movie done by a couple of crazy brothers who don't have a clue about reality any more than anyone else?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We all saw the events before we "entered the portal, metaphor or real" so to speak. Not all of them, but some of our life events. The problem for most is that the dark side have gone into such unbalanced programming that children and their missions, are hijacked. And people's free will is taken from them. Most wouldn't have entered to be murdered or die or live homeless. There are things that happen here, via the very dark plans of the wealthy that hijack people's lives, they lay seige to people's lives.

But de je vu is the marker, its kind of a neutral coloring book marker. ie. it can just remind us we are where we should be at this point, or it can remind us, we need to put more light and love into coloring up the page, because we haven't put a growth point in yet.

We're coloring up that neutral page and need to turn some of the errors and parts where we hurt others around, and not color it up dark. So the coloring book is like Groundhog Day the Movie, we can color the page different ways.

Sometimes, though rarely, intervention can take place, like Groundhog Day the movie, where all around you is perception, and its rewound, you could spend a week but only remember the day you are meant to move forward on. You may have to earn that priviledge though by really trying, possibly anyway.

There most definitely is free will overall for most people however, yet to the extent it is taken away Higher Ups mitigate and help the person so they still move on, for even having gone through some bad things or participating without free will from childhood such as being badly abused and compartmentalized like happens to some, we still in an overview method, learn not to harm so even bad things aren't wasted.

We are learning not to harm and learning to be able to manage whole systems and be responsible, loving,kind and Good on higher levels.
edit on 14-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join